Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: ..directions...>125cc bike...  (Read 332 times)

Offline malJohann

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Singer (all models)
..directions...>125cc bike...
« on: December 04, 2008, 03:41:31 pm »
Anyone got directions to Waltloo/Centurion testing station from Benoni? Also, is there somewhere or someone in Benoni that I can hire/lend/steal a >125cc bike from? My Raider is 150cc, but registered as 125cc by the importer, so I'm not sure it will help me qualify for the "A" license instead of the "A1" license.
Don't waste any more time.

Rides:
2005 Suzuki Raider 150

Offline TrailBlazer

• www.a-cut-above.co.za (Laser cutting & Engraving Services)
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
    • A-Cut-Above
Re: ..directions...>125cc bike...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 05:36:47 pm »
M-Johan, when are you doing the test. I have a 200 that may be available to you, and I live in Benoni. Give me a shout if you're interested, on zero 8 3 four four 2-2 six-6-zero, and we can chat about it. By the way, hire price would be a beer or two after you've passed the test.  Cheers
There are old riders, and bold riders, but no old, bold riders.

Do not ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Take only pictures. leave only footprints

Offline LouisXander

• Lesotho (K)night rider.
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Member of the Secret Sazook Society...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 06:01:15 pm »
M-Johan, when are you doing the test. I have a 200 that may be available to you, and I live in Benoni. Give me a shout if you're interested, on zero 8 3 four four 2-2 six-6-zero, and we can chat about it. By the way, hire price would be a beer or two after you've passed the test.  Cheers

Trail blazer, you've opened yourself to a can of worms, or better put, a lot of cases of beer now.  :biggrin: I'm also doing mine on Monday in Krugersdorp, but I'm staying in Elsburg. What do you drink?

I'm hoping also that this contact of mine will get the license back up problem sorted.

I spoke to him a week ago and I got an appointment for the 8th Dec.
Don't dress for the ride,........dress for the fall!

Offline LouisXander

• Lesotho (K)night rider.
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Member of the Secret Sazook Society...
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 06:04:06 pm »
MJ, its easy.You get to the N1 Pietersburg highway. Get off at Stormvoel, turn right, and follow the road until you pass a Blue warehouse on the right. Then you check for a robot on a bridge, it is Petroleum street, turn right and follow that road till you get the testing station on the right, just past the SPCA.

Or take the N4 towards Witbank from PTA, you have to get to PTA, then go left of at Watermeyer street, at the robot, turn left into Watermeyer and follow the road to Petroleum str. There is a Total Garage where you have to turn left in to Petroleum. Testing station on the left then down that road.

Doen jy dit deur Ruben?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 06:09:43 pm by LouisXander »
Don't dress for the ride,........dress for the fall!

Offline malJohann

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Singer (all models)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 10:31:09 am »

I'm not doing it soon, since my DL test was booked after my LL expiry date and they don't give extensions. I'll be sure to contact you in future to take you up on your offer if it's necessary. Thanks a lot.

MJ, its easy.You get to the N1 Pietersburg highway. Get off at Stormvoel, turn right, and follow the road until you pass a Blue warehouse on the right. Then you check for a robot on a bridge, it is Petroleum street, turn right and follow that road till you get the testing station on the right, just past the SPCA.

Or take the N4 towards Witbank from PTA, you have to get to PTA, then go left of at Watermeyer street, at the robot, turn left into Watermeyer and follow the road to Petroleum str. There is a Total Garage where you have to turn left in to Petroleum. Testing station on the left then down that road.

Doen jy dit deur Ruben?

Thanks. It was the wrong testing station though. I got to Waltloo this morning only to be told my confirmation needs to be done at Centurion. I didn't do it through Ruben, although my previous LL was done through him because I didn't know any better. Not dissing Ruben, he provides premium service (at a price though), but check this thread: http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=25540.0
Don't waste any more time.

Rides:
2005 Suzuki Raider 150