Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: My SA Experience  (Read 850 times)

Online IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
Re: My SA Experience
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2020, 11:11:40 am »
These scams have been around for a very long time and will never go away, but will evolve and become more sofisticated.

Our best defence is being street wise and keeping up to date with the progressively new "normal".

I feel for Biela as much as all the others, but one must remember; this is not only an SA phenomenon. They happen the world over.

No it does not. Stop with that narrative.

While crime is obviously a world wide epidemic being murdered for a lap top or phone is highly unlikely in most western countries.
Crime in UK is rife. so is murder. no one got murdered luckily. drama llama.

Sure it is.

But lets not derail the discussion which is a tragedy as is Kilroys sons experiences.

But lets not bullshit ourselves and sprout crap from behind our electrical fences, burglar bars, security gates to make us feel better an say its like that all over the world.

Cos its not, i dont even lock my doors at night
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2020, 11:14:32 am »
These scams have been around for a very long time and will never go away, but will evolve and become more sofisticated.

Our best defence is being street wise and keeping up to date with the progressively new "normal".

I feel for Biela as much as all the others, but one must remember; this is not only an SA phenomenon. They happen the world over.

While crime is obviously a world wide epidemic being murdered for a lap top or phone is highly unlikely in most western countries.

WHAT ARE THE NUMBERS PER POPULATION STATS ??
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2020, 11:17:26 am »

Sure it is.

But lets not derail the discussion which is a tragedy as is Kilroys sons experiences.

But lets not bullshit ourselves and sprout crap from behind our electrical fences, burglar bars, security gates to make us feel better an say its like that all over the world.

Cos its not, i dont even lock my doors at night
:biggrin: it is a tragedy, crimes like this are happening the world over. the illusion you are trying to project that the rest of the world is crime free bliss is asinine. how's the weather? must have seeped into your crime free soul by now, hence the continual attempts at deflecting your fears onto everyone who doesn't ask. be careful out there, I hear your new lockdown is going to be a good one.  :thumleft:
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2020, 11:18:45 am »

WHAT ARE THE NUMBERS PER POPULATION STATS ??

tell me what the acceptable murder rate is for you? ps, no one got murdered in this story, just ICM trying to remind everyone that he is battling to leave.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2020, 11:20:22 am »
Come on okes, dont drag this thread to RP.  Its not the place

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2020, 11:23:47 am »
every thread is opportunity for ICM to justify his choice. good point though, thanks again for sharing. crimes like this evolve and the criminals are clearly having to change their methods.  :thumleft:
Bike history:

Online IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • What me worry?
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2020, 11:27:31 am »
every thread is opportunity for ICM to justify his choice. good point though, thanks again for sharing. crimes like this evolve and the criminals are clearly having to change their methods.  :thumleft:

Strawman

I responded to a claim its the same all over hte world, no its not. Stop lying.

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2020, 11:30:50 am »

Strawman

crime is a problem all over the world. stop lying. :thumleft:
Bike history:

Online IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • What me worry?
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2020, 11:35:14 am »

Strawman

crime is a problem all over the world. stop lying. :thumleft:

You see now, with that statement i agree, crime certainly is a problem all over the world.

But that was not the original claim.

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2020, 11:35:53 am »
Take it to RP please. Last chance

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • East London
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2020, 01:17:00 pm »
Glad you are still with us Biela.  It must have been scary!!
Life is hard - even harder if you are stupid.

Offline 0012

• Double-oh-Tkwarf
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Race the rain. Ride the wind. Chase the sunset.
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2020, 02:44:59 pm »
I donít even have advice, other than this is a near death experience and you must expect to be traumatized, so if possible I would advise you to seek some form of counseling to help you through this one.  This is just fucked up on a different level.
Thank you for sharing

so glad you are physically unharmed, biela, please do seek some counselling if you can.
->    TransAlp 650 - sold
:(    Yamaha XT1200Z - written off - R.I.P.

Offline pwt

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2020, 02:49:15 pm »

:biggrin: it is a tragedy, crimes like this are happening the world over. the illusion you are trying to project that the rest of the world is crime free bliss is asinine. how's the weather? must have seeped into your crime free soul by now, hence the continual attempts at deflecting your fears onto everyone who doesn't ask. be careful out there, I hear your new lockdown is going to be a good one.  :thumleft:

In ICMís defense, he has really just been stating the obvious, crimes like these do not happen the world over, unless your frame of reference are other 3rd world countries when you refer to ďthe world overĒ.
You honestly do not need to argue and get personal about every post that you consider to be negative
This thread is about a very serious incident involving one of our own dogs and should not be used to belittle and insult others
Weíre very happy that this did not end in a tragedy, so letís leave it at that

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2020, 02:51:00 pm »
Christ almighty Dirty, you have absolutely no shame, learn how to check that ego at the door door.
It's the end of the road as we know it and I feel fine.

Offline Toothless

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2020, 02:56:08 pm »
Shit man, what a bad experience, glad you were not harmed physically.

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2020, 03:07:51 pm »
I donít even have advice, other than this is a near death experience and you must expect to be traumatized, so if possible I would advise you to seek some form of counseling to help you through this one.  This is just fucked up on a different level.
Thank you for sharing

so glad you are physically unharmed, biela, please do seek some counselling if you can.

^this

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2020, 03:09:17 pm »
yeah  , i am very glad it did not go any worse for you , plse seek some counseling , even though you may think you do not need it
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline biela

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2020, 05:30:55 am »
Hi guys

I didnt post this for crime debate.

The aim of this is to inform an prevent and educate.

I went through this and it doesnt matter what country it is.

The goal here is to not have anyone else fall in this trap.

Thanks
nothing worth getting ever came without effort

The following users thanked this post: IceCreamMan, Bundu, dirtyXT

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2020, 09:00:47 am »
Hi guys

I didnt post this for crime debate.

The aim of this is to inform an prevent and educate.

I went through this and it doesnt matter what country it is.

The goal here is to not have anyone else fall in this trap.

Thanks

Sorry you went through that man.

If I may, when you reported it to SAPS, they should have a Trauma Counseling goup attached to their precinct. They might phone you to offer a session or 2 to talk you through it. I would highly recommend taking them up on it.  It's free and will help you digest what happened.  They aren't cops, they are volunteers that are trained to just run you through it and help you get started dealing with the psychological side of it.

My wife did this for a good while at Sandton SAPS. (she's taking  break currently due to other commitments).  But it's legit.

The following users thanked this post: Bundu, 0012

Offline DavidMorrisXp

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2020, 09:11:58 am »
Hi all

I just though i might share my story to prevent anyone form getting hurt in future.

so yesterday on the 11th of November 2020 I had a appointment at 3Pm
I was selling my pc on facebook( bit high end machine) so decide to drop it off at the buyer at which was just up the road in midrand as we have been in telephonic and text communication and he advised this his absa manager just dropped a massive report on him.
I was selling it for a deposit on a spotless 2017 KX450.
Driving to the complex was all jolly and peaceful.
I met the buyer at the gate and he let me into the complex.

I unloaded the pc and was about to help him carry it up to his flat.
as i turn arround i was stairing straight into the barrel of a load 9mm pistol and was forced to what assumed was his appartment(Which was probably just a show room appartment now that i think about it).
I was force to lay facedown on the sofa and told to coperate. they then took everything i had on me my brand new s20 wallet car key everything.
I was then taken to one of the rooms.
as i entered the room i realized that this was no ordinary robbery. everything was layed out to kleen up and cover up after my murder.
it was then that it hit me like a truck i was about to die.
they then asked a series of question including if i had an apppointment after this to which i had to tell them.
One of them went out of the room and came back and said the words that will haunt me forever.
He said "If i did not have that appointment hethe plan was to keep me hostage till late and kill me."
He did say a whole lot of other things. which is not going to be mentioned.
By the grace o the lord I was spared and not harmed.
I was then put in my car and followed until my appointment.
I was forced to endure and keep my pose in the appointment as i was told that they work for a syndicate and will kill me and my whole family if i dont.
after which i drove like a mad person to get to a phone and en sure that my wife and kids are safe.
then i drove like a mad person on the highway to ensure i get to them and the inform the relivant people of the situation.

I am wrinting this to you in the hopes that you dont make the same mistakes as i did as it nearly cost me everything.

if i can leave you with a few things its the following.

1. Never meet a person at their or your house for a sale.
2. always meet in a public place with lots of people like a mall
3. spend time with your loved ones. Life can end in a single moment dont wast it.
4. keep your private life private.
5. secure your social media and make it as private as possible.
6. treat people with kindness as you never know what they are dealing with.
7. trust no one

I sincerely hope this will help someone to not end up like me or worse.

This is one hairy story, I am pleased you escaped the terrible fate they had planned for you

It is certainly making me re-evaluate the amount of times I buy and sell items when I get bored with something or just want to upgrade
Check out my YouTube channel, please like & subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUyKBSrBu-N5oswrTlAhphQ