Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2021  (Read 51876 times)

Offline Bappas

Re: MotoGP 2021
« Reply #2000 on: November 24, 2021, 10:17:51 am »
If it wasn't for TheBear's running commentary, motoGP would just be a race.

I do not always agree! But I mostly enjoy!
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #2001 on: November 24, 2021, 10:22:16 am »

You don't always agree!?  *gasp shock horror*  There I thought, all along, that I was always right.   :thumleft:

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Bappas

« Reply #2002 on: November 24, 2021, 10:30:41 am »

You don't always agree!?  *gasp shock horror*  There I thought, all along, that I was always right.   :thumleft:

Don t we all !  :)
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline blockheadxl650v

« Reply #2003 on: November 25, 2021, 09:28:15 am »
I am reading some interesting developments with regards to the teams for next year. First is Francesco Guidotti moving from Pramac Ducati to KTM.
Then Noe Herrera who was Raul Fernandes crew chief at KTM Ajo will be moving to RNF and will be Darryn's crew chief.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #2004 on: November 25, 2021, 10:07:22 am »
I am reading some interesting developments with regards to the teams for next year. First is Francesco Guidotti moving from Pramac Ducati to KTM.
Then Noe Herrera who was Raul Fernandes crew chief at KTM Ajo will be moving to RNF and will be Darryn's crew chief.

Yes Noe is a big score and especially for Darren - has worked with him before but also mentored others like FQ into MotoGP and is very good at getting them on a good learning curve and race trajectory   :thumleft: :ricky:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Bappas

« Reply #2005 on: November 25, 2021, 10:27:04 am »

Yes Noe is a big score and especially for Darren - has worked with him before but also mentored others like FQ into MotoGP and is very good at getting them on a good learning curve and race trajectory   :thumleft: :ricky:

I do not know him but hope it is good for Darryn think he deserves a break and I hold thumbs for him for next year.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2006 on: November 25, 2021, 11:16:14 am »

It seems KTM is moving Mike Leitner from the Team Manager post to make way for Guidotti. 
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2007 on: November 25, 2021, 11:19:37 am »

I do not know him but hope it is good for Darryn think he deserves a break and I hold thumbs for him for next year.

As said, he was Crew Chief for Raul Fernandez this past season, so for a rider who finished 2nd in the championship by only 4 points.  He was also crew chief for Brad Binder when Brad raced in Moto2.  While no experience in MotoGP, he is a very experienced Crew Chief and started his career as a mechanic in the Aki Ajo Moto3 squad some years ago. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 11:21:21 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Bappas

« Reply #2008 on: November 25, 2021, 11:21:13 am »

It seems KTM is moving Mike Leitner from the Team Manager post to make way for Guidotti.

They need to do something suspect they dropped a pretty penny with not much to show for it. They seem to be on the 1 step forward 3 steps back track.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2009 on: November 25, 2021, 11:22:17 am »

They need to do something suspect they dropped a pretty penny with not much to show for it. They seem to be on the 1 step forward 3 steps back track.

They didn't do as well as expected this year, but keep in mind that they lost all their concessions at the end of last year.  It must have made some impact.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Bappas

« Reply #2010 on: November 25, 2021, 11:26:17 am »

They didn't do as well as expected this year, but keep in mind that they lost all their concessions at the end of last year.  It must have made some impact.

True But !  Their performance is not concistant  Up and down from weekend to weekend! Feel sorry for Brad most of the time. You need to be concistant to start improving .

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #2011 on: November 25, 2021, 11:41:17 am »

True But !  Their performance is not concistant  Up and down from weekend to weekend! Feel sorry for Brad most of the time. You need to be concistant to start improving .
Maybe it's the riders...  :pot:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2012 on: November 25, 2021, 11:47:02 am »

You mean they were not consistently rubbish?   :biggrin:

You are correct, they were very up and down, but to be fair, they did slightly better than last year.  This year they made a total of 321 points versus last year's 319.  This year their best rider was 6th, last year 8th.  This year the worst rider was 21st, last year 20th.  So, one can argue there was a marginal improvement.  The problem is, the competitors improved more, yet they were in a development lock down (which KTM wasn't), therefore KTM should really have made much more of an improvement.

I really hope they make the large step required for next year, or they will become also rans.  The other manufacturers are bound to make a huge step to next year.  I fear they may remain forever trapped in their steel frame and WP suspension choice.  I really hope I am wrong.

Maybe it's the riders, excluding Brad Binder...  :pot:

OomD, I edited your post to attempt to save your life.  Thank me later.   :snorting:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 11:49:12 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Tman21

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
  • The I was like braaaap!
« Reply #2013 on: November 27, 2021, 09:31:08 pm »
MM was pretty close to getting top honors  :deal:
Stroom op!

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #2014 on: November 27, 2021, 09:58:25 pm »
... and in a half a season ...  :o what could he have done with a full one?  ???
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline RobD

« Reply #2015 on: November 28, 2021, 10:59:45 am »
... and in a half a season ...  :o what could he have done with a full one?  ???

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Offline Tony the Boney

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Threw away the key and locked the door
« Reply #2016 on: November 29, 2021, 06:49:00 am »

so true  :imaposer: Never used to be like this.
He's having to ride that Honda way past its limitations
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Offline adamktm

« Reply #2017 on: November 29, 2021, 08:31:37 am »
Lots of Honda's in that list. Must be the bike  :peepwall:
2018 KTM 250 6 Days TPI
2011 690 Enduro

When I bleed, I bleed orange!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2018 on: Yesterday at 10:02:12 am »

Crashes per race MM93 is in #1 position.  Keep in mind, according to some MM93 fans, he does this to find the limit.  It is what makes him such a great rider.  Of course, Iker Lecuona, just crashes as often because he is an idiot.   :lol8:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #2019 on: Yesterday at 11:38:49 am »

Crashes per race MM93 is in #1 position.  Keep in mind, according to some MM93 fans, he does this to find the limit.  It is what makes him such a great rider.  Of course, Iker Lecuona, just crashes as often because he is an idiot.   :lol8:

The Ring King keeps it Level with the Greval  :imaposer: