Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 58992 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #1980 on: November 22, 2021, 02:22:15 pm »
Rumors are that MM injury is similar to the one he had in 2011. Damage to eye muscles that required surgery back then. That almost ended his career then, will it end it now ?

Yes indeed - same type of injury and lots of speculation regarding if he will even race in 2022. It will be re-assessed in December and Honda will make a call then. I am not sure they can do a another year like this one being out on a limb (so to speak ;) ) not knowing from race to race what lies ahead and unable to gain momentum and gather meaningful telemetry and development data.  :o  Just another example of how putting all ones eggs in one basket can backfire.

All eggs in one basket is never a good idea.  Honda learnt that the hard way.  It seems Yamaha is now on that route.  It was very interesting to note how the Ducati top dudes, including Gigi and his boss, scoot over to the Bastianinni pit every time Bastianinni pulled in, to listen to his feedback as well.

I so hope I am wrong, but I dear we may experience a Ducati Festival instead of MotoGP racing next year.

I also do fear a Duke Cup scenario  :o  They were definitely the most upbeat about their 2022 bike during testing and it seems it is largely dialed in already. Quart on the other hand was clearly miffed and applying as much diplomatic pressure as possible on Yamaha to get their shite together. I see red in his future - not just red mist.

Can you imagine being on one of the Yamahas or Suzukis leading onto the main straight at Mugello with 5 Ducatis behind you!?
But they are still behind you  >:D I for one will stop watching if it becomes a Ducati Cup. By sheer numbers the euro's are becoming desperate to win.

Always good to see how positive you are.  The question is, for how long will they be behind you with a 1km straight ahead?

Stop watching!  With BB33 and DB40 there?  You did not think that statement through, did you?   :snorting:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 02:23:52 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
  • The I was like braaaap!
« Reply #1981 on: November 22, 2021, 02:35:57 pm »
If I had to weigh in on the DucatiGP for next year.

Althought we will easily see 5+ Ducati's in the top 10 on a regular basis ill be stumped if it happens week in week out.  Apart from Qautt and Pecco there is at least 10 other riders worthy and capable of rounding out the top 5.  Probably not as exciting for the viewers to see an all Ducati cup but im sure if its a runaway game either regulations or the other teams will soon come to the party.

On another note

MotoGP pass worth it considering i dont have DSTV?  Probably cost the same as 2 races at the local pub :ricky:
Stroom op!

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1982 on: November 22, 2021, 02:36:09 pm »
Rumors are that MM injury is similar to the one he had in 2011. Damage to eye muscles that required surgery back then. That almost ended his career then, will it end it now ?

Yes indeed - same type of injury and lots of speculation regarding if he will even race in 2022. It will be re-assessed in December and Honda will make a call then. I am not sure they can do a another year like this one being out on a limb (so to speak ;) ) not knowing from race to race what lies ahead and unable to gain momentum and gather meaningful telemetry and development data.  :o  Just another example of how putting all ones eggs in one basket can backfire.

All eggs in one basket is never a good idea.  Honda learnt that the hard way.  It seems Yamaha is now on that route.  It was very interesting to note how the Ducati top dudes, including Gigi and his boss, scoot over to the Bastianinni pit every time Bastianinni pulled in, to listen to his feedback as well.

I so hope I am wrong, but I dear we may experience a Ducati Festival instead of MotoGP racing next year.

I also do fear a Duke Cup scenario  :o  They were definitely the most upbeat about their 2022 bike during testing and it seems it is largely dialed in already. Quart on the other hand was clearly miffed and applying as much diplomatic pressure as possible on Yamaha to get their shite together. I see red in his future - not just red mist.

Can you imagine being on one of the Yamahas or Suzukis leading onto the main straight at Mugello with 5 Ducatis behind you!?
But they are still behind you  >:D I for one will stop watching if it becomes a Ducati Cup. By sheer numbers the euro's are becoming desperate to win.

Always good to see how positive you are.  The question is, for how long will they be behind you with a 1km straight ahead?

Stop watching!  With BB33 and DB40 there?  You did not think that statement through, did you?   :snorting:
Ag ok will watch the highlights then, will not have the same appeal with a million red bikes on the grid
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1983 on: November 22, 2021, 02:55:17 pm »

Ag ok will watch the highlights then, will not have the same appeal with a million red bikes on the grid

No worries.  I am sure the 2 x VR46 bikes will not be red.  I have a feeling they will be blue and yellow, which could easily be confused with Yamahas. ;)

If I had to weigh in on the DucatiGP for next year.

Althought we will easily see 5+ Ducati's in the top 10 on a regular basis ill be stumped if it happens week in week out.  Apart from Qautt and Pecco there is at least 10 other riders worthy and capable of rounding out the top 5.  Probably not as exciting for the viewers to see an all Ducati cup but im sure if its a runaway game either regulations or the other teams will soon come to the party.

On another note

MotoGP pass worth it considering i dont have DSTV?  Probably cost the same as 2 races at the local pub :ricky:

It is about R2400 for the whole season.  You get the all races (obviously), all free practices, interviews, warm-ups for all the classes.  I think it is worth it. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 02:58:39 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #1984 on: November 22, 2021, 02:57:41 pm »

Definitely, I buy it every year . You can watch free practice etc. in your own time as well.

Drinks are cheaper too  :biggrin:
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

The following users thanked this post: BullSmit, Tman21

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Amsterdam

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #1986 on: November 22, 2021, 07:05:05 pm »

If you get it now on their Black Friday Special you will pay Euro 132 but also get the timing pass with it.  That is great for practices, qualifying and seeing if your not on screen favourite is making progress through the pack.
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 890 Rally

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1987 on: November 22, 2021, 08:15:30 pm »
It seems, from my little poll, that Francesco Bagnaia is pretty popular, so herewith a lesson in his names.

Name:  Francesco
Nick name: Pecco.  This came about because his baby sister, back in the day called him Pecco because she couldn't say Francesco.
Surname:  Bagnaia

Note:

The words "Pecker", "Bagnaaier", "Bagnaai" does not appear in his name.  I am watching you motley lot with a beady eye!  Pasop!   ;)
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1988 on: November 22, 2021, 08:43:33 pm »

If you get it now on their Black Friday Special you will pay Euro 132 but also get the timing pass with it.  That is great for practices, qualifying and seeing if your not on screen favourite is making progress through the pack.

Seems to be Euro 139.99  with free Timing Pass and 10% discount on merch - supposedly a Blek Friday Special. Works out at R120 per race - plus all the practices, archives, vids, stats etc etc. Not bad all things considered.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 08:46:58 pm by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #1989 on: November 23, 2021, 06:16:18 am »
It seems, from my little poll, that Francesco Bagnaia is pretty popular, so herewith a lesson in his names.

Nick name: Pecco.  This came about because his baby sister, back in the day called him Pecco because she couldn't say Francesco.

Note:

The words "Pecker", "Bagnaaier", "Bagnaai" does not appear in his name.  I am watching you motley lot with a beady eye!  Pasop!   ;)

Ek dink Saknaaier is die man om te beat in 2022.
Lyk my Duc is nou meer ernstig oor die titel as tevore.
Sien baie uit na die volgende seisoen, gaan interresant wees.
Vroeer hierdie jaar was Pedrosa betrokke by KTM, en toe gelyk asof dit beter gaan met KTM. En toe val die wielle weer af?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 07:25:54 am by Altie7deLaan »
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1990 on: November 23, 2021, 01:07:59 pm »

Note:

Ek dink Saknaaier is die man om te beat in 2022.
Lyk my Duc is nou meer ernstig oor die titel as tevore.
Sien baie uit na die volgende seisoen, gaan interresant wees.
Vroeer hierdie jaar was Pedrosa betrokke by KTM, en toe gelyk asof dit beter gaan met KTM. En toe val die wielle weer af?

Weet nie wie Saknaaier is nie, maar ek twyfel of hy enigsens naby enige titel sal kom in 2022.  Jy kyk dalk te veel 7de Laan en dan raak jy deurmekaar met die name!   :lol8:

Ek stem dat die volgende seisoen interresant gaan wees, veral met so 5 nuwe jaers en 2 nuwe spanne op die baan. 

Dani Pedrosa is al vir twee jaar die amptelike toetsryer by KTM.  Ek dink hy het 'n redelike groot verskil gemaak en alhoewel dit op die oog af lyk of KTM se wiele afgekom het, is daar heelwat faktore wat hulle sukses nadelig be´nvloed het die jaar.  Twee van hulle jaers, Petrucci en Lecuona was nou nie juis wenmateriaal nie en dit lyk of Oliviera, na sy vrou swanger geraak het, ook so bietjie belangstelling verloor het.  BB33 het nie sleg gedoen nie en as hy net konstant beter kan kwalifiseer dal dit baie help.   Hulle sukkel natuurlik ook met die sagter bande wat Michelin die jaar ingebring het het.  Ons hoop maar vir die beste vir 2022 vir KTM.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 02:13:17 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1991 on: November 23, 2021, 02:17:22 pm »
So, it seems that we the MotoGP experts of WDs, need to shut up about MotoGP as we got our posteriors well and truly kicked by a guuuurrrl in Superbru!

Well done, Madam!   :thumleft:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
« Reply #1992 on: November 23, 2021, 02:39:14 pm »
The Bear,  I want in for next year! :deal:
Stroom op!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1993 on: November 23, 2021, 04:01:37 pm »

No problem.  Do you solemnly swear that you won't beat me?   >:D
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
« Reply #1994 on: November 23, 2021, 04:21:17 pm »

I have a baseball bat but judging by the distance between us and my lack of focus im sure you are safe. :deal:

Question:

Should we start a 2022 thread?  Who's job is that? :imaposer:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 04:22:03 pm by Tman21 »
Stroom op!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1995 on: November 23, 2021, 04:28:44 pm »

I have a baseball bat but judging by the distance between us and my lack of focus im sure you are safe. :deal:

Question:

Should we start a 2022 thread?  Who's job is that? :imaposer:

We can start a 2022 thread.  I usually do, but that is purely because I cannot wait for the next season to start.  I am sure I drive the mods crazy.   
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Bappas

« Reply #1996 on: November 23, 2021, 04:30:08 pm »
Well done for the binder auto favourite !
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

The following users thanked this post: TheBear

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #1997 on: November 23, 2021, 04:43:53 pm »
If it wasn't for TheBear's running commentary, motoGP would just be a race.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #1998 on: November 23, 2021, 04:54:44 pm »

... as opposed to an obstacle course  :imaposer:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1999 on: November 24, 2021, 10:14:14 am »

:laughing4: :laughing4:

Thanks .... I think!   :thumleft:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!