Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Motocross sidecar  (Read 663 times)

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: Motocross sidecar
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2020, 04:42:48 pm »
Going back many years, but I built a Triumph Trident with a 'factory' frame which had no number. Getting registered as a new road bike was no great problem but the frame number - which I devised and included my initials - had to be stamped into the metal of the frame. A riveted on plate was not acceptable.

Probably bears no relevance to today's regulations in South Africa.  ::)

Any frame/chassis number has to be stamped into the metal of the main component, iow not the subframe.  A metalplate with the number is allowed, but only in addition to the frame-stamped number.

The following users thanked this post: Oggy

Offline Oggy

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2020, 05:46:47 pm »
I am catching tips!!! ;) :peepwall: :lol8:
I see not all the sidecars are on the same side? Is there a rule  or can you fit it were you like it best?

They use the RH chair in mainland Europe etc, but Brits n Australia n maybe others use a LH chair.

Offline Oggy

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2020, 05:51:19 pm »
Quote from: jaybiker link=topic=253628.msg4557784#msg4557784
date=1606833221
Going back many years, but I built a Triumph Trident with a 'factory' frame which had no number. Getting registered as a new road bike was no great problem but the frame number - which I devised and included my initials - had to be stamped into the metal of the frame. A riveted on plate was not acceptable.

Probably bears no relevance to today's regulations in South Africa.  ::)

Any frame/chassis number has to be stamped into the metal of the main component, iow not the subframe.  A metalplate with the number is allowed, but only in addition to the frame-stamped number.
I better get busy with the stamp set then, plus a plate perhaps?
What frame did you use, a Rob North race replica or something? My brother used to race a Trident Triton, sounded fabulous, my friend has a Rob North Rocket 3, it's pretty cool...

Online Mev Vis Arend

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2020, 07:13:22 pm »
I am catching tips!!! ;) :peepwall: :lol8:
I see not all the sidecars are on the same side? Is there a rule  or can you fit it were you like it best?

Gaan jy ry dan hang ek?   :o :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:
Honda XR250 - Given to daughter.  BMW 1200 GSA met Karretjie  -  Suzuki 125 Scoota with a KTM topbox - sold.  Honda CRF 250 L