How to convince others to get a DS bike......??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leon H

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi all,

Living in a sports bike town, I have trouble convincing any of my mates to get with the strength and get a DS bike :( . I've tried it all, showing them photos of how much fun I have in the bush, going on about all the additional places I can ride around here compared to the 2 sports bike roads in Townsville, even anhilating them on road and racetrack with the GS (there is something hilarious about a dude in MX gear with panniers, camping gear and mud rounding up a wannabes on R1s in the mountains :D ). But it still don't work.

But I must have gotten through to someone - 2 of the dudes who pit up next to me in the NQ road race series are looking at R1200GS's. I've let them ride mine and they have been listening to my excited stories a few times a month at the track. I think what has them tipped over the edge was when I said that riding a heavy, shaft drive with not much grip in the dirt is excellent training for sliding a road race bike around.... 8)

So now these 2 guys, who I used to ride with all the time when I had a sports bike, are oh so close to stumping out the cash on some GS's. How can I finally convince them to get with the DS crowd and change the way they feel about riding forever?????? :?:

Leon