Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 57853 times)

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #2020 on: November 30, 2021, 07:08:36 pm »
... and in a half a season ...  :o what could he have done with a full one?  ???

Crashes per race MM93 is in #1 position.  Keep in mind, according to some MM93 fans, he does this to find the limit.  It is what makes him such a great rider.  Of course, Iker Lecuona, just crashes as often because he is an idiot.   :lol8:
Falls aside after Rossi MM dominated, fact. Nothing can take away his championships. Gladly waiting to see the next 6 or 7 time winner
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #2021 on: November 30, 2021, 07:46:09 pm »
... and in a half a season ...  :o what could he have done with a full one?  ???

Crashes per race MM93 is in #1 position.  Keep in mind, according to some MM93 fans, he does this to find the limit.  It is what makes him such a great rider.  Of course, Iker Lecuona, just crashes as often because he is an idiot.   :lol8:
Falls aside after Rossi MM dominated, fact. Nothing can take away his championships. Gladly waiting to see the next 6 or 7 time winner

I have no argument that MM dominated and once a championship is won, it cannot be taken away. Obvious, but true. 

The above post by me, was however directed at one of the ridiculous statements his fans often make to explain away his many crashes.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 07:47:33 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #2022 on: November 30, 2021, 08:12:27 pm »

We are going to wait a long time before we'll see domination of the likes of MM again. Unless from himself perhaps.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2023 on: December 01, 2021, 12:57:16 pm »

We are going to wait a long time before we'll see domination of the likes of MM again. Unless from himself perhaps.

Indeed.  Riders like him only comes along once in a long while.  A marriage like we saw between him and the Repsol Honda, even less frequently.  While I have often expressed my concern with his frequent crashes as each and every crash carries the risk of being career ending, I really hope he heals well and 100% from this eye injury and that we will still see him for a few years around. 
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #2024 on: December 01, 2021, 03:45:07 pm »

I have no argument that MM dominated and once a championship is won, it cannot be taken away. Obvious, but true. 

The above post by me, was however directed at one of the ridiculous statements his fans often make to explain away his many crashes.

For me as an MM fan it just gets annoying when people keep bringing up his crashes because if you take MM & Pol together they have something like 43 crashes between them, it kind of exposes a bit of a problem with the bike IMO.. I need to go back and look but Alex rRns crashed 3 times in 4 races if I remember correctly. Pol only crashed 2 times less than MM.. Iker Lecuona has crashed the KTM 4 times more than MM, ok the lad is young but still he has talent, if I remember he has gone from KTM GP to Honda on a superbike but I must check that, I cant remember.

These guys are ALL at the limit, I think Honda crashes more because its a harder bike to ride.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2025 on: December 01, 2021, 04:05:17 pm »

For me as an MM fan it just gets annoying when people keep bringing up his crashes because if you take MM & Pol together they have something like 43 crashes between them, it kind of exposes a bit of a problem with the bike IMO.. I need to go back and look but Alex rRns crashed 3 times in 4 races if I remember correctly. Pol only crashed 2 times less than MM.. Iker Lecuona has crashed the KTM 4 times more than MM, ok the lad is young but still he has talent, if I remember he has gone from KTM GP to Honda on a superbike but I must check that, I cant remember.

These guys are ALL at the limit, I think Honda crashes more because its a harder bike to ride.

I mention crashes because I am not just looking at 2021.  MM crashes too much and each crash can end his career.  Yes, that is also true for anyone of the other riders, but they do not (however unfair that sounds) have a career of the magnitude of MM's to throw away.  Basically, we talk about MM's crashes as they matter more than riders like Iker, Rins or even Pol.  His crashes take a world title contender off the track.  The others don't.   Problem with the Honda?  Possibly.  Many of us have all been saying that for the past 2 years already.  Did this problem exists in the years between 2014 and 2019 though? 

Crash figures since 2014.:

2014.  MM = 11, 4th highest.
2015.  MM = 13, 2nd highest
2016.  MM = 17, 3rd highest
2017.  MM = 27, highest
2018.  MM = 23, highest
2019.  MM = 14, third highest
2020.  MM = we know what happened.
2021.  MM = 22, 2nd highest.

You mention Iker Lecuona and Pol Espargaro.  Yes, they are close to MM, but raced 4 races more during 2021.  Yes, Iker is going to the Honda WSBK Factory team.

Note, none of what I said about MM is to be seen as negativity towards, or about him.  It is just my opinion that he crashes more than he should.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 04:23:03 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #2026 on: December 03, 2021, 09:28:35 am »
More stats this time with regards to Brads season, his qualifying and race results. I was impressed.  Found this on face book. It's in Italian but if you open in google it should translate to English.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2021/12/02/motogp/analysis-binders-2021-nightmare-qualifying-and-comeback-races.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=social&fbclid=IwAR2v4j5RI8emKmK9Sj501FTmTG7grHOqBmZj1RIWcrj-U0usAg9Zl2mzzJ8

The following users thanked this post: Tman21

Offline Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
  • The I was like braaaap!
« Reply #2027 on: December 03, 2021, 09:38:03 am »
More stats this time with regards to Brads season, his qualifying and race results. I was impressed.  Found this on face book. It's in Italian but if you open in google it should translate to English.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2021/12/02/motogp/analysis-binders-2021-nightmare-qualifying-and-comeback-races.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=social&fbclid=IwAR2v4j5RI8emKmK9Sj501FTmTG7grHOqBmZj1RIWcrj-U0usAg9Zl2mzzJ8

What a brilliant article.  It just once a gain goes to show that there is way more happening in the background than what meets the eye.  It shows that our boytjie has wat it takes! :thumleft:
Stroom op!

Offline mox

« Reply #2028 on: December 03, 2021, 09:55:12 am »
Yes it does but he needs to find improvements in quali and start further up the grid. This has been many potential champions downfall area.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #2029 on: December 03, 2021, 10:10:51 am »

What a brilliant article.  It just once a gain goes to show that there is way more happening in the background than what meets the eye.  It shows that our boytjie has wat it takes! :thumleft:

True story - pity they make a typo with his name calling him Brad Bonder  :o  James Bond meet Brad Bonder  :imaposer:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #2030 on: December 03, 2021, 10:15:37 am »
Yes it does but he needs to find improvements in quali and start further up the grid. This has been many potential champions downfall area.

We all know this and is what the article is also saying.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2031 on: December 03, 2021, 10:18:06 am »

True story - pity they make a typo with his name calling him Brad Bonder  :o  James Bond meet Brad Bonder  :imaposer:

Not as bad as RSG's sport boffin insisting on "Baainder"!
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2032 on: December 03, 2021, 10:19:46 am »
Moderator types, can you please unpin this 2021 thread?
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #2033 on: December 03, 2021, 11:11:01 am »
Moderator types, can you please unpin this 2021 thread?

It served it's time well.
Somedays, life's like a middlemannetjie.

The following users thanked this post: TheBear

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
2021 engine usage
« Reply #2034 on: December 10, 2021, 05:35:49 pm »
Each bike is allowed 7 engines for the season, except Aprilia who can use 9 due to the fact that they are still a concession team.

Engines used:

All bikes (excluding Aprilia) used 7 engines except Repsol Honda who used 6, but Repsol Honda missed out on the last GP of the year.  Aprili aused 8 and 9 engines respectively.     

Engines withdrawn (FUBAR):

Ducati:  8 by 6 bikes
Yamaha: 2 by 4 bikes
Suzuki: 4 by 2 bikes
Honda: 7 by 4 bikes
KTM: 8 by 4 bikes
Aprilia: 5 by 2 bikes

https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/994385/1/motogp-engine-list-who-used-what-during-2021-season

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
Re: 2021 engine usage
« Reply #2035 on: December 13, 2021, 08:10:25 am »
Each bike is allowed 7 engines for the season, except Aprilia who can use 9 due to the fact that they are still a concession team.

Engines used:

All bikes (excluding Aprilia) used 7 engines except Repsol Honda who used 6, but Repsol Honda missed out on the last GP of the year.  Aprili aused 8 and 9 engines respectively.     

https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/994385/1/motogp-engine-list-who-used-what-during-2021-season

So Yamaha engines still the toughest?

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #2036 on: December 13, 2021, 09:19:56 am »

Engines used:

Must be those new Chinese valves.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2037 on: December 13, 2021, 09:54:58 am »

Engines used:

Still?  After the 2020 fiasco?

No argument they were the best this year though. 
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #2038 on: December 13, 2021, 08:41:05 pm »

Engines used:

From a Husky fan..... :biggrin:

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #2039 on: December 13, 2021, 08:55:59 pm »

Engines used:

From a Husky fan..... :biggrin:

How many Chinese engine parts on a Husky?