Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Honda CRF300L and 300 Rally  (Read 14707 times)

Offline blauth

Re: Honda CRF300L and 300 Rally
« Reply #440 on: September 29, 2021, 11:12:34 am »
You misunderstand. I used to love Honda, and in fact I would have paid for the 300 Rally without test riding or seeing it.

However, when you go to a dealership (3 actually) and upon asking get told that the 300 Rally will not be brought in because Honda SA does not believe there to be a big enough market for the Rally, then you do become a bit disappointed. I did try the pre-order discussion once even but the dealership kept insisting the 300 Rally would not be brought in…they even confirmed with Honda SA while I was in the salesman’s office.

I fully understand that supply challenges of the 300L because of Covid, but Honda dealers are not saying that about the Rally.

But anyways, call me a traitor or bash me. I respect your loyalty and I feel people like Hardy’s frustration when his passion is not supported by the corporate. I would vote for him as brand ambassador anytime.
I am still not bashing team red, just saying there are alternatives in case your patience runs out.

So, you don't like Honda, that's clear. Not sure why you brought Hardy into your personal rant.   :patch:     He's a big boy, I'm sure he can speak for himself.

Oops, I think you misread.   :eek7:

Really?

Jip, agree with Vis Arend think you must read it again. Nowhere did he bash Honda or Hardy, he just got gatvol off waiting and was told the bike he wanted will not be brought in so bought something ells. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't want to turn this into a storm in a Teacup but the implication is that Hardy is experiencing frustration with Honda. Hardy is the brand ambassador yes but I think it's for Hardy to express his own feelings about Honda if he chooses to  do so and I'm sure he doesn't need someone expressing their own views about his feeling on a public forum on his behalf..... that's all I have to say about this.

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #441 on: September 29, 2021, 12:06:24 pm »

I don't want to turn this into a storm in a Teacup but the implication is that Hardy is experiencing frustration with Honda. Hardy is the brand ambassador yes but I think it's for Hardy to express his own feelings about Honda if he chooses to  do so and I'm sure he doesn't need someone expressing their own views about his feeling on a public forum on his behalf..... that's all I have to say about this.

With all respect, see the post below, clearly the man is experiencing frustration. 

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Yep - I took the time to post the rally notification here just to screw you around.  :thumleft:
No Hardy, no offence meant to you. It’s the dealerships and Honda management that’s got my panties in a twist. I appreciate what you are trying to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I unfortunately have to agree with you that the dealerships do not communicate well Franky B - But at this point, as it stands now, CRF 300 Rally's are coming to SA because of the success they had with the L. It will be in limited numbers though (much like the L) because of the fact that the orders were placed at a time when the market was very unstable and insecure.
I have your name on my list, and much like what happened to PK here, you will get a bike when they come.  :thumleft:

AND, at a later stage he post this

"Spoke to Honda SA again this morning. The following was said:
“Please do not commit on 300 Rally’s or L’s at this time.”
From what I understand there is a situation in Thailand with regard to slower production numbers during these restricted lockdown times.
Honda SA is trying to bring them in but it seems as if the situation is not in their control at the moment.
Sorry for inconvenience I caused.
I posted here what I was told then.
"

I rest my case.   :thumleft:

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #442 on: October 06, 2021, 01:37:06 pm »
Another 300 launched else where in the world.   :eek7:

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #443 on: October 06, 2021, 09:28:41 pm »
Another 300 launched else where in the world.   :eek7:

Lekker  :thumleft: