Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 52529 times)

Offline Bappas

Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #1480 on: September 13, 2021, 10:39:28 am »
GOAT getting back on form, champ again next year. Already a win and podium with one arm.

Think so too!
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #1481 on: September 13, 2021, 10:51:01 am »
found this gem on Youtube.

Got to love the interview at abot 5min50

Certainly a gem.

I spend about 5 years as a race scrutineer for Northern Regions Racing and I really enjoyed these kids in Park Fermé.  In some cases, 10 minutes before the start of the race, Mom's and Dad's were frantically running around trying to find the racers who had disapeared somewhere fooling around as kids do. 

We also had to check their kit, because believe it or not, some parents would send the kid out on track with a cracked helmet, or stripped zipper on the leathers.  It was always lekker to have a chat with them while checking the stuff and while the parents usually went nuts about everything, the kids just wanted to race and beat his buddy. 

One youngster arrived in Parc Fermé with a stuffed boot.  Dad had put it on his foot and then duct taped it shut.  As I was checking the boot, Dad had blown himself up like a bullfrog ready for a fight.  Mom was already puffing smoke and flames like a magic dragon in anticipation of me pulling the kid from the race.  The kid looked at me with tears in his eyes saying: "Ag please Uncle, don't pull me from the race now, I can only get new boots after Dad's payday."  I told him that if I could not pull the boot of his foot, he could race.  Before I could continue, the kid got of the bike, fell flat on his back on the tarmac and held up his leg for me to pull.  So, I dutifully dragged him by the boot around Parc Fermé two or three times and let him race.   :snorting:

Then there was a Dad we called Mr. Scales.  This class as well as the 150cc road bike class had various weight requirements, so we weighed the bikes before and after each race.  Mr. Scales' son was good for 7th or 8th position, but Mr. Scales always cut the weight to the bare minimum. You could add 10kg, or take away 10kg, this kid, in that class would be 7th or 8th.  The gap to the guy in front of him would be a bit bigger, or smaller.  So, they'd bring the bike to Parc Fermé and stick it on the scales.  Dad would stand ready with some wheel balancing weights (the sticky type) and then ad or take away to get the bike 100% on the correct weight. We are talking grams!  The poor kid got disqualified at least three times, because, after the race his bike was too light.  Dad had miscalculated fuel in the tank and the amount that would be used.  I crapped all over Dad more than once, but to no avail.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:00:04 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #1482 on: September 13, 2021, 11:20:23 am »
GOAT getting back on form, champ again next year. Already a win and podium with one arm.

Was Rossi on form?  :o
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1483 on: September 13, 2021, 11:27:05 am »

Nah, he was refering to the one who finds the Gravel On All Tracks.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #1484 on: September 13, 2021, 02:01:50 pm »

Nah, he was refering to the one who finds the Gravel On All Tracks.

Ah OK - shem he is such a confused boy.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 02:02:15 pm by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Online Sheepman

« Reply #1485 on: September 13, 2021, 02:15:42 pm »
Aragon.....
One of those circuits where the dragsters win and the handling bikes get 8th....

The reality is the Duke is turning just fine these days as evidenced by Pecker  ???   And no not a circuit where Ducati normally drags everyone - not had a win there since 2010!

It was actually clear to see how tightly Saknaaier turned that bike in every time MM passed him. I was surprised he survived that sort of pressure. Yes, well deserved win, and especially since it's his first.

Nice to see how everyone congratulated him on track, also MM.

I was surprised that Mickey Mouse didn't bin it out of frustration......or took Pecker out in one of the fight backs  ;)

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1486 on: September 13, 2021, 08:57:04 pm »
Aragon.....
One of those circuits where the dragsters win and the handling bikes get 8th....

The reality is the Duke is turning just fine these days as evidenced by Pecker  ???   And no not a circuit where Ducati normally drags everyone - not had a win there since 2010!

It was actually clear to see how tightly Saknaaier turned that bike in every time MM passed him. I was surprised he survived that sort of pressure. Yes, well deserved win, and especially since it's his first.

I was surprised that Mickey Mouse didn't bin it out of frustration......or took Pecker out in one of the fight backs  ;)

It was great to see MM ride a very responsible race, and yet.....be his old self in the way he just could not settle for 2nd place. :ricky: :ricky:

Offline Bappas

« Reply #1487 on: September 14, 2021, 07:21:45 am »
Aragon.....

It was great to see MM ride a very responsible race, and yet.....be his old self in the way he just could not settle for 2nd place. :ricky: :ricky:
I think he might just be back! The other boys must do their thing now! Next year there won t be any chance anymore!
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #1488 on: September 14, 2021, 11:54:14 am »
Yamaha had their ducks in a row at the start of the season, well, at least for their best man/bike combo.
Now the others have slowly started to wake.
Reminds me of Russell Wood when he was campaigning a R1 on local soil some years ago.
Claiming the first 5 or 6 races of the season, and from there it is your championship to lose.
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Online Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
  • The I was like braaaap!
« Reply #1489 on: September 14, 2021, 12:40:57 pm »
Bagnaaia really really impressed me keeping cool with every single pass MM93 tried to make.  Really enjoyed this battle.

On another note, where is the best place to look for MotoGP stats?  Riders, wins, podiums etc or doe we just ask bear?
Stroom op!

Offline mox

The following users thanked this post: Tman21

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1491 on: September 14, 2021, 03:25:47 pm »
Bagnaaia really really impressed me keeping cool with every single pass MM93 tried to make.  Really enjoyed this battle.

On another note, where is the best place to look for MotoGP stats?  Riders, wins, podiums etc or doe we just ask bear?

Best stats are available on:

www.motogp.com

You can also use Wiki.  If they don't know they call me!   :lol8:

« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 03:27:28 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1492 on: September 14, 2021, 08:01:00 pm »
Yamaha had their ducks in a row at the start of the season, well, at least for their best man/bike combo.
Reminds me of Russell Wood when he was campaigning a R1 on local soil some years ago.
Claiming the first 5 or 6 races of the season, and from there it is your championship to lose.

You can replace "YAMAHA" with the name of any other worthwhile racing manufacturer, and it's happened to them all.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1493 on: September 16, 2021, 01:37:24 pm »
Speaking of YAMAHA.  Misano this weekend should be interesting as we will see Franky Morbidelli return to the fray after injury, but confirmed on the ex-Vinales factory Yamaha.  He has also signed with factory Yamaha for 2022 and 2023.  Then, we will see Dovi return to ride the Petronas Yamaha vacated by Franky.  Should be lekker to see how both go on their respective Yamahas.  FQ20 and FM21.  There is still a change that the two can bring Yamaha the elusive Tripple Crown.

When the announcement came that Petronas withdrew their sponsorship and that SRT will not own the satellite team anymore, the future of a satellite team for Yamaha seemed rather dim.  I believe and I expect we will hear announcements soon, possibly this weekend, in this regard. I reckon Yamaha themselves worked hard to get a proper satellite team in place.  Main title sponsor rumoured to be WithU, but as a possible outsider for main sponsor, or part sponsor Green Power, the sponsor of the Moto3 team DB40 rode for, for two years.  It also sounds like it is Yamaha who draw Dovi in and indicated they would have a full factory bike for him for 2022 at least.  Interesting developments.  It seems Yamaha have finbally woken up to the advantages of having at least one factory bike in the satellite team.

It is a pity Petronas didn't pull their sponsorship earlier.  The VR46 team could well have been the Yamaha satellite team.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 01:41:45 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #1494 on: September 16, 2021, 01:43:13 pm »
You can replace "YAMAHA" with the name of any other worthwhile racing manufacturer, and it's happened to them all.

Indeed, but all the other manufacturers do not have you loudly proclaiming them as perfect and flawless.   >:D :lol8:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
  • The I was like braaaap!
« Reply #1495 on: September 16, 2021, 02:44:27 pm »
Wonder if BB33 got enough data last weekend to give himselfs a front row seat for the main race.  Apparently the rear tyre did not last the full race distance hence giving up the chances of 5th/6th position last weekend.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 09:12:13 am by Tman21 »
Stroom op!

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1496 on: September 16, 2021, 10:14:35 pm »

Indeed, but all the other manufacturers do not have you loudly proclaiming them as perfect and flawless.   >:D :lol8:

Of course not!  They're not worthy. :patch:

Have you seen the 2022 60year anniversary R1? That's what heritage affords you. :deal:

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #1497 on: September 18, 2021, 09:25:08 am »
Talking sportbikes and heritage?
The base GSXR1000 is 273. The Extra R model can be had for 300k.
The base R1 is 349k, and the R1M 429k......
I choose any gixxer  every single day over a heritage paintjob..... :peepwall:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Online Antonie

« Reply #1498 on: September 18, 2021, 11:39:42 am »
Hey watse kak praat julle? Is dit nie race weekend nie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1499 on: September 18, 2021, 01:29:36 pm »
Talking sportbikes and heritage?
The base GSXR1000 is 273. The Extra R model can be had for 300k.
The base R1 is 349k, and the R1M 429k......
I choose any gixxer  every single day over a heritage paintjob..... :peepwall:

Well, Suzuki could go DAF colours......... :biggrin: