Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 52484 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #1420 on: September 01, 2021, 02:09:15 pm »
So Vinales did a 1.33.0 today at Misano on his very first outing on the Aprilia. Last year he was on pole there with a 1.31.4. so not miles off on his getting acquainted day.

Even though Vinilla's behaved like a tool, would be nice to see Aprilia on the podium more frequently.

Whilst most ladies on here were swinging their handbags in the run up to Silverstone, Lecuona didnt even get a mention around here.  No ride for next year and then 2 solid performances and already 33 championship points in the bag.

Cant wait to see how all the empty seats for next year fills up.

Ah, young padawan, we all have our various opinions on what is important, or interesting for us.

While at least a few ladies on here is swinging their handbags at Vinales for behaving like a tool, we all somehow forget that he is a darn good rider with the potential to be on the podium every race weekend.  Also, we have no idea what happened in the Yamaha team that frustrated him to such a level.  That said, I personally believe anyone who revs a bike onto the rev limiter for no good reason at all should be condemed to spend a week, in Putfontein, with 2SD debating the good points of BMW motorcycles.

Yes, Lecuona is doing pretty well and 33 points is not to be scoffed at, but I don't really think he deserves a special mention, so my guess is that is why he wasn't mentioned.  Enea Bastianinni has 35 points and he is a rookie.  Jorge Martin is on 64 and he is a rookie who missed something like 3 races this year.  I believe Lecuona is a good rider, above average, but not a MotoGP podium contender.  (I have been wrong in the past, but it is a secret, so nobody knows that).  8)  I have often wondered how he landed up in a MotoGP team.  Does he bring big bucks?  Also, he is, according to rumours anyway, in the running for the 2nd satellite Yamaha seat teaming up with Dovi, leaving our own DB40 without a ride, unless he can find something in Moto2.  Let's hope this rumour is balderdash!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 02:13:33 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
  • The I was like braaaap!
« Reply #1421 on: September 01, 2021, 02:30:31 pm »
FML, not even Mick Mouse deserves to spend time with 2SD in  Putfontein after this weekend.

With that being said, although Lakawana is ahead of VR46 in the championship and does not really deserve a special mention, i just find it interesting that after the news of him being without seat at KTM next year he gets his 2 best results of the season if not GP career.

Stroom op!

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #1422 on: September 01, 2021, 02:46:02 pm »
Just seen on FB Crash page, Vinales to race rest of the 2021 season, Salvadori back to his testing role and possibly a wild card here and there.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1423 on: September 01, 2021, 02:53:36 pm »
FML, not even Mick Mouse deserves to spend time with 2SD in  Putfontein after this weekend.

With that being said, although Lakawana is ahead of VR46 in the championship and does not really deserve a special mention, i just find it interesting that after the news of him being without seat at KTM next year he gets his 2 best results of the season if not GP career.

I suppose when the possibility of being rideless pops up, it really boosts your motivation.  He is a strange one though and I always wonder why he is where he is. 

He spend 3,5 seasons in Moto 2 where he managed one podium (3rd) and one 4th place.  His best was 12th in the championship, after which he moved to MotoGP.  It is not as if there were no better performers for KTM to select from at that time either.  Even during his last year in Moto2, racing for the American Racing Team, KTM supplied him with the same spec bike that Brad Binder had.  Weird.

You are correct, his best in MotoGP was the past two races, 6th and 7th.  His previous best was 9th. 
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
« Reply #1424 on: September 01, 2021, 04:11:34 pm »
Probably another conspiracy theory as to why he ended up in the KTM stable as it still does not make sense unless you isolate his last 2 performances.

Anywhoo, nothing shy of an exciting season this year not to mention next year with all the new riders.  Not sure if its a patriotic feeling or not but surely hope DB gets the hot seat at Yamaha instead of Lakewaan
Stroom op!

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #1425 on: September 01, 2021, 05:23:03 pm »
I guess with Dovi also joining Rossi from Misano, Rossi will hold another record........

Most Team Mates in One Season Award goes to......

If I'm correct, Dovi will be his 5th team mate this year.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1426 on: September 01, 2021, 05:58:36 pm »
If things go well for maverick, like inhis first race or three for Yamaha, it goes REALLY well.

This guy is one of the top talents, but he has a bit of a weak mind, I suspet.

Not long and Aprilia is also doing something wrong.

And everyone knows, you cannot rev an Aprilia like a Yamaha.

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1427 on: September 01, 2021, 06:10:21 pm »
Probably another conspiracy theory as to why he ended up in the KTM stable as it still does not make sense unless you isolate his last 2 performances.

Anywhoo, nothing shy of an exciting season this year not to mention next year with all the new riders.  Not sure if its a patriotic feeling or not but surely hope DB gets the hot seat at Yamaha instead of Lakewaan
Maybe he is related to some KTM HQ illuminati
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
« Reply #1428 on: September 01, 2021, 07:42:00 pm »
After a few brandies its all clear.

Secretly someone should secretly swop BB33 and Fabio's tyres just before the race and we see how things turn out?  Solid plan me thinks :lol8:
Stroom op!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1429 on: September 01, 2021, 10:29:25 pm »
After a few brandies its all clear.

Secretly someone should secretly swop BB33 and Fabio's tyres just before the race and we see how things turn out?  Solid plan me thinks :lol8:

You want Brad to crash? :pot:

Offline Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
« Reply #1430 on: September 02, 2021, 08:36:43 am »
Should either use my reading glasses or stay away from the forum after a couple.

Anyhow, keen to see how the tyre drama unfolds and what it will bring for next season.  As mentioned before the whole aspect around standardizing goes hand in hand with QM from the supplier.
Stroom op!

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #1431 on: September 02, 2021, 09:34:40 am »
Rumours going around that Dixon has signed up for moto2 again next year putting him out of the running for the Yamaha seat.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #1432 on: September 02, 2021, 11:46:04 am »
Rumours going around that Dixon has signed up for moto2 again next year putting him out of the running for the Yamaha seat.

Best place for the Pom imho  ::)
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1433 on: September 02, 2021, 12:09:09 pm »
I guess with Dovi also joining Rossi from Misano, Rossi will hold another record........

Most Team Mates in One Season Award goes to......

If I'm correct, Dovi will be his 5th team mate this year.

Yep.  Definitely yet another proud record for VR46.  Most team mates in one season.  :biggrin:

1.  Morbidelli
2.  Gerloff
3.  Crutchlow
4.  Dixon
5.  Dovi (still to ride).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 12:09:34 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1434 on: September 02, 2021, 12:12:03 pm »
So, Petronas SRT and the coming race at Aragon.

Dixon on Morbidelli's MotoGP bike again.
McPhee on Dixon's Moto2 bike.
Syarifuddin Azman Damok (currently race in European Junior Moto3), i.e. some dude from somewhere, rather unknown on McPhee's Moto3 bike.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 12:17:11 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1435 on: September 04, 2021, 11:10:10 am »

Rumours galore!  I so wish they would make their announcements now.  Sheez!

So .... rumour have it:

- that Dixon has signed with the ElfMarcVDS Moto2 team to partner Sam Lowes as their rider, Augusto Fernandez, not to be confused with the Aki Ajo KTM rider Raul Fernandez (who is leaving for Tech3KTM in MotoGP), will replace said Raul Fernandez at Aki Ajo KTM.

- that Factory Yamaha would prefer Dixon on the satellite MotoGP bike, rather than Darryn.  So much so that they have undertaken to pay Dixon's salary if the satellite team sign him.  The rumour does not say if Yamaha is willing to buy Darryn out of his contract. (More rumour on that lower down).

- that the new Yamaha satellite team will be the WithU Yamaha Racing team with new title sponsor, WithU.

- that above mention WithU loves DB40 and will only come on board, of DB40 is on one of the bikes.

- that Darryn's shrewdly signed his initial deal to read, one year in Moto3 and then promotion to a higher class. It did not neccesarily specify Moto2.  This means, if no promotion he would have to be paid out of his contract.  It is not clear if Yamaha is willing to do this.

My personal take.  Satellite teams should not sell their souls via these " we will pay the rider's salary" malarky.  It will, guarenteed, jump up and bite you as we have seen how Yamaha, Honda and KTM move riders around to suit the factory team and bedamn the poor satellite team who can't stop it, as the rider basically works for the factory team.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #1436 on: September 05, 2021, 08:51:59 am »
https://www.visordown.com/

The ‘f**k it’ mentality that hauled Scott Redding back into WorldSBK contention
The financial - and personal - cost of losing a MotoGP ride mid-season
While Vinales had spoken of a calmness in his decision to leave Yamaha at the end of the 2021, walking away from a 2022 Yamaha deal alone would have cost him €10m.

Of course money isn’t everything but Vinales might need some adjusting to a life without a regular wage rolling in.

We aren’t privy to the finer details of the termination, which might have included a ‘redundancy’ of sorts, but if Yamaha felt compelled to do so on the grounds of ‘negligence’ then it would have grounds for turning off the taps immediately.

If so, then another estimated €6.5m will slip through his fingers, even before you consider the bonuses for podiums and wins, plus whatever would come from potentially winning the constructors’ standings.

While Vinales does have a deal for 2022 with Aprilia, he can expect a significant pay cut to around €1m, possibly less given the manufacturer would know he had few other options for next season. Then there are personal sponsors (Monster, Alpinestars) who might think twice about renewing as well.

Even so, while Aprilia was quick to soften the run of bad headlines for Vinales by confirming him for next season directly after the Austrian MotoGP weekend, Speedweek is reporting there has been something of a backlash against the Spaniard and his reputation has really suffered.

Indeed, Vinales was lucky not to have been cast adrift from the paddock altogether because if the engine had blown as a result of his action, it would have spewed oil on track and created a particularly dangerous situation for leaders coming around behind him.

Even worse, he was still hitting the limiter in the pit lane, where marshals and personnel are congregating… one only has to imagine the implications of a worst case scenario there.

However, as one insider put it, the fact Vinales didn’t blow the engine is a combination of luck and his own incompetence, commenting: “Maverick's ineptitude culminated in the fact that he wasn't even able to ruin an engine in the race a week ago…”

Ouch. I mean thank goodness… but still ouch.
When life gets to hard to stand. kneel

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #1437 on: September 05, 2021, 09:42:16 am »
This is so meh now. Visor Down recently is generating some really poor motor journalism.

Moving on.

We have not seen the last of a very talented rider. If the sport can forgive and forget the seriously twat move by Fenati that could have banned him for life then this is a minor fall from grace. We do not know the full story and may never. His brain fart, his career, his ride, his remuneration ... and yes his decision and seems happy to live with it.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

The following users thanked this post: husky

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1438 on: September 05, 2021, 06:27:40 pm »
This is so meh now. Visor Down recently is generating some really poor motor journalism.

Moving on.

We have not seen the last of a very talented rider. If the sport can forgive and forget the seriously twat move by Fenati that could have banned him for life then this is a minor fall from grace. We do not know the full story and may never. His brain fart, his career, his ride, his remuneration ... and yes his decision and seems happy to live with it.

Fully agreed.  For many years MV entertained us all with some great racing, including a Moto 3 championship.  One brain fart and some is sentencing him to death, or worse.  There is way more to the story that we know and, like you said, one brain fart does not make him any less of a bloody good rider. 

I am not at all sure that all is moon shine and roses at Yamaha Factory.  I mean,Hervé Poncharal took his whole team and buggered of as satellite Yamaha team to become the satellite team for KTM.  He was just overly gatvol with having no control over his riders and not getting any decent bikes from Yamaha.  As I have said before, it is a cut throat business, not a Sunday School picnic.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 06:30:57 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: husky

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1439 on: September 05, 2021, 07:48:04 pm »

Moving on.

Fully agreed.  For many years MV entertained us all with some great racing, including a Moto 3 championship.  One brain fart and some is sentencing him to death, or worse.  There is way more to the story that we know and, like you said, one brain fart does not make him any less of a bloody good rider. 

I am not at all sure that all is moon shine and roses at Yamaha Factory.  I mean,Hervé Poncharal took his whole team and buggered of as satellite Yamaha team to become the satellite team for KTM.  He was just overly gatvol with having no control over his riders and not getting any decent bikes from Yamaha.  As I have said before, it is a cut throat business, not a Sunday School picnic.

And all that ultimately matters is the manufacturer's title at the end of the year. Rightly so, as this is why they race.