Zingela Treat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
So last week I was in a state of huge mixed emotions.

I had organized 7 friends for 2 days of riding in Lesotho. permission to access the pass up into Sehlabathebe had been obtained, accommodation booked and paid for, bikes prepped and all the tracks prepared and loaded.

Unfortunately the weather was not playing it's part. heavy rains were predicted over Southern Lesotho for the whole weekend, and Lesotho river crossings and passes are no fun in the wet, so after delaying the decision as to do the trip or not to the last minute, we reluctantly decided to cancel and postpone.

This left me in need of some biking therapy to cheer me up, so I asked if any of the KZN crew of the Lesotho trip were keen to join me on a ride out to Zingela Lodge on the Tugela river.

Greg Carey and Husky were all keen, so after an early start on Sunday morning we met up at Karkloof polo club and were on the bikes by 07h00.

I wanted an early start, as I know from experience that it gets fiendishly hot in the Tugela valley, so I was hoping to miss the worst of the mid day heat.

Carey, Greg and I were on our newly acquired KTM 350, 450 and 500 exc's, while Husky was on his faithful 525.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg