Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 51381 times)

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #1740 on: October 24, 2021, 03:16:19 pm »
Well, there we go, seems one of my balls is crystal ......................  :biggrin:
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #1741 on: October 24, 2021, 04:09:37 pm »
FQ is a very good rider but his taking it easy approach in qualifying just shows he is not in the MM VR league yet. They would never play it safe and will always go for the best possible position.

I think you are reading way more in it than there is.  He has got a championship to loose, so why risk it? 

One can argue that he lost the championship last year due to silly crashes.  Only a complete idiot would not learn from his mistakes.
And if he takes it to easy and finishes out of the points ?

We now know he didn't and was crowned champion, but he could have finished this race and one more outside the points with Pecco winning and the championship would still have gone to the last race in Valencia. 

He grew up extremely well since a year ago, when he regularly threw the bike down the gravel traps.  This year, there are only two riders who have not had a single DNF.  Luca Marini and Fabio Quartararo.  It worked for FQ, a very deserving champion in my opinion.

KTM must be crying over their braai tonight.  BB33 moers down on the warm-up lap, starts stone last, finishes 11th and is the only KTM that finished! 

Darryn had an awesome race.  Pity his rear tyre finished the race three laps before he finished the race.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 04:39:58 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: husky, RobC

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #1742 on: October 24, 2021, 04:44:22 pm »
Urgh...tyd om n sabatical te vat sodat ons gespaar kan bly.
Oom Dan se teorie verlede jaar "Yamaha has realized you dont have to win on Sunday to sell Monday" is nou heel by die venster uit.
Sien uit na volgende jaar.

Maar ja ja, nog 2 races om te gaan.
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1743 on: October 24, 2021, 04:51:40 pm »
Well done FQ. Like Dan said the Japanese builds race bikes not qualifying ones. Would like to know why MM got booed by the spectators ? He gave them a proper response  8)
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #1744 on: October 24, 2021, 04:59:10 pm »
Volgende jaar sal ou MM maar weer wys wie baas is. Hy het net helfte van die races gery en le reeds 6de na n kak begin en met nog 2 races oor.  Ominous times … the master is back

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #1745 on: October 24, 2021, 06:12:41 pm »
He refuses to give up trying to win every single race ....................... he didn't even have to kick them and both Ducatis fell off the track ................... I'm starting to like him.

Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1746 on: October 24, 2021, 06:47:45 pm »
He refuses to give up trying to win every single race ....................... he didn't even have to kick them and both Ducatis fell off the track ................... I'm starting to like him.

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #1747 on: October 25, 2021, 08:25:21 am »
Have you seen some of the basically horrible comments all over social media re Yamaha's decision to put our other star in MotoGP, all these arm chair team managers that seem to think they know more than the bosses who have decided to employ him. Kinda pathetic in some cases. Each country has their own rider who would have done much better, the Brits for example are quite angry that the ride didn't go the way of Jake Dixon. I'll drink a beer to our newest MotoGP star shutting a lot of them up over the course of the next year hopefully.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

The following users thanked this post: BiG DoM

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1748 on: October 25, 2021, 09:17:47 am »
Have you seen some of the basically horrible comments all over social media re Yamaha's decision to put our other star in MotoGP, all these arm chair team managers that seem to think they know more than the bosses who have decided to employ him. Kinda pathetic in some cases. Each country has their own rider who would have done much better, the Brits for example are quite angry that the ride didn't go the way of Jake Dixon. I'll drink a beer to our newest MotoGP star shutting a lot of them up over the course of the next year hopefully.

It is most irritating, but to be honest, it is no different of how it would have been if they took Dixon and dumped Darryn.  We would have gone emotionally nuts just like they are now.  The difference is, we can now say: "NJAH ...njah ... njah ... kiss our collective arses!"  :lol8:

Simon Patterson, a supposed professional motorcycle racing journalist is worst of all.  I think he hasn't slept a blink since the DB40 rumour started.  He is almost as bad about DB40 on that Yamie as 2SD is about BMWs.  Poephol, he is!   :imaposer:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1749 on: October 25, 2021, 09:20:49 am »

:laughing4:

"I realised I couldn't catch Bagnaia, so I decided to give up..." - Marc Marquez, post race interview, zirca 24 October 2021.

Then, unlike his ever more obnoxious fans:

"Today is not about me, it is about Fabio ..." - Marc Marquez, post race interview, zirca 24 October 2021.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 09:28:55 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1750 on: October 25, 2021, 09:33:06 am »
I have noted with some concern, trepidation and some other big English words I cannot spell, nor pronounce, that some here are struggling with the non-English names of some of the riders.

Lesson #1:

Bagnaia.

Bag: Like handBAGS at dawn.
Na: The lazy way South Africans say no.
Ee:  The sound 2SD makes when he sees a BMW.
Aa:  The sound I make when I see a BMW.

See?  Easy.  Bag / Na / Ee / Aa - Bagnaia.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #1751 on: October 25, 2021, 09:39:52 am »
Or ...

'Bag' -  like a Checkerz bag
'Naai'-  like Gatierp talking foreign about fornication
'Ah! '- the feeling Gatiep expresses afterwards

:imaposer:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Online Bappas

« Reply #1752 on: October 25, 2021, 09:45:32 am »

"I realised I couldn't catch Bagnaia, so I decided to give up..." - Marc Marquez, post race interview, zirca 24 October 2021.

"Today is not about me, it is about Fabio ..." - Marc Marquez, post race interview, zirca 24 October 2021.

I think he had the common sense to realise they were pushing to hard!

I also think the comment about Fabio was a great thing to do! But then we will never know if he was coached by some PR !
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1753 on: October 25, 2021, 09:49:14 am »
Or ...

'Bag' -  like a Checkerz bag
'Naai'-  like Gatierp talking foreign about fornication
'Ah! '- the feeling Gatiep expresses afterwards

:imaposer:

No!  Just no!  This is exactly where the Saffers loose all concentration and get the name completely wrong.   :imaposer:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 09:50:45 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1754 on: October 25, 2021, 09:50:15 am »

I also think the comment about Fabio was a great thing to do! But then we will never know if he was coached by some PR !

Coached or not, he sounded like he is growing up nicely.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online Bappas

« Reply #1755 on: October 25, 2021, 09:52:53 am »

2 True I liked what he said would like to believe it was his own feelings !
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 09:53:26 am by Bappas »
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1756 on: October 25, 2021, 06:58:05 pm »

And nothing like a humbling couple of struggle months to help you grow up.

CONGRATULATIONS to Fabio and the YAMAHA..........

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1757 on: October 25, 2021, 09:12:19 pm »
You guys are funny ! Humbling, try racing a MotoGP beast with a weak arm and almost zero track time then having 3 wins so far. Look I get it people dont like MM because he is not a entertainer with funny shirts, nick names and a travelling bunch of adoring groupies and fan club. Like a Danny Pedrosa you are shun for being considered “boring” or serious. Fok dit. He is one of the best motorcycle racers of all time.

Well done FQ, well deserved
Thanks VR you will be missed. Should do his last race in a sun / moon livery
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #1758 on: October 26, 2021, 09:19:34 am »
Has anything been revealed about how Darryn's Brno test went on the R1?
I bet he was lightening fast.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #1759 on: October 26, 2021, 09:52:40 am »
Has anything been revealed about how Darryn's Brno test went on the R1?
I bet he was lightening fast.

I think he 'wrote' his signature on the contract.  :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky: