Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: IndoChina Piece of Monkey Shit 790 Strikes Again  (Read 8873 times)

big oil, Spectaitor and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: IndoChina Piece of Monkey Shit 790 Strikes Again
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2021, 11:11:42 am »
Then, social media rants, there is always the Jacques Pauw phenomenon.

Pffftt! Plaas hy eerder kos bestel by `n McDonalds drive thru, en net weg jaag sonder om te betaal.... :peepwall:

Ek het eerder na die phenomeen van ernstig aandik verwys.

Nee broer, ek is heeltemal met jou. Spot sommer.

Ek was bekommerd oor jou.  Gedink jy dink mens kan Tequila by McDs koop!   >:D
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2021, 11:23:19 am »
Then, social media rants, there is always the Jacques Pauw phenomenon.

Pffftt! Plaas hy eerder kos bestel by `n McDonalds drive thru, en net weg jaag sonder om te betaal.... :peepwall:

Ek het eerder na die phenomeen van ernstig aandik verwys.

Nee broer, ek is heeltemal met jou. Spot sommer.

Ek was bekommerd oor jou.  Gedink jy dink mens kan Tequila by McDs koop!   >:D

Nee jy moet jou eie saam vat, vra net vir `n skyfie suurlemoen by die venster... :patch:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline chicco

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Never give up.
« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2021, 06:47:39 pm »
This should settle it, with facts.....

KTM is k@K ...But not as K@k as BMW.... :imaposer:

KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2021, 07:12:52 pm »

I sold his wife, Tanya, that little MR.

Online RedWolf

« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2021, 08:19:13 pm »
I loved the concept from the first launch pics of the 790 and thought I will buy one. Well life happened and I was looking for something unique and bought a Triumph Scrambler 1200XE. With the release of the 890 I thought of selling the Triumph and buying a 890R. I had a few KTMís in the past and enjoyed the performance and offroad capabilities. Well, it seems I will rather wait another year or two to see if KTM sort out the 890R. The first 690Rís had major electrical issues, but with time it evolved into a very nice bike. Unfortunately, KTM seem to have teething issues on new models and I really donít like being a part of their reliabilty study. I do however think that once their bikes are sorted, there are really nothing else to compare it to in terms of smiles per miles.

pics of said Triumph? DO you have a thread on it somewhere? Those are game changers, a scrambler with proper suspension
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

The following users thanked this post: BullSmit

Online RedWolf

« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2021, 08:23:15 pm »
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline Saddle Up

« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2021, 08:44:18 pm »

Die man gorrel Oros
n Skaap is nie n scrambler

Offline Fransw

« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2021, 08:58:07 pm »
So wat is die verdict nou, is die 890 ook k@k?  :thumleft:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2021, 09:37:11 pm »
So wat is die verdict nou, is die 890 ook k@k?  :thumleft:

Is dit n nuwe bike?

Online m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2021, 08:17:55 am »
I loved the concept from the first launch pics of the 790 and thought I will buy one. Well life happened and I was looking for something unique and bought a Triumph Scrambler 1200XE. With the release of the 890 I thought of selling the Triumph and buying a 890R. I had a few KTMís in the past and enjoyed the performance and offroad capabilities. Well, it seems I will rather wait another year or two to see if KTM sort out the 890R. The first 690Rís had major electrical issues, but with time it evolved into a very nice bike. Unfortunately, KTM seem to have teething issues on new models and I really donít like being a part of their reliabilty study. I do however think that once their bikes are sorted, there are really nothing else to compare it to in terms of smiles per miles.

pics of said Triumph? DO you have a thread on it somewhere? Those are game changers, a scrambler with proper suspension

that looks very nice.
Dont you want to put a thread up on it? Write a review?
Except for crash protection, this bike seems to be pretty well suited for technical riding. That is a proper suspension on it and seat height is low.  There is a guy doing bike revies on youtube which does rally's with his. And doing well at it.

ktm bashers may carry on now, entertain yourself
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Online big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2021, 08:39:25 am »
"ktm bashers" is misleading.

This thread is not intended to bash KTM motorcycles.  There's no doubt, according to data collected by such entities as Consumer Reports, KTM as a company is still quite a ways from Japanese reliability, and still behind Indian and Harley Davidson.

With the exception of the 790 and TPi 2-stroke long term reliability, KTM makes some damn good and fun motorcycles to ride.  Pre TPi 2-strokes and 4-stroke KTM dirt bikes from around 2000 on have a stellar reputation for being robust. 

The following users thanked this post: Bikerboer1973

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2021, 08:43:42 am »
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Online big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2021, 01:37:13 pm »
Typical 790 experience; months in the repair shop waiting on parts.

I donít think thereís a bigger piece of junk sold today.

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2021, 03:44:30 pm »
Well done for posting pics of the Triumph on a KTM thread, because it illustrates strikingly where everything has gone wrong.

Doesn't that Triumph just look so simply RIGHT? The way a motorbike used to look, and still should look. The headlamp. A simple single round lens not some stylist wanker's wet dream.

Compared to it everything else just looks stupid.  :patch: :deal:
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

2021 a milestone. 60 years a biker.

Offline Gee S

« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2021, 04:02:30 pm »
Typical 790 experience; months in the repair shop waiting on parts.

I donít think thereís a bigger piece of junk sold today.

I think all the "KAK" with the US bikes are caused by the out dated filament bulbs(globes) in their indicators  >:D >:D Here in SA we get modern LED indicators and we have very few bikes with any major issues :pot:
All that wander are not lost

Online RedWolf

« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2021, 06:41:44 pm »
Well done for posting pics of the Triumph on a KTM thread, because it illustrates strikingly where everything has gone wrong.

Doesn't that Triumph just look so simply RIGHT? The way a motorbike used to look, and still should look. The headlamp. A simple single round lens not some stylist wanker's wet dream.

Thanks

I wouldnít have done that, but was asked for pics. I have owned closed to 40 bikes (or maybe even a little more than 40) and usually sold my bikes after a few months just to get the next best thing. Well, the bike I owned the longest is actually this Triumph. It is just such a pure bike and an aboslute pleasure to ride. I have done a 4500km tour in November and enjoyed it a lot.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2021, 06:46:38 pm »
"First bike I buy new and nothing but problems"

Should have invested 20 years of winning Dakar cost in a quality control section at the factory.

Online m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2021, 08:42:47 am »

Thanks

I wouldnít have done that, but was asked for pics. I have owned closed to 40 bikes (or maybe even a little more than 40) and usually sold my bikes after a few months just to get the next best thing. Well, the bike I owned the longest is actually this Triumph. It is just such a pure bike and an aboslute pleasure to ride. I have done a 4500km tour in November and enjoyed it a lot.

It was I who asked for the photo pics.
The actual KTM riders here dont really have issues and couldnt care less for the thread, and would, (and do) buy the same 790 again if given the choice, for a reason. Which should say a lot to prospective buyers.

anyhow....Redwolf I have more questions for your bike, do a bike review thread please man? There isnt many of those around
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Online big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2021, 09:19:15 am »

Triumph's Scrambler 1200 makes me weak in the knees, from an aesthetics standpoint, I'm not sure it's not the prettiest motorbike sold today.

Online Roadhawg

« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2021, 09:42:07 am »
Can we change the name of this thread to "American bike mechanics are useless and incompetent" because that what it seems to be about. 

Seems if it isn't air cooled with a single pin crank and redline at 3200RPM and have a whopping 45freedom powers, they don't know where to start.

The following users thanked this post: BuRP