Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Honda CRF300L and 300 Rally  (Read 15589 times)

ghries and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
Re: Honda CRF300L and 300 Rally
« Reply #420 on: September 17, 2021, 07:07:55 am »
I am sure the Honda 300 is a good bike and will have the jap reliability ..

Few guys have been using them here and like them .. Some guys will not go to them as they have less horses than the WR250r  250 ( street legal here ) Yamaha I have . Standard suspension also not as good as the Yamaha . But it has all the new required electronics required for new bikes above 250 cc so I am sure they will sell plenty  here .They sell for 10 000 NZD .

Think I will stick with the Yamaha and when I get to about 60 000 K throw  in a Athena 290cc or 310 cc kit ... as they are not making  the WR250 anymore so Honda will rule the market for a while until other manufactures pull finger .
Quick highjack...

Look at this lovely bike the Auzies were testing...

https://youtu.be/AET69c5gDiU

Take my money.   :drif: :drif: :drif:

Thanks for sharing.   :thumleft:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

Online Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #421 on: September 17, 2021, 07:28:50 am »

Few guys have been using them here and like them .. Some guys will not go to them as they have less horses than the WR250r  250 ( street legal here ) Yamaha I have . Standard suspension also not as good as the Yamaha . But it has all the new required electronics required for new bikes above 250 cc so I am sure they will sell plenty  here .They sell for 10 000 NZD .

Think I will stick with the Yamaha and when I get to about 60 000 K throw  in a Athena 290cc or 310 cc kit ... as they are not making  the WR250 anymore so Honda will rule the market for a while until other manufactures pull finger .
Quick highjack...

I felt the same. Awesome design
the Truth will offend at first

Offline skydiver

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • Free as a bird
« Reply #422 on: September 17, 2021, 08:43:36 am »

Quick highjack...

This is nice but surely they can design a similar fairing for the CRF250/300L

Offline Vis Arend

• Grey hound
« Reply #423 on: September 17, 2021, 08:55:52 am »

Quick highjack...

This is nice but surely they can design a similar fairing for the CRF250/300L

Did you hear the 14liter fuel tank.   :thumleft:  That on it's own is a bargain.   :deal:
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

Online DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #424 on: September 17, 2021, 09:23:38 am »

Quick highjack...

Dis n super cool bike die Yamaha!!! :thumleft: :drif: :drif: :drif:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline skydiver

• Race Dog
  • Free as a bird
« Reply #425 on: September 17, 2021, 09:52:27 am »
Did you hear the 14liter fuel tank.   :thumleft:  That on it's own is a bargain.   :deal:
Exactly, imagine 470km on a tank (at my CRF250L current average consumption of 34km/l)  :ricky:

Offline Piglettw200

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
« Reply #426 on: September 17, 2021, 11:19:42 am »

Quick highjack...

Dis n super cool bike die Yamaha!!! :thumleft: :drif: :drif: :drif:

Safari Tanks in Aussie make a 14. and a 18 l tank for the WR 250 ... The fairing kit is mag=de to match with the 14 l tanks ................. Safari also makes a larger Tank for the T700

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #427 on: September 17, 2021, 04:03:14 pm »
Surely the first mod for almost any Japanese DS bike. Ran Pro Tapers on my Rally.

Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33°54.712 E018°28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #428 on: September 17, 2021, 04:08:59 pm »
Surely the first mod for almost any Japanese DS bike. Ran Pro Tapers on my Rally.

And I do like your, er ‘rack’, if you know what I mean…. :biggrin:
DYLAN 021 510 6455        bike@flyingbrick.co.za  
NICKY 021 510 6455            service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455             web@flyingbrick.co.za
BEN 021 510 6455           sales@flyingbrick.co.za 
WERNER 021 510 6455   orders@flyingbrick.co.za
WHATS APP:                    067 278 1893

Offline FrankyB

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
« Reply #429 on: September 28, 2021, 10:47:01 pm »
The introduction of the 300 addresses the concern that most riders had about the 250. Just needs a little more power. I tested the 250 and felt it needed just a little more power. Everyone so far agrees the engine remap and extra cc’s (280-something cc’s now) totally “makes” the bike now.

Of course the 300L looks more like business than the relatively tame 250L. Of course if Honda wakes up and starts selling the 300 Rally here they will sell like hotcakes.

Sad to say it is my personal opinion that Honda is so “deur die strooi” that they will not wake up and for that reason I am looking for alternatives.

You gonna have a hard time finding any alternatives in SA…?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well well, taking delivery of the alternative shortly. It ticks all the right boxes for me.  I admit that the “alternative” to the 300 Rally is not as rugged as many here would hope.

However, a KTM 390 Adventure has a 14.5l tank, good power and moderate off road capabilities. I never wanted to be able to tackle trails, but I wanted to take dirt roads when I wanted. And from my extensive test ride I can confirm the “alternative” can do that with a smile.

And guess what? The manufacturer of the “alternative” is awake and see they have a big market in SA…unlike Honda.

I still like the 300 Rally but have opened my eyes and found something that I can ride now instead of waiting for unicorn poop for another 6 months. 

Good luck to all.

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Online Tom van Brits

« Reply #430 on: September 29, 2021, 05:29:23 am »
The introduction of the 300 addresses the concern that most riders had about the 250. Just needs a little more power. I tested the 250 and felt it needed just a little more power. Everyone so far agrees the engine remap and extra cc’s (280-something cc’s now) totally “makes” the bike now.

Of course the 300L looks more like business than the relatively tame 250L. Of course if Honda wakes up and starts selling the 300 Rally here they will sell like hotcakes.

Sad to say it is my personal opinion that Honda is so “deur die strooi” that they will not wake up and for that reason I am looking for alternatives.

Well well, taking delivery of the alternative shortly. It ticks all the right boxes for me.  I admit that the “alternative” to the 300 Rally is not as rugged as many here would hope.

However, a KTM 390 Adventure has a 14.5l tank, good power and moderate off road capabilities. I never wanted to be able to tackle trails, but I wanted to take dirt roads when I wanted. And from my extensive test ride I can confirm the “alternative” can do that with a smile.

And guess what? The manufacturer of the “alternative” is awake and see they have a big market in SA…unlike Honda.

I still like the 300 Rally but have opened my eyes and found something that I can ride now instead of waiting for unicorn poop for another 6 months. 

Good luck to all.

Well congrats then on your alternative bike and I hope you so not come to regret it in future.
Some of us will rather wait patiently for  Honda.
I personally do not believe it is Honda’s fault that they are in short supply bit more a combination of unforeseen issues like Covid.
You see Honda motorbikes do not overstay their welcome on a dealers showroom floor and their is a reason for that  8)

The following users thanked this post: Mapog

Offline skydiver

• Race Dog
  • Free as a bird
« Reply #431 on: September 29, 2021, 06:09:31 am »

Good luck to all.

Wow, you really don't like Honda.
Too bad. There are many of us that are very happy with Team Red  :thumleft:

The following users thanked this post: Mapog

Offline FrankyB

• Pack Dog
« Reply #432 on: September 29, 2021, 07:31:03 am »
You misunderstand. I used to love Honda, and in fact I would have paid for the 300 Rally without test riding or seeing it.

However, when you go to a dealership (3 actually) and upon asking get told that the 300 Rally will not be brought in because Honda SA does not believe there to be a big enough market for the Rally, then you do become a bit disappointed. I did try the pre-order discussion once even but the dealership kept insisting the 300 Rally would not be brought in…they even confirmed with Honda SA while I was in the salesman’s office.

I fully understand that supply challenges of the 300L because of Covid, but Honda dealers are not saying that about the Rally.

But anyways, call me a traitor or bash me. I respect your loyalty and I feel people like Hardy’s frustration when his passion is not supported by the corporate. I would vote for him as brand ambassador anytime.
I am still not bashing team red, just saying there are alternatives in case your patience runs out.

Online blauth

« Reply #433 on: September 29, 2021, 08:54:09 am »
You misunderstand. I used to love Honda, and in fact I would have paid for the 300 Rally without test riding or seeing it.

However, when you go to a dealership (3 actually) and upon asking get told that the 300 Rally will not be brought in because Honda SA does not believe there to be a big enough market for the Rally, then you do become a bit disappointed. I did try the pre-order discussion once even but the dealership kept insisting the 300 Rally would not be brought in…they even confirmed with Honda SA while I was in the salesman’s office.

I fully understand that supply challenges of the 300L because of Covid, but Honda dealers are not saying that about the Rally.

But anyways, call me a traitor or bash me. I respect your loyalty and I feel people like Hardy’s frustration when his passion is not supported by the corporate. I would vote for him as brand ambassador anytime.
I am still not bashing team red, just saying there are alternatives in case your patience runs out.

So, you don't like Honda, that's clear. Not sure why you brought Hardy into your personal rant.   :patch:     He's a big boy, I'm sure he can speak for himself.

Offline FrankyB

• Pack Dog
« Reply #434 on: September 29, 2021, 08:57:49 am »
Geez, I’m paying him a compliment.
It’s clear you guys are upset with me for speaking about my frustration. Just don’t pull things out of context.

Offline BuRP

« Reply #435 on: September 29, 2021, 09:12:06 am »
I respect your loyalty and I feel people like Hardy’s frustration when his passion is not supported by the corporate. I would vote for him as brand ambassador anytime.

Worth repeating this bit, well summarized!  :thumleft:

Not your fault that some will not understand what you mean, quite clear to those who can read.
Enjoy your ride!
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #436 on: September 29, 2021, 09:13:48 am »
Enjoy your new ride.
Please also start a new thread where you give feedback on what mods you do (if any), and your experiences.
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline Vis Arend

• Grey hound
« Reply #437 on: September 29, 2021, 09:39:22 am »

So, you don't like Honda, that's clear. Not sure why you brought Hardy into your personal rant.   :patch:     He's a big boy, I'm sure he can speak for himself.

Oops, I think you misread.   :eek7:

The following users thanked this post: zebra - Flying Brick

Online blauth

« Reply #438 on: September 29, 2021, 10:36:02 am »

Really?

Offline Bikerboer1973

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
  • Fiets Loos!
« Reply #439 on: September 29, 2021, 10:45:21 am »

Really?

Jip, agree with Vis Arend think you must read it again. Nowhere did he bash Honda or Hardy, he just got gatvol off waiting and was told the bike he wanted will not be brought in so bought something ells. Nothing wrong with that.