Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 52166 times)

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #1760 on: October 26, 2021, 11:42:54 am »
You guys are funny ! Humbling, try racing a MotoGP beast with a weak arm and almost zero track time then having 3 wins so far. Look I get it people dont like MM because he is not a entertainer with funny shirts, nick names and a travelling bunch of adoring groupies and fan club. Like a Danny Pedrosa you are shun for being considered “boring” or serious. Fok dit. He is one of the best motorcycle racers of all time.

Well done FQ, well deserved
Thanks VR you will be missed. Should do his last race in a sun / moon livery

The funniest guy here, is you.  Even when we compliment MM93, you manage to find something negative about that.   :imaposer:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1761 on: October 26, 2021, 03:16:25 pm »
You guys are funny ! Humbling, try racing a MotoGP beast with a weak arm and almost zero track time then having 3 wins so far. Look I get it people dont like MM because he is not a entertainer with funny shirts, nick names and a travelling bunch of adoring groupies and fan club. Like a Danny Pedrosa you are shun for being considered “boring” or serious. Fok dit. He is one of the best motorcycle racers of all time.

You are deadright in that Marc Marquez is one of the best motorcycle racers of all time.

You are wrong in that he is racing with a weak arm, as he would get nowhere in this class.

Also, when was his big injury? He has had more than enough recovery time, the problem with MM was not his shoulder, it was in his head, and that took longer overcoming.

Offline Bappas

« Reply #1762 on: October 26, 2021, 03:36:34 pm »

You are deadright in that Marc Marquez is one of the best motorcycle racers of all time.

You are wrong in that he is racing with a weak arm, as he would get nowhere in this class.

Also, when was his big injury? He has had more than enough recovery time, the problem with MM was not his shoulder, it was in his head, and that took longer overcoming.

I think you might be wrong! He broke his arm  ,was back two weeks later and then broke the fix! I suspect that arm is\was a mess!
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1763 on: October 26, 2021, 03:53:34 pm »

I think you might be wrong! He broke his arm  ,was back two weeks later and then broke the fix! I suspect that arm is\was a mess!

I know, so give him another 2 months to heal, but if you watch his path of recovery, many "foulplay" incidents, etc, all signs of diminished mental strenght/self confidence, and of course the many crashes indicating to himself not really believing that he was MM anymore.

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline Bappas

« Reply #1764 on: October 26, 2021, 04:49:25 pm »

I know, so give him another 2 months to heal, but if you watch his path of recovery, many "foulplay" incidents, etc, all signs of diminished mental strenght/self confidence, and of course the many crashes indicating to himself not really believing that he was MM anymore.

True But I broke my back racing coming back is not easy! It is very true your head also takes a lot of time to heal ! But like in my case it took two years to get back a fair level of fitness !
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Online RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #1765 on: October 26, 2021, 04:51:33 pm »

He should have waited but ja we are all invincible when young... the second crash made him re think his immortality. :sip:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1766 on: October 26, 2021, 05:27:22 pm »

True But I broke my back racing coming back is not easy! It is very true your head also takes a lot of time to heal ! But like in my case it took two years to get back a fair level of fitness !

That is one serious injury to come back from!!  How is your back nowadays?

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #1767 on: October 26, 2021, 05:30:45 pm »

He should have waited but ja we are all invincible when young... the second crash made him re think his immortality. :sip:

Importantly it has given him new perspective and maturity. The head is always the last bone to heal - and his ego also got badly bruised.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #1768 on: October 26, 2021, 08:45:44 pm »
But its tough out there guys.
We now have boykies wipe out in the sighting lap.... :peepwall:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1769 on: October 26, 2021, 09:24:16 pm »

When you're over-eager to crash..... :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Bappas

« Reply #1770 on: October 27, 2021, 07:13:50 am »

That is one serious injury to come back from!!  How is your back nowadays?

Was good for a while but it is now starting to give me hell ! But at the time the doctors told me as you get older and loose muccle tone it will get worse!

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1771 on: October 27, 2021, 10:18:39 am »

Shit happens.  He wasn't the first and he won't be the last.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:19:51 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
« Reply #1772 on: October 27, 2021, 10:22:56 am »

verseker.
Ek onthou hoe Randy Mamola eendag die crowds so bietjie entertain met wheelies op die sighting lap, toe dop hy die bike agteroor :lol8:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:23:27 am by Altie7deLaan »
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1773 on: October 27, 2021, 10:33:47 am »

verseker.
Ek onthou hoe Randy Mamola eendag die crowds so bietjie entertain met wheelies op die sighting lap, toe dop hy die bike agteroor :lol8:

Laas jaar het die twee VR46 Moto2 ryers mekaar uitgehaal op die afkoel rondte.  Besonder snaaks vir die kykers.  Hulle en hulle baas was minder beindruk.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1774 on: October 27, 2021, 12:07:12 pm »
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Online Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #1775 on: October 27, 2021, 06:08:27 pm »
Check his foot move, quick reflexes ............................. I woulda been in hospital.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1776 on: October 27, 2021, 06:49:03 pm »
Check his foot move, quick reflexes ............................. I woulda been in hospital.
The Roman Emperor, at one stage had some beef with Rossi
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
« Reply #1777 on: October 27, 2021, 07:14:07 pm »
The Roman Emperor, at one stage had some beef with Rossi

Yes. Because Rossi made him look like a Romany Cream

Offline RobD

« Reply #1778 on: October 27, 2021, 08:29:58 pm »

verseker.

I recall it being in the race but anyhow, yes, hy het van homself n poephol gemaak

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1779 on: October 29, 2021, 10:53:51 am »
A lot has been said about Darryn Binder getting the MotoGP ride, direct from Moto3.  Some positive for DB.  Some negative.  Some positive, or negative, but sensible.  Some not so sensible.  One of the ones I found rather strange was Aleix Espargaro having his say.  He believes MotoGP should introduce a Super Licence similar to F1 to prevent Moto3 riders going directly to MotoGP.  He also made a few other statements about the silliness of this DB40 move.  He is dead wrong in my opinion, but he is entitled to his opinion.

What I want to get at, was one of the funniest things I have seen on social media in a while.   Some really twisted guy posted this poll on Facebook.

Who will get their first maiden MotoGP win?

1.  Darryn Binder.  2022 1st season in MotoGP.
2.  Aleix Espargaro.  2022 12th year in MotoGP.

Note on AE's career:  278 starts with 0 wins and 3 podiums.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 10:55:58 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!