Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 12177 times)

mox, Antonie and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bappas

Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #440 on: April 05, 2021, 02:16:15 pm »
Dear Mr. Bappas,

You are herewith officially informed that the WildDogs MotoGP Arrogant and All Knowing Racing Supporters and Personality Modification Society appointed you, after a unanimous decision, as the official Brad Binder Jinxer.  It is expected that henceforth, you will make some dof remark about said BB33 pulling up his socks prior to every race.  It is expected that, as with this past weekend, this will clearly enhance his position by no less than 10 places on the track.  We expect no less from you during the rest of the season.

Regards
Chairman of the Board

Ha Ha  I am actualy a Big Fan !  Very glad about his performance this weekend! However I still think, although this a personal opinion ! He can do beter with regards to the Bike!
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #441 on: April 05, 2021, 02:57:14 pm »
Dear Mr. Bappas,

You are herewith officially informed that the WildDogs MotoGP Arrogant and All Knowing Racing Supporters and Personality Modification Society appointed you, after a unanimous decision, as the official Brad Binder Jinxer.  It is expected that henceforth, you will make some dof remark about said BB33 pulling up his socks prior to every race.  It is expected that, as with this past weekend, this will clearly enhance his position by no less than 10 places on the track.  We expect no less from you during the rest of the season.

Regards
Chairman of the Board

Ha Ha  I am actualy a Big Fan !  Very glad about his performance this weekend! However I still think, although this a personal opinion ! He can do beter with regards to the Bike!

We are all fans, so we will tend to get a tad heated.  He just gave KTM their first ever top 10 finish on the Loseil track and they have been there a few times, so can he do better?  He could, but he is already doing better than most on a KTM.  This doesn't mean he shouldn't improve though.

Just for interest sake, KTM history at Loseil:

2018:  18th and DNF
2019:  12th and 17th
2020:  No Moto GP at Loseil
2021 (Race 1):  13th, 14th, 17th and DNF
2021 (Race 2):  8th, 15th, 19th and DNF

#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #442 on: April 05, 2021, 03:27:46 pm »
Dear Mr. Bappas,

Regards
Chairman of the Board

We are all fans, so we will tend to get a tad heated.  He just gave KTM their first ever top 10 finish on the Loseil track and they have been there a few times, so can he do better?  He could, but he is already doing better than most on a KTM.  This doesn't mean he shouldn't improve though.

:eek7: :eek7: What, are they on 790's?? :peepwall: :pot: :pot:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #443 on: April 05, 2021, 03:32:59 pm »
Dear Mr. Bappas,

Regards
Chairman of the Board

Then, so BigOil tells us, it would have been ...

2018:  DNF and DNF
2019:  DNF and DNF
2020:  No Moto GP at Loseil, but DNF anyway.
2021 (Race 1):  DNF, DNF, DNF and DNF
2021 (Race 2):  DNF, DNF, DNF and DNF
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 03:34:37 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #444 on: April 05, 2021, 03:38:27 pm »
Dear Mr. Bappas,

Regards
Chairman of the Board

>:D Here, here  :imaposer:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Online Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #445 on: April 05, 2021, 04:01:01 pm »
Dear Mr. Bappas,

Regards
Chairman of the Board Bored

>:D Here, here Hear, hear :imaposer:

Spelling, boys .................................... both of you ...................  :biggrin:
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #446 on: April 05, 2021, 04:11:37 pm »
Dear Mr. Bappas,

Regards

Spelling, boys .................................... both of you ...................  :biggrin:

Woolley Bugger!  You joined u ... oh, wait.  Sorry Croacker.   >:D

I have to admit, I am bloody jealous that I didn't think to replace "Board" with "Bored" myself.   :lol8:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 04:12:35 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #447 on: April 05, 2021, 05:00:43 pm »
Dear Mr. Bappas,

Regards

Shit - I guess I must now do lines to get the spellin wright.  :laughing4:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #448 on: April 05, 2021, 05:05:55 pm »
Dear Mr. Bappas,

Regards

Shit - I guess I must now do lines to get the spellin wright.  :laughing4:

At least you know how to spell shit, or you might have come across dof... :peepwall:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Online Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #449 on: April 05, 2021, 06:00:09 pm »
Oi! ......................... no sex in this thread, please.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #450 on: April 06, 2021, 07:57:59 am »
Is this a MotoGP thread or a spelling competition?
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #451 on: April 06, 2021, 08:59:09 am »
Great racing, not often you see  pack of top 10 together in one screen shot from the side.
Think it was 2 sec spread from one to ten at one time.
Couple of guys showing some calculated, matured riding, if that makes sense.

Certainly Fabio demonstrated a very well planned and executed mature race strategy. Brilliant race.

Those Ducatis are so much more powerful, it reminded me of my friend racing his RD350 against 1100 Katana, CB900, etc. on Killarney. They would steam past down the straight, but he would repass around the rest of the track.

I am still convinced those Ducatis' power is their achilles heel.

Imagine the sort of extra heat you put into that rear pushing so much more top speed down the straight, then the front tyre has to handle braking heat from that higher top speed.

But as Ducati seem unable to match the Yamahas' handling, they need to pursue the engine power course.
Well ill handling or not they still finished 2nd and 3rd
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline leading edge

« Reply #452 on: April 06, 2021, 09:22:38 am »
Someone must have put a spell on him :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #453 on: April 06, 2021, 09:49:34 am »
Two GPs down the line and it really is early days yet, but I am wondering about the bikes.

Suzuki:  Similar to last year.  Not the fastest, but have some magical formula to keep their rear tyres intact for late in the race and only a fool would discount them, even if they are 10 or so positions down at the start.  They also seem consistent.  Could we again see a champion without a win from them this year?

KTM:  They seem pretty quick on the straight, but stank at this track on handling.  Then again, they have always struggled at this track.  BBs 8th is their best ever here.  I hope they get this sorted since no one will win a world championship by winning 4 races and not making points in 14.

Aprilia:  I see a huge improvement from last year.  If they are clever they will buy out the contract with Savadore (what is he doing there anyway?) and sign Dovi with immediate effect.  Not very loyal, but this is MotoGP not the Voortrekkers or Boys Scouts.

Honda:  Jawellnofine.  Middle of the pack and the kitty litter.  Nakagami who shone for Honda last year is nowhere so far.

Yamaha:  Looking good, but no consistency and still reliability issues?  Poor Morbidelli, who arguably lost out on being champion last year due to a blown engine, already opened his third engine, out of an allocation of 7 this year.  Agreed, the two removed from the bike can still be used at a later stage, if their smoking habit can be resolved, but they were withdrawn for further investigation.  After two races VR46 is equal with Morbidelli in the championship and we know VR did not rip the field apart.  As a Yamaha fan, I hope they can pull it together.  All four bikes.

Ducati:  Again one step ahead now sporting holeshot devices front and rear and some nifty tunnels in their fairing.  Mind blowing top speed, slightly crap in the corners.  Still, they look like contenders this year.  Their factory team just need to get their ducks in a straightish sort of line.    You can't, or shouldn't have to depend on your satellite team to do the winning.

After two races, who would have thought:

- Zarco leading the championship, after being down a deep dark hole with KTM only 18 months ago.
- Bastianinni on a customer Ducati is only 3 points behind Jack Miller on a factory Ducati in the championship.
- Mr Consistent from last year, Alex M must still finish a race this year.
- Rookie Jorge Martin is 7th in the championship.

Roll on Portimao!

#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #454 on: April 06, 2021, 09:53:45 am »
Someone must have put a spell on him :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Minora Award, Gold to you Sir!   :laughing4:
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #455 on: April 08, 2021, 03:44:40 am »
Dear Mr. Bappas,

Regards
Chairman of the Board

A KTM 790 would have failed inspection and not make it to qualifying.  A 790 would have likely been spewing oil through the countershaft seal or other parts on the racetrack. 

All would have been DQ'd, sayonara.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #456 on: April 08, 2021, 07:51:50 am »
 :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #457 on: April 08, 2021, 10:42:43 am »

A KTM 790 would have failed inspection and not make it to qualifying.  A 790 would have likely been spewing oil through the countershaft seal or other parts on the racetrack. 

All would have been DQ'd, sayonara.

Actually, this reminds me.  It would have been:

2018:  DNS and DNS
2019:  DNS and DNS
2020:  No Moto GP at Loseil, but DNS anyway.
2021 (Race 1):  DNS, DNS, DNS and DNS

In fact, they would not have offloaded the crates as the riders, managers, mechanics, marketing people would all have been to busy posting their bike woes in social media for @big oil to find and repost on WDs  to do any work.   :lol8:
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #458 on: April 08, 2021, 11:10:35 am »
Portimao in Portugal coming up.  This is to replace the GP of the Americas which cannot take place.  Some questions being asked:

- How will the bikes do?  We saw exciting racing end of season last year with MO88 kicking arse all weekend long, but it was at a very different time of year in terms of weather, heat, etc.  This leads to the next question:
- Will the KTMs fly high or crash and burn?  Last year they were 1st (MO), 4th (PE), DNF (BB) and DNS (Lecuona due to Covid).
- Will we see MM93 return?
- Will Jackass be 100% after his arm pump surgery?
- Will MM93 return?
- Will AM73 and Nakagami manage to stay on their bikes?
- Will MM93 return?
- Will Lecuona recover 100% from his arm pump surgery?
- Will MM93 return?
- What's with all this arm pump surgery?
- Will MM93 return?
- Will the French attack on the podium continue?
- Will MM93 return?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 11:11:24 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #459 on: April 08, 2021, 11:33:18 am »
Portimao in Portugal coming up.  This is to replace the GP of the Americas which cannot take place.  Some questions being asked:

- How will the bikes do?  We saw exciting racing end of season last year with MO88 kicking arse all weekend long, but it was at a very different time of year in terms of weather, heat, etc.  This leads to the next question:
- Will the KTMs fly high or crash and burn?  Last year they were 1st (MO), 4th (PE), DNF (BB) and DNS (Lecuona due to Covid).
- Will we see MM93 return?
- Will Jackass be 100% after his arm pump surgery?
- Will MM93 return?
- Will AM73 and Nakagami manage to stay on their bikes?
- Will MM93 return?
- Will Lecuona recover 100% from his arm pump surgery?
- Will MM93 return?
- What's with all this arm pump surgery?
- Will MM93 return?
- Will the French attack on the podium continue?
- Will MM93 return?
Who is jackass ?
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien