Bikeless in Benoni

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
So in the early hours of 24th Nov 2020 , my beloved 2015 K51 , R1200GSA , full house ,was stolen from a domestic residence in Benoni.
Deeply bummed & negative about what happened.
I had just moved into my new premises, a little garden flat in a domestic, residential area in Rynfield , Benoni.
There is a double garage door, which opens into an sort of entertainment area & is all under roof & connected to the house.
The rear of the double garage/entertainment area has "canvas sails", with transparent windows & can roll up after the zips have been unzipped/opened.

Well at around 05:30 the owner of the house banged on the rear door to wake me up, telling me that my bike has gone !!
I awoke , but stumbled around as if i was in a bad dream, the bike was indeed missing.
I called the SAPS,s who said that they would dispatch the patrol van.
I called my employer to tell them that i would be late to work , due to what had happened.
I called the insurers & advised them of my predicament.
I found out from the house owner that there is a CCTV system at the house & managed to get the footage copied to a hard drive.
On watching the CCTV footage, these two young black thugs were as arrogant as anything, they spent more than an hour in the yard of this property, during which time they managed to put the clutch on the from sliding gate in order that they could open it at will.
They then went back to the bike & pushed it through the side gate, through the garden shrubbery, around the bakkie that was parked against the wall outside, across the front lawn & out the sliding gate onto the street.
Nothing else was taken, & the interesting thing is that where the bike was parked it was not even visible from the street, meaning (in my opinion) that the information must have been given from within the property.
When i was moving in the prior weekend the owners were busy having a pool installed, & the workers were busy digging the hole.
The strangest thing is that neither me nor the house owner woke up ? Neither did the two little "stoepkakkers" doggies that live there.
I still can't believe that i didn't hear them at all.

Anyhow so now i have to wait on the Insurance to finish their investigation, hopefully pay me out what the bike was worth, although i know that i am going to lose out, as one normally does.
They have appointed a loss adjuster who has required certain documents etc that i have supplied.
Any ways , thought that I would post this to hear what other members thoughts were & see if any other guys have been through something similar.

Mods if this is in the wrong section, then please feel free to move it.