Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 52554 times)

Online sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #1540 on: September 23, 2021, 11:37:06 am »
You have to be the best of the best to tame a Honda. Doohan, Gardner, Rossi, Marquez
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Online KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #1541 on: September 23, 2021, 01:58:34 pm »
You have to be the best of the best to tame a Honda. Doohan, Gardner, Rossi, Marquez

correct - and i truly believe BB is the right guy for the job

Offline RobD

« Reply #1542 on: September 23, 2021, 07:14:30 pm »

You and a few others.... he was approached for the ride Pol has but contracts put paid to that.....

Honda believe his riding style is much like that of #93 and therefore the interest.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1543 on: September 23, 2021, 09:49:48 pm »
The only chance BB has of ever being world champ is to get a Yamaha ride.

Such a pity he could not get Vinhales' bike.

Online KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #1544 on: September 24, 2021, 08:59:35 am »

You and a few others.... he was approached for the ride Pol has but contracts put paid to that.....

Honda believe his riding style is much like that of #93 and therefore the interest.

I always thought so too :thumleft:

Offline Bappas

« Reply #1545 on: September 25, 2021, 10:41:09 am »

Interesting I really hope for the best for him and Darren But the best thing for him would be to get off that P.O.S. KTM
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

The following users thanked this post: KiLRoy

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #1546 on: September 25, 2021, 11:09:20 am »

I never knew that.  Do you have more information?
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1547 on: September 25, 2021, 11:17:14 am »
The Moto3 and Moto2 teams for 2022 has been signed, sealed, delivered and announced by Dorna.  There will be 15 teams each in Moto3 and Moto2.  There are some interesting changes.

Moto3:

It seems VR46 and Sky have parted ways after some years of collaborration.  We now see a new team, the Avintia VR46 Moto3 team.  This is interesting because VR46 bought the Avintia MotoGP team to get their 2 spots on the grid.  The rest of the Moto3 teams a pretty much the same, except for the Petronas team being replaced by the Vision Track team.

Moto2:

The news here is again the VR46 Sky split, but most interesting is that there will now be two VR46 teams. 

- Armaco VR46 team:  This surely means the Aramco sponsorship, which has been doubtful according to the media and social media, did come off.
- Yamaha VR46 Mastercamp team:  Very interesting one.  Now we will see (with 2SD barfing on his braaibroodjies) the Yamaha nam and logo on a bike with zero Yamaha parts.  We know the KTM thing already had him gagging!   :lol8:

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/988169/1/15-teams-each-2022-moto2-and-moto3-world-championships
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: blockheadxl650v

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #1548 on: September 25, 2021, 05:27:26 pm »
and WTF is Darren riding next year??? The stress is starting to get to me.

Online sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1549 on: September 25, 2021, 06:54:20 pm »
Feel sorry for the rest of the field when the 2022 RCV comes on song with MM on board  :ricky:
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Dux

« Reply #1550 on: September 26, 2021, 08:52:34 am »
All the brands go through good and bad patches , it is part of the learning curve , some changes work while others don't , at the moment the Ducati seems to be the best package for a variety of riders , the rest are up and down busy finding their feet with some riders doing well and others not , it is a continual leapfrog amongst the manufacturers .
Honda look to be getting there as is Suzuki., Yamaha looks to be good for Fabulous on a good day but disastrous for the rest , KTM are also getting there , and I am sure that when they do then BB will be up front a lot more regular basis . I am also certain could be a more successful if they have a satellite team to help with feedback in development , that is probably Ducati's trump card at the moment , although Thriller must be pissed off to have been beaten by a 2018 bike .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Online sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1551 on: September 26, 2021, 11:49:03 am »
All the brands go through good and bad patches , it is part of the learning curve , some changes work while others don't , at the moment the Ducati seems to be the best package for a variety of riders , the rest are up and down busy finding their feet with some riders doing well and others not , it is a continual leapfrog amongst the manufacturers .
Honda look to be getting there as is Suzuki., Yamaha looks to be good for Fabulous on a good day but disastrous for the rest , KTM are also getting there , and I am sure that when they do then BB will be up front a lot more regular basis . I am also certain could be a more successful if they have a satellite team to help with feedback in development , that is probably Ducati's trump card at the moment , although Thriller must be pissed off to have been beaten by a 2018 bike .
Thriller Vanilla  is being beaten by his team mate on a regular basis
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #1552 on: September 26, 2021, 05:41:06 pm »
Shame I see Vinales cousin passed away after an accident on track, very young chap. 17 I think.

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #1553 on: September 26, 2021, 06:22:21 pm »
Shame I see Vinales cousin passed away after an accident on track, very young chap. 17 I think.
15 years old. :'( SBK300 class rookie for 2021.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1554 on: September 26, 2021, 08:14:22 pm »

Look, only one machine from any brand can be champion, not more. The Ducatis look good, but the Yamaha is far ahead in this year's title chase. Even though all the other Yamaha's may be behind, only

the winning bike matters.

Offline Dux

« Reply #1555 on: September 26, 2021, 08:53:12 pm »
Sure , but if you take Fabulous out of the equation they wouldn't be doing well at all , what I am saying is that by having a more user friendly bike you have more potential chances of being number 1 . For years it was the Honda but they don't feature that well at the moment , maybe next year's bike will be a winner , maybe it is the Aprilia , who knows . I do not have a favourite brand , I have had most brands over the years and I currently have one of each of the Japanese brands as well as a Triumph , but I do support BB and DB , irrespective what brand they are on .
My idea of a perfect championship is to have a group of riders on different bikes passing and repassing each other the whole race , with the winner only decided on the last lap , and the championship decided in the last race , now that would be good exciting racing .
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 09:04:08 pm by Dux »
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1556 on: September 27, 2021, 10:34:52 am »

The longer we wait for the announcement, the worst it gets for DB40, I think.  The ex-Petronas team have announced their new name, one of their riders, support from Yamaha, but not the main sponsor and 2nd rider.  This is a bit of a worry.  Also, the Toprak to MotoGP rumour is rearing its head again and if he goes, it must be the ex-Petronas team and bang, DB40 withou that ride.

One can only hope they have some back up ride in Moto2 with a competitive team, but seats in the competitive teams are pretty much taken.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1557 on: September 27, 2021, 10:39:29 am »

Only 15 and he is the third youngster to pass away after a crash in the small class this year.  14-year-old Hugo Millan died after crashing at a race in Alcaniz, Spain in July during a European Talent Cup race.  Jason Dupasquier, 19, died in May from injuries he sustained in a three-bike crash during a qualifying session at the Mugello circuit in Italy.

They will have to relook grid sizes.  42 on the grid is too many.  30 is already pushing it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 10:50:54 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1558 on: September 27, 2021, 10:47:40 am »

KTM does have a satellite team in the Tech3 team and they are working very closely together as well.  KTM and Ducati are currently the only manufacturers who is supplying two factory bikes to their satellite teams.

To be fair on Miller, the Ducati that Bastianinni is riding is not that far behind.  It is a 2019 Spec bike and there was a development freeze for 2020 and 2021.  That said, he did ride an amazing race this past weekend and I would hate to take anything away from the man, as he is a great rider, but one swallow doesn't make a summer.  He is 15th in the championship.  Miller is 5th.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 10:51:57 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #1559 on: September 28, 2021, 09:05:50 am »

The longer we wait for the announcement, the worst it gets for DB40, I think.  The ex-Petronas team have announced their new name, one of their riders, support from Yamaha, but not the main sponsor and 2nd rider.  This is a bit of a worry.  Also, the Toprak to MotoGP rumour is rearing its head again and if he goes, it must be the ex-Petronas team and bang, DB40 withou that ride.

One can only hope they have some back up ride in Moto2 with a competitive team, but seats in the competitive teams are pretty much taken.

There is a rumour running around at the moment that Dixon will return BSB and Darren will get the MotoGP ride.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM