Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 40613 times)

Online mox

Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 11:26:14 am »

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2021, 09:19:16 am »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2021, 07:35:59 pm »
The biggest partof the VR46 Academy squad will spend two days practising on Portimao next week.  All four MotoGP riders (VR46, Morbidelli, Bagniaia and Marini), as well as the two SkyVR46 Moto2 and two SkyVR46 Moto3 riders.  None are allowed to use the race bikes, so the four MotoGP riders will use Yamaha (Rossi and Morbidelli) and Ducati (Bagniaia and Marini) superbikes.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline bartman

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2021, 09:07:16 pm »

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2021, 10:50:42 pm »
It seems BRNO in the Czech Republic and Buriram in Thailand is off the 2021 calendar. 

BRNO because the requirement to resurface will not be met due to financial constraints caused by racing with no spectators.  BRNO usually draws 200 000 spectators to a MotoGP race.

Thailand due to Covid fears.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2021, 09:00:40 am »
It seems BRNO in the Czech Republic and Buriram in Thailand is off the 2021 calendar. 

BRNO because the requirement to resurface will not be met due to financial constraints caused by racing with no spectators.  BRNO usually draws 200 000 spectators to a MotoGP race.

Brad doesn't seem to think BRNO needs a resurface  :ricky:
3IG 3ALLS

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2021, 09:42:56 am »

He is used to Potch's roads  :pot:
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2021, 11:21:55 am »

He is used to Potch's roads  :pot:

:laughing4: :laughing4:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2021, 09:58:38 am »
Michele Pirro days to first MotoGP race.

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2021, 12:54:49 am »
That's a deceptive photo ........................... or is he a big boy?

51 days, you say? ...................... I'm still paying for a DSTV connection but don't even live in SA.

The only reason I keep it is for MotoGP .......................................... and the fact my wife is still there .................  :peepwall:
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2021, 07:21:52 pm »
I believe he is a tad taller than the average.  I hate DSTV, but till I have a proper fiber connection I have to keep it for MotoGP.

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2021, 07:22:57 pm »
Eugene Laverty days to first MotoGP.

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2021, 12:11:22 pm »
Can the season not start this weekend Dorna?  Please!  Have a heart!

Axel Pons days to start of first race.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 12:11:45 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2021, 08:55:36 am »
In the interest of blowing some life into this thread herewith my predictions for the season:

10. Joan Mir smiles like a white shark who just saw a world class model swimming naked because he was fastest on track for two sectors of one race.  He is still leading the championship with one race to go.
9. Petrucci retires because the KTM scares him.  He becomes a food critic for an Italian newspaper.
8. Maverick Vinales start on pole and finish 19th, 19 times.
7. Cal Crutchlow, Andrea Dovizioso, Danny Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo are banned from race tracks as they get drunk during wild parties and then line up on the grip screaming BRAAAAAAPPP BRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!
6. MM93 returns, but is a shadow of his old self.  Halfway through the season he retires from racing and becomes a visor cleaner guy for the Repsol Honda team.
5. Pol Espargaro crashes Repsol Hondas faster than Honda can build them.  Last 10 races they use old Honda SS50s that they dress up in Repsol fairings.  He still makes two podiums.
4. Fabio Quartararo sets a new record for the rider who crashed out of first place the most frequently in a single season.  Somehow he manages to crash every single time before the Yamaha throws valves.
3. Franco Morbidelli rides a perfect season and finishes 3rd in the championship.  He becomes very irritating when he constantly thanks his mentor VR46.
2. BB33 rides a picture perfect season with many podiums and finishes 2nd in the championship.  He becomes very irritating when he constantly thanks his mentor TheBear.
1. VR46 wins his 10th world championship.  At the after party it leaks out that Petronas actually used BMWs leased in a secret last minute deal . 
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: Kamanya

Offline BullSmit

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • Previously Bullfrog
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2021, 09:14:11 am »
Brilliant TB!!!!  :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

I just get up every morning and go out. And I dont let the old man in, Clint Eastwood

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2021, 09:18:33 am »
In the interest of blowing some life into this thread herewith my predictions for the season:

10. Joan Mir smiles like a white shark who just saw a world class model swimming naked because he was fastest on track for two sectors of one race.  He is still leading the championship with one race to go.
9. Petrucci retires because the KTM scares him.  He becomes a food critic for an Italian newspaper.
7. Cal Crutchlow, Andrea Dovizioso, Danny Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo are banned from race tracks as they get drunk during wild parties and then line up on the grip screaming BRAAAAAAPPP BRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!
6. MM93 returns, but is a shadow of his old self.  Halfway through the season he retires from racing and becomes a visor cleaner guy for the Repsol Honda team.
5. Pol Espargaro crashes Repsol Hondas faster than Honda can build them.  Last 10 races they use old Honda SS50s that they dress up in Repsol fairings.  He still makes two podiums.
4. Fabio Quartararo sets a new record for the rider who crashed out of first place the most frequently in a single season.  Somehow he manages to crash every single time before the Yamaha throws valves.
3. Franco Morbidelli rides a perfect season and finishes 3rd in the championship.  He becomes very irritating when he constantly thanks his mentor VR46.
2. BB33 rides a picture perfect season with many podiums and finishes 2nd in the championship.  He becomes very irritating when he constantly thanks his mentor TheBear.
1. VR46 wins his 10th world championship.  At the after party it leaks out that Petronas actually used BMWs leased in a secret last minute deal .
Everything believable except point 1  :biggrin:
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2021, 09:20:47 am »

Everything believable except point 1  :biggrin:

What weakness is this you are showing?  You didn't call me a Rossi-fanboy!  I am shocked!   :lol8:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2021, 12:19:43 pm »
Watching the Unridables last week i couldnt help wondering... 20 odd years ago the racers were mostly yanks, brits and Ozzies with the occasional Italian.

Nowadays its dominated by Spaniards and Italians.  What happened ?

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2021, 12:30:13 pm »
Watching the Unridables last week i couldnt help wondering... 20 odd years ago the racers were mostly yanks, brits and Ozzies with the occasional Italian.

Nowadays its dominated by Spaniards and Italians.  What happened ?

I have never seen it that way, but you could be right.  Are you sure though, or did you form a perception?  While you think about that I will see if I can find some figures.  Science and all that you know.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2021, 12:51:00 pm »
Kilroy raised an interesting question, so I went for a look.  I took the top 15 riders in the championship top class only in 10 year increments, starting in 1980.  It seems you are correct, at least about the last 20 - 40 years even.  My guess is that we saw a few things happen.

- The USA for a long time followed their own championship.  Own classes, etc.  It also seems that they had, for a period no or very little feeder classes.
- The UK went toward WSBK in terms of racing classes.  See how they rule the roost in WSBK.
- Spain started a racing academy and a Spanish championship almost identical to the MotoGP championship smaller classes.
- Italy recently gained the VR46 Academy for Italian riders, but they also have a championship similar to MotoGP smaller classes.
- It is much cheaper and easier for an Italian or Spaniard to get into and participate in the various " beginner"  classes such as Red Bull Rookies Cup, Junior World Championship, Spanish or Italian Moto3 Championship.

1980:

Champion = USA
US = 2
GB = 1
Italy = 5 (interesting this includes one Graziano Rossi who finished 5th)
Netherlands = 3
Venezuela = 1
NZ = 1
Switzerland = 1
RSA = 1

1990:

Champion = USA
USA = 4
GB = 2
Italy = 2
Aus = 2
Spain = 2