Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Work CAN be fun! Trying to fit a 'Bagger' into our Fitment Center, or not...!  (Read 362 times)

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33°54.712 E018°28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
Yesterday we needed to fit some Wunderlich parts we ordered in for a customers BMW K1600 'Bagger' to his (beautiful) bike, but we felt the bike was too large to fit through the doorway of our fitment center,

...so we ended up doing the work on a carpet - much crawling around UNDER the Beast! - at the entrance to our store,

... a fun project - we had to REMOVE some R16,000 accessory foot plates to be able to fit the crash bars, and we also fitted pannier box crash bars - a first for us, too!

...customer will now get foot plate re-location brackets fabbed up to allow him to re-fit them, since they SHARED mounting points with the crash bars, so a plan needs to be made.

It's lekker when a bike - Bagger, Scooter, Café Racer comes along for something - a pleasant break for fitting adventure stuff!

Cheers
Chris & Team
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 08:49:19 am by zebra - Flying Brick »
bike@flyingbrick.co.za CHRISTOPER L 021 510 6455  service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455
sales@flyingbrick.co.za ANDRE 021 510 6455
orders@flyingbrick.co.za WERNER 021 510 6455
info@flyingbrick.co.za CHRIS G

Offline Franky3

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
I have seen some of these delivery scooters with crash bars. Kinda looks cool if done right. My wife thinks I'm stupid but I think my scooter needs a set.

You guys did an awesome job. Well done.

The following users thanked this post: zebra - Flying Brick

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33°54.712 E018°28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]

Quote from: Franky3 on Today at 10:18:43 am>I have seen some of these delivery scooters with crash bars.
Kinda looks cool if done right. My wife thinks I'm stupid but I think my scooter needs a set.

You guys did an awesome job. Well done.

Thanks, yes, we recently fitted 5 Scooter's each for a 2x big fast-food group; the crash bars that 'rings' the whole scooter - it reminds me of a Bumper Car, but given the HARD life of commercial (delivery) scooters, it makes sense!
Cheers
Chris & Team

bike@flyingbrick.co.za CHRISTOPER L 021 510 6455  service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455
sales@flyingbrick.co.za ANDRE 021 510 6455
orders@flyingbrick.co.za WERNER 021 510 6455
info@flyingbrick.co.za CHRIS G

Offline Franky3

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
That's the one yes. I love it.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
I'm not a BMW fan by any stretch of the imagination but that can park in my garage any day.. what a beaut   :thumleft:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

The following users thanked this post: zebra - Flying Brick