Sehlabathebe Magic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
A couple of times a year I try organize a group of friends to do a ride up into Lesotho. The last one was meant to be in November last year, but persistent heavy rains over Lesotho meant that we had to cancel the trip, as riding in the rain in Lesotho is no-one's idea of fun.

After some consultations about dates for doing this ride again it was decided to leave on the Wednesday, spend a night at the St Bernard's Peak Hotel, spend 2 nights up in Lesotho and then return on Saturday.

I was keeping an eagle eye on the weather reports, which showed heavy rains early in the week leading up to the trip, but clearing by the time we were due to start riding. On the morning of our departure the owner of the lodge called me ans told me it was pouring with rain and had been for the past few days, so maybe we should rethink. I told her thanks, but we were still coming, I really didn't want to cancel again.

So Carel, Dawie and Shaun trailered down from Pretoria on Wednesday afternoon, stopped to pick me up in Howick on the way and we got to St Bernard's Peak near Swartberg at around 20h00, just in time for dinner.

After a leisurely breakfast at the hotel, we got our bikes ready and left at around 08h30 to head up the pass into Lesotho.

All 4 of us were on KTM 500's

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 524
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 525
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 505
  • 004.jpg