Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 52412 times)

Offline Dux

Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #1400 on: August 30, 2021, 08:23:11 am »
You guys are not missing much, just another Yamaha run-away affair. :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm sure you didn't miss who came last, 2nd last and 3rd last?

Or 2nd, 3rd, 4th? :biggrin:  Yamaha has this rich history of building racebikes. Not always the fastest, but always the best handling. To pull a gap like that in a field so competitive, with 6 different brands in the fist 6 places, you need the DNA.

And Fabio......................... you saw where the non-Fabio Yamahas ended up.

DNA = Did Not Arrive  :imaposer:

:imaposer: It's always been this way. Schwantz, Roberts, Gardner, Doohan, Agostini.....single riders overshadowing all on a specific brand.

Fabio is no better a talent than Bagnaia, Marques or Johan Zarco.  He just happen to be on a real handler. Ducati is failing with their dragbike power strategy.

That doesn't explain the last 3 .
My feeling is that Michelin have stuffed up the tyres in a big way , and I think it is just pure luck who gets the good ones , they will finish near the front , of course those that got the duff tyres go backwards . Look at WSBK and Moto 2 , 3 , no tyre issues there , the results are much more consistent with the riders and their bikes abilities , but then again that is Dunlop and Pirelli .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

The following users thanked this post: Tony the Boney

Offline Amsterdam

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #1401 on: August 30, 2021, 11:43:10 am »
I can't log in to MotoGP  :-\

Anyone else having this problem? Keep getting “Gateway timeout”. :xxbah:
You're not the only one, lotsa guys all round the world (including me) bitchin
Yesterday's quali was the same, but it eventually went in. Now I can't even view my profile on their website. Ai toggie.
Mine won't even let me logout, to log back in. Strange timing for virtually the whole world to go down.

Yep I had the same issues but you guys probably already know that as you must have heard me scream and curse from wherever you were.  But the icing on the cake is to then send an email at the end of the day telling you to log out and in again.  And this is not the first weekend when this happens.  Is Dorna also part of the cadre deployment system? I think us retirees must just make the Monday following Raceday the day we sit down in front of the tv to watch the races.
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 890 Rally

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1402 on: August 30, 2021, 11:56:22 am »
Only excitement in Sundays race is when GOAT fell off his bike, Fabios year for sure.
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Online Sheepman

« Reply #1403 on: August 30, 2021, 12:21:10 pm »
Only excitement in Sundays race is when GOAT fell off his bike, Fabios year for sure.

No, when A Espergaro fought Miller back to get Aprilia's first podium since their premium class comeback - that's exciting racing  :thumleft:

The following users thanked this post: RobC, BullSmit

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #1404 on: August 30, 2021, 03:13:30 pm »

No, when A Espergaro fought Miller back to get Aprilia's first podium since their premium class comeback - that's exciting racing  :thumleft:

Agree - was great to see.  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline DR BIG 750

« Reply #1405 on: August 31, 2021, 05:46:32 am »
whose the GOAT
twin shox, twin drum air cooled

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1406 on: August 31, 2021, 07:40:27 am »
whose the GOAT

Rossi is known as the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) - but for some reason 'some' one here wants to apply it to Mickey Mouse - really FFS!

PS. MM = Mickey Mouse
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1407 on: August 31, 2021, 07:45:39 am »
whose the GOAT

Rossi is known as the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) - but for some reason 'some' one here wants to apply it to Mickey Mouse - really FFS!

PS. MM = Mickey Mouse

Look, MM is an undeniable talent, or at least seems to have been :biggrin: and the term "goat" still applies to him too.

But his antics this last season caused him to lose a lot of respect from people.

His move on Martin at Silverstone was just pathetic.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #1408 on: August 31, 2021, 12:16:52 pm »
whose the GOAT

PS. MM = Mickey Mouse

Look, MM is an undeniable talent, or at least seems to have been :biggrin: and the term "goat" still applies to him too.

But his antics this last season caused him to lose a lot of respect from people.

Wow, with you there are now two people worldwide who refers to MM93 as the GOAT!   :lol8:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1409 on: August 31, 2021, 12:20:54 pm »
I am not usually open to conspiracy theories.  In fact, I normally abhore them, like the Spanish Mafia bullshit.  I find myself wondering more and more about the Michilin tyres.  Can they just not build a decent tyre, or do they select the best of a batch to go to a certain Frenchman's pits? 

How do you have rear tyres that last race distance on one Yamaha and fall apart after 10 laps on another?  How do you supply front tyres at MotoGP level that delaminate?  The whole idea of control parts like ECU's, IMU's, brakes, suspensions and tyres to to level the playing field.  If Michelin can't do there part, they need to tsek and let someone else do the job.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1410 on: August 31, 2021, 12:23:23 pm »
You guys are not missing much, just another Yamaha run-away affair. :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm sure you didn't miss who came last, 2nd last and 3rd last?

Or 2nd, 3rd, 4th? :biggrin:  Yamaha has this rich history of building racebikes. Not always the fastest, but always the best handling. To pull a gap like that in a field so competitive, with 6 different brands in the fist 6 places, you need the DNA.

And Fabio......................... you saw where the non-Fabio Yamahas ended up.

DNA = Did Not Arrive  :imaposer:

:imaposer: It's always been this way. Schwantz, Roberts, Gardner, Doohan, Agostini.....single riders overshadowing all on a specific brand.

Fabio is no better a talent than Bagnaia, Marques or Johan Zarco.  He just happen to be on a real handler. Ducati is failing with their dragbike power strategy.

Yet, Yamaha's #1 test rider tells us the Yamaha is unstable and they require development in that area.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1411 on: August 31, 2021, 02:23:36 pm »
I am not usually open to conspiracy theories.  In fact, I normally abhore them, like the Spanish Mafia bullshit.  I find myself wondering more and more about the Michilin tyres.  Can they just not build a decent tyre, or do they select the best of a batch to go to a certain Frenchman's pits? 

How do you have rear tyres that last race distance on one Yamaha and fall apart after 10 laps on another?  How do you supply front tyres at MotoGP level that delaminate?  The whole idea of control parts like ECU's, IMU's, brakes, suspensions and tyres to to level the playing field.  If Michelin can't do there part, they need to tsek and let someone else do the job.

Agree 100% - it is literally wrecking racing at present. Forget the Spanish Mafia this is Russian Roulette!

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1412 on: August 31, 2021, 02:52:26 pm »
Oh no here we go again, Michelin favouring one Frenchman just like ASO sabotaged everyone in the Dakar not from France. And when MM93 wins week in an week out it's the evil Repsol / Dorna connection  ::)
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1413 on: August 31, 2021, 03:01:17 pm »
Oh no here we go again, Michelin favouring one Frenchman just like ASO sabotaged everyone in the Dakar not from France. And when MM93 wins week in an week out it's the evil Repsol / Dorna connection  ::)

You didn't read this bit with comprehension, did you?  ::)

Quote from: TheBear
In fact, I normally abhore them, like the Spanish Mafia bullshit.

Oh wait!  It is the guy who repeatedly refers to MM as The Goat.  No worries, I understand.   :lol8:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1414 on: August 31, 2021, 03:27:40 pm »

Or maybe Fabio's and the Yammie is just a good match like Stoner and the Duc or MM and the RCV  :deal:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 03:28:32 pm by sidetrack »
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1415 on: August 31, 2021, 03:48:53 pm »

Or maybe Fabio's and the Yammie is just a good match like Stoner and the Duc or MM and the RCV  :deal:

Of course.  That is most certainly also a possibility.  I would have thought the previous sentence (underlined for your easy reference) sort of indicates that I am wondering about this, i.e. not presenting it as a fact, cast in concrete. 

My wonderings are more like cast in the soft rubber of a Michelin race tyre, malable, unpredictable and possibly ever changing.   :snorting: 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 03:52:39 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #1416 on: August 31, 2021, 04:20:15 pm »
So Vinales did a 1.33.0 today at Misano on his very first outing on the Aprilia. Last year he was on pole there with a 1.31.4. so not miles off on his getting acquainted day.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
  • The I was like braaaap!
« Reply #1417 on: August 31, 2021, 07:06:06 pm »
So Vinales did a 1.33.0 today at Misano on his very first outing on the Aprilia. Last year he was on pole there with a 1.31.4. so not miles off on his getting acquainted day.

Even though Vinilla's behaved like a tool, would be nice to see Aprilia on the podium more frequently.

Whilst most ladies on here were swinging their handbags in the run up to Silverstone, Lecuona didnt even get a mention around here.  No ride for next year and then 2 solid performances and already 33 championship points in the bag.

Cant wait to see how all the empty seats for next year fills up.
Stroom op!

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1418 on: August 31, 2021, 07:27:36 pm »

Even though Vinilla's behaved like a tool, would be nice to see Aprilia on the podium more frequently.

Whilst most ladies on here were swinging their handbags in the run up to Silverstone, Lecuona didnt even get a mention around here.  No ride for next year and then 2 solid performances and already 33 championship points in the bag.

Cant wait to see how all the empty seats for next year fills up.

Maybe it will also earn him a Dakar buy out booby prize?  ::).  KTM are going to have an ongoing self induced problem of too much young talent coming through and not enough seats ... who will they let go next? You got to believe that BB33 and MO88 already have a best before shelf life - also there will be no more GOATS in MotoGP as no one will be capable of sustaining the present insane intensity and pressure of racing for long, those days are gone.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1419 on: August 31, 2021, 07:46:08 pm »
whose the GOAT

PS. MM = Mickey Mouse

Wow, with you there are now two people worldwide who refers to MM93 as the GOAT!   :lol8:

A goat. One of the greatest of all time.

The real GOAT is of course still Giacomo Agostini.