Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 52419 times)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #1580 on: October 04, 2021, 02:31:55 pm »
Am I correct in saying FB is champion seeing there is only 2 rounds left and he has a 50+ point lead ?
Not yet, 3 rounds left.
Ok google error

Quartararo could be champion next race. On a bike Vinhales decribes as "shit".

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #1581 on: October 04, 2021, 02:38:39 pm »
Its a disaster, the master was in plaster... >:D

Offline Bappas

« Reply #1582 on: October 04, 2021, 02:45:51 pm »
Am I correct in saying FB is champion seeing there is only 2 rounds left and he has a 50+ point lead ?
Not yet, 3 rounds left.
Ok google error

Just like nobody else can ride the MM93 bike think both are very good in the right hands! Unlike the KTM that seems like a dog in anybody s hands

"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1583 on: October 04, 2021, 05:11:42 pm »
Cross Plane Dovi getting better with each session but I think his best days are behind him as well.
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #1584 on: October 04, 2021, 08:47:24 pm »
That 5 lap Moto3 race was always going to be interesting but man, that was close to proper disaster.  Poor DB40, that guy can't get a break.  With this decision at least the stewards didn't have to invent a reason for demoting him a few places to get him off the podium.

And what has happened to Miguel Oliveira?  He was going like the clappers for a few races and now he is one of the also rans.  And while I am asking questions, what about Franco Morbidelli?  Maybe Maverick was right and the 2nd bike in the factory team is a piece of shite.

Oh no!  Not another "the FIM Stewards have it in for Darryn" oracle!  What a pot of crock!

Miguel:  Not sure what happened, except that he got married and are expecting a baby.
Franky:  Not yet fully recovered from his injury.
Yamaha:  Making the same error Honda did with MM93.  They have a front runner and that is where all their effort is going.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1585 on: October 04, 2021, 08:49:33 pm »
Not yet, 3 rounds left.
Ok google error

Jawellnofine.  We saw MM93 be a champion on a bike that many other riders called shit and you didn't seem to disagree with that.  Anyway, you are a clever chap and know as well as you know the colour of your undies, that a bike can be great for one and shit for another.   
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1586 on: October 04, 2021, 10:31:50 pm »
Not yet, 3 rounds left.
Ok google error

Jawellnofine.  We saw MM93 be a champion on a bike that many other riders called shit and you didn't seem to disagree with that.  Anyway, you are a clever chap and know as well as you know the colour of your undies, that a bike can be great for one and shit for another.

In any team, you have to beat your team mate first, then the rest. No one can beat MM or FQ in their respective teams, and in fact, they are just head and shoulders above the others.

If MV pulled his finger out of his arse, instead of whining about things, he'd be where FQ is now.

What rubbish to say that a team is concentrating on only one of two factory bikes, and on only one of two riders, both being paid a shitload. If the second factory riders cannot make it, the team is limited to

what they can do to drag him across the finish line kicking and screaming.

Anyway, it has always been so that whatever bike wins the year's rider's title, is seen as champion in the manufacturer's title chase as well by Joe public.

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #1587 on: October 05, 2021, 08:18:39 am »
Julle moet julle so lank regmaak vir `n uiters beskeie 2SD wanneer Yamaha die titel vanjaar vat.
Daar sal geen woord gerep word hoe manjifiek Yamaha is nie...... :lol8:
Sien al uit na 2022 seisoen, MM93 lyk asof hy wil begin groot raak, en die Ducati`s is besig om vorentoe te gaan,  as jy praat van hantering.
Suzuki en KTM....hierdie jaar dink ek het meeste mense bietjie meer van hulle verwag...
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1588 on: October 05, 2021, 10:59:59 am »
Not yet, 3 rounds left.
Ok google error

In any team, you have to beat your team mate first, then the rest. No one can beat MM or FQ in their respective teams, and in fact, they are just head and shoulders above the others.

If MV pulled his finger out of his arse, instead of whining about things, he'd be where FQ is now.

What rubbish to say that a team is concentrating on only one of two factory bikes, and on only one of two riders, both being paid a shitload. If the second factory riders cannot make it, the team is limited to

Anyway, it has always been so that whatever bike wins the year's rider's title, is seen as champion in the manufacturer's title chase as well by Joe public.

I don't think it is rubbish to suggest that a team would concentrate more on one rider than another.  It happens all the time, especially when one is drawing ahead of the other in the championships.  Also, Joe Public, especially those consisting of the biker's and bike buyers group, isn't as stupid as you suggest.  Most of us know and understand there is a riders, manufacturer's and team championship. 
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1589 on: October 05, 2021, 11:04:44 am »
Julle moet julle so lank regmaak vir `n uiters beskeie 2SD wanneer Yamaha die titel vanjaar vat.
Sien al uit na 2022 seisoen, MM93 lyk asof hy wil begin groot raak, en die Ducati`s is besig om vorentoe te gaan,  as jy praat van hantering.
Suzuki en KTM....hierdie jaar dink ek het meeste mense bietjie meer van hulle verwag...

Alhoewel ek meestal van 2SD verskil oor sy uitlatings oor die Yamaha en hoe MotoGP spanne werk, is ek net so groot Yamaha-fan as hy.  So, as Quartararo die titel wen, is ek irriterend daaroor saam Danie.  Ek sÍ sommer nou al: "sorry manne".   :lol8:

Ek sien kwaai uit na 2022 want ek verwag interresante gebeure.  Na die 2020 en 2021 "development freeze" op enjins kan ek nie wag om te sien wat is in die agtergrond uitgebroei deur die slim manne by die onderskeie fabrieke nie.  Dink net!  'n Ducati wat kan draai of 'n Yamaha of Suzuki met baie perdekrag.   :thumleft:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1590 on: October 05, 2021, 11:46:02 am »

Alhoewel ek meestal van 2SD verskil oor sy uitlatings oor die Yamaha en hoe MotoGP spanne werk, is ek net so groot Yamaha-fan as hy.  So, as Quartararo die titel wen, is ek irriterend daaroor saam Danie.  Ek sÍ sommer nou al: "sorry manne".   :lol8:

Ek sien kwaai uit na 2022 want ek verwag interresante gebeure.  Na die 2020 en 2021 "development freeze" op enjins kan ek nie wag om te sien wat is in die agtergrond uitgebroei deur die slim manne by die onderskeie fabrieke nie.  Dink net!  'n Ducati wat kan draai of 'n Yamaha of Suzuki met baie perdekrag.   :thumleft:
Of n Honda weer in die eerste plek waar hy hoort.
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1591 on: October 05, 2021, 12:59:08 pm »
Not yet, 3 rounds left.
Ok google error

I don't think it is rubbish to suggest that a team would concentrate more on one rider than another.  It happens all the time, especially when one is drawing ahead of the other in the championships.  Also, Joe Public, especially those consisting of the biker's and bike buyers group, isn't as stupid as you suggest.  Most of us know and understand there is a riders, manufacturer's and team championship.

I agree with you. As early in the season as possible, a team will establish their "no.1 rider", and he may get the factory parts first, etc. But it is up to the riders themselves to become that no.1 rider, and

I feel that Vinhales failed here as rider, not the team in making his bike less competitive than FQ's. Why would a team make one rider's bike less competitive?

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1592 on: October 05, 2021, 01:00:59 pm »

Ek belowe ek sal beskeie wees, want ek is tans so in die wolke met Yamaha. Gaan deur die 2021 seisoen sover, en sien waarom ek so n Yamaha man is.

En waarom julle almal behoort te wees. :deal:

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1593 on: October 05, 2021, 01:28:05 pm »

Ek belowe ek sal beskeie wees, want ek is tans so in die wolke met Yamaha. Gaan deur die 2021 seisoen sover, en sien waarom ek so n Yamaha man is.

WSBK
MotoGP
AMA Motocross 450 klas

Goeie jaar vir Yamaha, as hulle nou net weer die Peterhansel jare in die Dakar kan herhaal. Maar die PD is ook nie meer dieselfde nie.

J.R.R Tolkien

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline Bappas

« Reply #1594 on: October 05, 2021, 02:57:39 pm »
Not yet, 3 rounds left.
Ok google error

I agree with you. As early in the season as possible, a team will establish their "no.1 rider", and he may get the factory parts first, etc. But it is up to the riders themselves to become that no.1 rider, and

I feel that Vinhales failed here as rider, not the team in making his bike less competitive than FQ's. Why would a team make one rider's bike less competitive?

Yes and he was surposed to be no1 I think  Fabio was the new kid on the block but he out performed him!
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1595 on: October 05, 2021, 02:57:40 pm »
Not yet, 3 rounds left.
Ok google error

If I said anything that made you think I meant the team would purposefully make one rider's bike less competitive, I must apologise profoundly.  I doubt I did say that, or even hinted at it though.  Anyway, it is not what I meant.  What I meant is what you said in your first paragraph here and I reckon I did say that clearly enough.

Yes, Vinales failed.  Why?  We don't know.  We know he is normally a good rider.  I think (and this is purely conjecture on my side) he became a victim of himself.  Remember when he first joined the Yamaha team and VR46 hated the new factory bike, but Vinales loved it so Yamaha decided to go for his choice, ignoring Rossi's warnings and personal choice?  That was the season Yamaha also decided not to run two factory bikes on different frames, suspensions, etc. anymore.  Yamaha will have had a good reason for it I suppose, but we know now that VR never featured much again and Yamaha went on a downhill ride.  Then came FQ. He knocks the socks of all competitors and MV is struggling and Yamaha prefers FQ's opinions and that is the bike they run and it is not working for MV.  He is right where VR was a couple of years ago.  MV didn't handle it as well.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1596 on: October 05, 2021, 03:00:10 pm »

WSBK
MotoGP
AMA Motocross 450 klas

Goeie jaar vir Yamaha, as hulle nou net weer die Peterhansel jare in die Dakar kan herhaal. Maar die PD is ook nie meer dieselfde nie.

Moet asb. nie vergeet Yamaha het reeds die SSP600 vervaardigers kampioenskap gewen em oneag of Aegeter, Odendaal of Cluzel die ryer titel wen, sal dit ook Yamaha wees.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1597 on: October 05, 2021, 05:01:39 pm »

WSBK
MotoGP
AMA Motocross 450 klas

Moet asb. nie vergeet Yamaha het reeds die SSP600 vervaardigers kampioenskap gewen em oneag of Aegeter, Odendaal of Cluzel die ryer titel wen, sal dit ook Yamaha wees.

Ai, hoe blom my hartjie nou......
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 05:02:31 pm by 2StrokeDan »

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1598 on: October 05, 2021, 06:14:40 pm »
Here is a thought maybe KTM and Ducatiís cant turn as well because of their ancient steel trellis frames ? I have always wondered why the Japanese went that route but not the Euroís ? Surely more flex in those steel frames
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 06:20:46 pm by sidetrack »
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline ZK1

« Reply #1599 on: October 05, 2021, 07:36:52 pm »
Here is a thought maybe KTM and Ducatiís cant turn as well because of their ancient steel trellis frames ? I have always wondered why the Japanese went that route but not the Euroís ? Surely more flex in those steel frames
I actually thing the steel trellis frames are more rigid.
2012 Yamaha XT660z (Sold)
2007 KX250 2T (Sold)
2002 CR250 2T (Sold)
1998 CR125 2T (Sold)
1990 KX125 2T (Sold)