Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 3 day ride to Jakarta for Christmas  (Read 429 times)

Offline tifua

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • 2008 R1200GSA (Stolen)
Re: 3 day ride to Jakarta for Christmas
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2020, 07:14:10 pm »
That's aweome, my 60yr old aunt did a 350km roadtrip on a scooter around that area a week ago , something to do with her teaching  dissertation.

awesome. knowing the kind of riding that involves, make sure she joins WD  :)
Love your life. Take pictures of everything. Tell people you love them. Talk to random strangers. Do things you're scared to do. So many of us die without remembering all the little moments. Take your life and make it the best story ever.

Offline Three Dawg

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2020, 11:51:19 pm »
Lush!  What are those small silver wheels under the exhaust for?

Offline tifua

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • 2008 R1200GSA (Stolen)
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2020, 08:05:43 am »
Lush!  What are those small silver wheels under the exhaust for?

Crash bobbins. Helps with rocks and stones, when reversing bike backwards and also bumps from other bikes because of the jammed packed groups of bikes crowded around when in traffic. I actually got bumped in Bandung on them and knocked over against the bike to my left. We all managed to keep our balance and you just carry on. Culture here is that car is automatically at fault regardless if it bumps a bike
Love your life. Take pictures of everything. Tell people you love them. Talk to random strangers. Do things you're scared to do. So many of us die without remembering all the little moments. Take your life and make it the best story ever.