Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 51223 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
MotoGP 2021
« on: January 28, 2021, 12:10:45 am »
Mods, please make a sticky, or whatever magic it is you do to the other MotoGP threads?

So, who is getting edgy because we have no bike racing to watch?  It seems the most exciting sport news is how some Aussie cricketer swore at some Indian cricketer.

The 2021 Calendar is out and already some havoc due to the plague / pandemic / mild flu / conspiracy.

- First official testing for 2021 on Sepang in Malaysia was cancelled.
- Two extra days of testing was added at Qatar to manage the above. \
- The Argentinian and US GPs cancelled.
- One race added at Qatar to replace Argentina, so we will have the GP of Qatar on 28 March and then the GP of Doha one week later on 4 April
- Portimao in Portugal will replace the USA this time, so we go there on 18 April.
- Then the normal trek through Europe. Jerez (Spain), Le Mans (France), Mugello (Italy), Catalunya (Spain), Sachsenring (Germany), Assen (Netherland), Kymiring (Finland), Red Bull Ring (Austria), Silverstone (UK), Aragon (Spain), San Marini (Italy), Motegi (Japan), Chang (Thailand), Phillip Island (Australia), Sepang (Malaysia), Valencia (Spain). 19 races if no more changes.
- News on MM93 vague.  It seems he may not be ready for the first races of 2021 due to that arm that is not healing properly, or ... maybe he is.  He only passed a medical to start training on 14 January 2021. Like I said, news = vague.
- Dovi still without a ride, but ready to step into Repsol Honda to replace MM93 if required and requested.
- Davide Brivio, the Team Manager at Suzuki who engineered they brilliant return to MotoGP from nothing to a World Champion is leaving Suzuki for a Team Manager job in F1.  Sadly so!
- It seems Honda have made some changes to their 2020 bike for 2021.  Of course, due to the engine development freeze the engine remains unchanged, or so they say, but apparently lots of other changes to the bikes.
- There is no truth in the rumour that Yamaha valves will now be made by a small 1-man company in Stellenbosch.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: BullSmit, blockheadxl650v

Offline BullSmit

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • Previously Bullfrog
Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 09:05:10 am »
Mods, please make a sticky, or whatever magic it is you do to the other MotoGP threads?

So, who is getting edgy because we have no bike racing to watch?  It seems the most exciting sport news is how some Aussie cricketer swore at some Indian cricketer.

The 2021 Calendar is out and already some havoc due to the plague / pandemic / mild flu / conspiracy.

- One race added at Qatar to replace Argentina, so we will have the GP of Qatar on 28 March and then the GP of Doha one week later on 4 April
- Portimao in Portugal will replace the USA this time, so we go there on 18 April.
- Then the normal trek through Europe. Jerez (Spain), Le Mans (France), Mugello (Italy), Catalunya (Spain), Sachsenring (Germany), Assen (Netherland), Kymiring (Finland), Red Bull Ring (Austria), Silverstone (UK), Aragon (Spain), San Marini (Italy), Motegi (Japan), Chang (Thailand), Phillip Island (Australia), Sepang (Malaysia), Valencia (Spain). 19 races if no more changes.
- News on MM93 vague.  It seems he may not be ready for the first races of 2021 due to that arm that is not healing properly, or ... maybe he is.  He only passed a medical to start training on 14 January 2021. Like I said, news = vague.
- Dovi still without a ride, but ready to step into Repsol Honda to replace MM93 if required and requested.
- Davide Brivio, the Team Manager at Suzuki who engineered they brilliant return to MotoGP from nothing to a World Champion is leaving Suzuki for a Team Manager job in F1.  Sadly so!
- It seems Honda have made some changes to their 2020 bike for 2021.  Of course, due to the engine development freeze the engine remains unchanged, or so they say, but apparently lots of other changes to the bikes.
- There is no truth in the rumour that Yamaha valves will now be made by a small 1-man company in Stellenbosch.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I just get up every morning and go out. And I dont let the old man in, Clint Eastwood

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 09:10:35 am »
 :ricky: At last. 56 or something days to go.

The following users thanked this post: BullSmit

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 12:05:18 pm »

Valves-R-us. :biggrin:

Offline Africamike

• aka Ventana
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • De Colores!!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 12:54:38 pm »
 :sip:  Cant wait!  Here's hoping for a good year for the Binder Bro's.  Thinking that 'Divebomb' Darryn is going to be a man-on-a-mission in his new colours.....
Rom 1:16

The following users thanked this post: TheBear, BullSmit

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 02:49:34 pm »
Darryn will be in a top team with top tech, top staff and the very best of everything so I am think he will do well.  How well, i.e. World Champion, top three, top five, etc. remains to be seen, but regardless, I am looking forward to see him go again.  No matter what he does, no one can call him a boring rider.  Somewhere back in the annals of WD MotoGP treads someone asked who I thought was better, Brad or Darryn.  I responded that Brad was the strategist, the cool calm and collected rider.  Darryn is the wild one.  I can't say who is better, i.e. if the raced each other 100 times on exactly the same bikes, who would win the most, but what I do know if one of them is going to pull a stunt that everyone will say: "how the hell did he manage that!?" it will be Darryn.

Yes, I am looking forward to a few things this year.

1.  Brad's performance in MotoGP on a KTM that should be even more inproved.
2.  Darryn's performance in a top notch team with oodles of meoney and tech.
3.  MM93.  Will he return?  If so, will he be competitive?
4.  VR46 on a factory Yamaha, without the shackles the Yamaha factory impose.
5.  Petrux on a KTM.
6.  Luca Marini, VR46's brother's performance. 

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 02:52:56 pm »
Darryn in the same team as Rossi.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 03:06:21 pm »

No.  You have that all wrong.  I have it, from the horses mouth. Darryn himself during and interview said, after it was mentioned that he is in the same team as Rossi, in Darryn's very own special manner: "No.  Rossi is in the same team as I am!"    :lol8:

I hope for many grid interviews with Mr " Nou gaan ons braai"  this year!
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: blockheadxl650v

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 03:09:39 pm »

No.  You have that all wrong.  I have it, from the horses mouth. Darryn himself during and interview said, after it was mentioned that he is in the same team as Rossi, in Darryn's very own special manner: "No.  Rossi is in the same team as I am!"    :lol8:

Sorry you are correct!

:imaposer: I watched that interview with Rob and Don.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2021, 03:54:49 pm »

Sorry you are correct!

I hope Valentino understands how fortunate he is!   :lol8:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2021, 05:02:44 pm »

Sorry you are correct!

I hope Valentino understands how fortunate he is!   :lol8:

Don't be blasphemous! :pot:

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2021, 05:05:55 pm »
sub :thumleft:

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2021, 05:17:15 pm »
Darryn can give Valentino a master class in late breaking and how to do the divebomb!

Sent from my SM-A260F using Tapatalk

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2021, 09:12:58 pm »
Darryn can give Valentino a master class in late breaking and how to do the divebomb!

Valentino can do with any classes at the moment.......

Offline RobD

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2021, 09:37:54 pm »

And some new valves.....

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 07:33:13 am »
Sub
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 07:44:42 am »

And some new valves.....

If it weren't for those valves, Yamaha would have won manufacturer's title last year. After the most disastrous season in their history.......go figure.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 10:19:15 am »

And some new valves.....

If it weren't for those valves, Yamaha would have won manufacturer's title last year. After the most disastrous season in their history.......go figure.

Janee Danie.  As an ardent Yamaha supporter I was driven to crying in my red cooldrink many times last year.  The championship was pretty much handed to Yamaha on a platter and they still managed to screw it up.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 11:09:43 am »
Lights added to flags for MotoGP, WSBK and World Endurance Racing.

About time as well.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/950681/1/fim-homologates-first-flag-light-panel-ahead-mandatory-motogp-use
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2021, 11:16:22 am »
A bit of interesting news from KTM is that the Crew Chief to Brad Binder last year will move to Tech3 KTM as Crew Chief to Danilo Petrucci.  The Crew Chief who worked with BB33 all of his Moto2 career is moving to Red Bull KTM to be Crew Chief to Brad.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!