Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Honda CRF 300L/Rally  (Read 930 times)

Offline Spectaitor

Honda CRF 300L/Rally
« on: November 12, 2020, 06:11:26 pm »
Now for what we have all been waiting for!

https://adventuremotorcycle.com/bikes/speculation-crf300l-rally

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1191657-honda-crf300l-and-crf300rally/?tab=comments#comment-15991869

Massive contender as a bike that I'd own very soon

Edit: Article is from a while ago I see BUT Thailand has just announced 300cc variants of both bikes but are mum on the specs although I read somewhere an increase of 8hp and a drop of 5kg.

Some time ago, as we wrote to you, Honda had uploaded as a teaser, the first photos and the first data from the upcoming CRF250L & CRF250 Rally of 2021. Now, in Thailand, its subsidiary presented the CRF300L & CRF300 Rally of 2021 , with the special edition CRF 300 Rally Dirt Addict Edition stealing the show.

The 2 CRF300 are siblings of the CRF250 that we will see presented in Japan, while the displacement in which we will see the motorcycles in Europe is still unknown.

The changes to the 250 and 300 are apparently the same, with the bikes having received a slight aesthetic renewal, with plastics renewed in places, new colors, and a flash that we had seen in the previous Rally model. But apparently the scalpel of the Japanese technicians has gone deeper than it seems, with a new frame, new scissors, improved engine, etc.

In its teaser, Honda states that the CRF250L has received its first renewal in 8 years, both aesthetically and in performance, with a style inspired by the Motocross models of the brand, and with a frame and scissor that have an optimal ratio of rigidity and small weight.

Visually, the Rally has also received a refresh, which is slightly less obvious than that of the CRF250L.

In the engine, Honda has made improvements in both the intake and exhaust system, the air filter, the exhaust, etc.

Two-channel ABS is standard, the headlights have LED bulbs, while the Rally has a larger tank than before, and thanks to the renewed engine with the best economy, greater autonomy.

Passing the wonderful CRF 300 Rally Dirt Addict Edition, this will be produced on just 100 bikes, while it comes with several extras, such as handfuls of bark-busters, another handlebar, headlight guard, different chain guard, new rear wing, GPS stand, grill back, etc.

For now, neither Honda of Japan nor Thailand have announced technical details and details, so be patient.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 07:41:04 am by Spectaitor »
So much to do, so little time. Better get going then!

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
Re: Honda CRF 300L/Rally
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 07:09:33 pm »
This article is from last year, Honda just anounced a updated crf250l and Rally. Mechanical fuel pump and revised body work. Still 250
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Spectaitor

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 07:29:41 pm »
I fix, was announced for Thailand but there is hope that the world will get the same release!

https://electrodealpro.com/honda-crf300l%EF%BC%8Fcrf-300-rally-thailand-live-broadcast/

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 07:56:39 am »
I fix, was announced for Thailand but there is hope that the world will get the same release!

https://electrodealpro.com/honda-crf300l%EF%BC%8Fcrf-300-rally-thailand-live-broadcast/
So is this a Honda 300 or someone just putting a bigger cylinder on a 250 ? Difficult to make out that page and video.
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Spectaitor

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 08:10:23 am »
Information is sparse and written in other languages but Honda have surprise released a 300cc version of the bike in Thailand and stayed mum since then.

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 08:11:56 am »
Information is sparse and written in other languages but Honda have surprise released a 300cc version of the bike in Thailand and stayed mum since then.
Well that is pretty cool  :thumleft: Now for a 450 / 500 version  :biggrin:
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 09:07:36 am »
I have been following the 300L as I really think it may be the bike for me.. I heard it will be arriving next year in SA.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Grey hound
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 09:08:14 am »
Well that is pretty cool  :thumleft: Now for a 450 / 500 version  :biggrin:

??? there is a 450 version  :sip:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

The following users thanked this post: marlon

Offline Spectaitor

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 10:08:38 am »
I think it goes without saying that we want a 450 rally without retarded service intervals.

I also think I'd happily have one of these as my do everything bike, very keen for next year then.

The following users thanked this post: Cjl

Offline Edgar

• Local Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1050 Adventure
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 10:11:53 am »
Looks very nice!  :3some:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Grey hound
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 11:40:54 am »
I think it goes without saying that we want a 450 rally without retarded service intervals.

I also think I'd happily have one of these as my do everything bike, very keen for next year then.

Why not just get a 450L.. I have the 450X which is now a full rally spec bike and I can tell you that i should have rather put my money into a 450L simply because of the service intervals.

There was one on her with an ECU upgrade and all the farkles for R80k.. I can tell you that it is the perfect bike for a commuter and for in the bush. Honda took 3 of them and did the Tankwa Cross Country Challenge on them.. no problems.

Very underrated bike.

Offline Spectaitor

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 12:21:43 pm »
Commuter? With that service interval?
A bit expensive a bike to run daily don't you think?

The following users thanked this post: Cjl

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Grey hound
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 12:57:40 pm »
Commuter? With that service interval?
A bit expensive a bike to run daily don't you think?

yes and no.. it really depends on how analyitical you are going to get. To me a  do everything bike' is something that can do everything offroad but it will get you there on tar straight from your garage, so no need to trailer.

It really depends on the commute as well, 10 -15km is fine imo.. but if you doing a 60km commute then its probably not the bike best for the job...cost wize,  its literally an oil drop every 1000km which is quick and easy, I would not personally get a bike as a commute without a cush drive if its a daily commute,.. You can get a 650L at a fraction of the price and its going to do a better job which will be ok as a commuter and it will take you down any gravel road but its going to fall a bit short in the technical stuff. So you win then loose.

in the end the concept of one bike does all never works.. its why we have 3 bike garages. If we have a one bike garage the bike we have will lean more towards 80% of the riding.

I'm rubbing my hands at the 300l coming out, I just hope it impresses me more than the 250 Rally.

Offline Challa

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2020, 01:15:54 pm »
Is it arriving on local shores before the T7 ? :pot:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Grey hound
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2020, 01:18:34 pm »
Ba ha no.. the T7 is already here, this should be out next year, probably late next year.. I'm awaiting on more info from Honda SA, at this time all i know is that its on the cards for a release.

Once I have the info I need Ill post it here , it should be interesting. I'm keen to see how it holds up against the 250X and the 250L.

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2020, 05:34:30 pm »
Ba ha no.. the T7 is already here, this should be out next year, probably late next year.. I'm awaiting on more info from Honda SA, at this time all i know is that its on the cards for a release.

Once I have the info I need Ill post it here , it should be interesting. I'm keen to see how it holds up against the 250X and the 250L.
let us know, keen on the 300L
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline teebag

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 03:31:32 pm »
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline teebag

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2020, 03:36:32 pm »
I think those press pack pics are of the US model, the indicators are not LED either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 11:58:55 am »
 :sip: 
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.