2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sport - To buy Y/N

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PieterKLR650

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure S
So….my ass is itching for something with a little more excitement especially when it comes to not having to feel to concerned about handling should you go off the tar for a little bit of dirt(nothing major)

Currently on a 2014 new shape VStrom 1000, not a day’s issues to date even though just over 2 years ownership but now have my eyes on a 2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sport. Just over 4000k’s done, lots of extra’s. MT & not DCT

Am I buying into another bike that can be expensive to maintain in the long run?

Durability of these bikes in comparison to similar adventure bikes….

What surprises me is that you don’t see so many of them on sale….mmm…makes you wonder….do people keep them cause they cannot sell them/don’t want to sell them or are they just not big sellers?

And anything to perhaps look out for on such a bike?

Main purpose would be to do long distance trips with the wife BUT if the tar ends and dirt road leads to your destination or a nice place is off the tar…then I want to know that my bike can handle the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk