Sharing Secrets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Good day fellow Wild Dogs , My post today is to find out more or less why we are resistant to share destinations , is is due to being afraid it could be over run with other dogs going to this one special place turning it into a Clarence , Dullstroom ,  Sabie?
This year I will be turning 60 ( 21st  March) have been riding bikes just about everyday for the last 40 odd years , Started off with my first bike in 1980 , A  DR 400 SUZUKI , Was keen on off road bikes , but neede3d a dual purpose one in order to commute to work . we used to go ride what was then the Jukskei trail every sunday morning , trail started in lombardy east , and sort off ended for us at a little shoppe near Kyalami , could have a cold drink there . great times . today the area is occupied by MALL OF AFRICA & WATERFALL EASTATE , plus many other estates , times change .
I then met some Swiss guys and had to upgrade to a road bike , as my scrambler , just would not cut it keeping up with them , had to learn new tricks . staying off the rear brake  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Roadbikes became a way of life , started off on a XJ 900 yamaha , then a host of GSXR 750s and on to 1000s and finally a KTM1190 ADVENTURE .
The thirst for riding has never stopped , for me the road / trip is just as much part of the end destination . Just love riding .
yes my but does go lame , but after a rest filling up the tank ready to go again ,and fortunate to have a partner that loves it as much as I do . always keen to have her ass on the saddle
Back to the secrets , after many years going to the same places its time to look for new , a good route , nice end destination , a place with some thing to see and do ,not always easy . for some time now our ens destination has been Ramsgate , at first we did a pitstop in VANREENEN @ Pyramids , then leave early the next morning to be in Ramsgate by about 10.30 with a breakfast stop on the way . We have made good friends in Ramsgate , and its nice to spend time with them .Sort of changed things up a gear with our last visit and did a dash down , no pitstop . new adventure , good lights on the bike made it a easy ride .
Now as I mentioned its my birthday over the long weekend in March and for the first time ever I will have my son joining on a trip , he has been riding for just over 10 years , so competent , but it has always been a fear in the back of my head that he would want to challenge me and things can turn into a race , Think we are now mature enough to to let this happen and if he does go ahead I will let him go  :ricky:
As for destinations , Guys lets share the places , I do not like staying at home over long weekends , have some in Ap[ril and have no idea where to go , A ride around Lesotho has been on the cards , trip down to Hogsback , also a idea, But lots of boring road to get there . Yes any road leading out of Johannes burg is boring as we dont have mountains and twisties , but soon that is left behind and one has the open road ahead . time to enjoy the ride