Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Help! UK National trying to find a visa for moving to SA for marriage to a S Afr  (Read 844 times)

Offline Oggy

Folks, been dealing with the SA Embassy and trying to get info for what visa might be available for my situation. Really struggling to find what I need, any Brits have experience of moving to SA and marrying a SA National? I'm becoming pretty frustrated with it now, can't seem to find good info anywhere and the SA Embassy are less than useless...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:29:26 am by Oggy »

Offline allan.cawood

My mom is a British citizen, she married my dad and got a permanent residency permit and not a visa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1993 Honda CB1000 Super Four Cafe Racer (Shorty)
1994 Honda CB1000 Super Four (Nameless)
1998 Honda CB1300 Super Four Hybrid (Frankenstein Joker) http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241558.msg4605265#new

Offline Oggy

Oh ok, did she marry in SA and then apply for residency?

Offline Aircooled

You don't have to be married to get permanent residency. I did it based on life partner. She got residency and we're still not married. Not sure if that helps you situation though.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Offline Captain Zef

• The Ultimate
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Oudtshoorn / Mosselbaai
An Immigration lawyer will help you out with this.
I used to be called Captain Slow but then i got Zef
Most people say "Be like Elon" or "Be like Bill". I say "Be like Pablo" :biggrin:

Offline allan.cawood

Oh ok, did she marry in SA and then apply for residency?

yes they did get married in SA but not sure when she applied for the residency
1993 Honda CB1000 Super Four Cafe Racer (Shorty)
1994 Honda CB1000 Super Four (Nameless)
1998 Honda CB1300 Super Four Hybrid (Frankenstein Joker) http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241558.msg4605265#new

Offline Oggy

Ok folks, thank you for the info and advice...

Offline DavidMorrisXp

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • YouTube Channel
From what I have seen, you need to apply for a spousal visa as the first step

Be wary of spousal visas as quite often they are issued with "no work" clauses

Thereafter after residing here for 5 years, you can apply for permanent residence, after a further 10 years you can apply for naturalization as a citizen

Maybe applying for a work permit/visa straight off would be a better solution

Offline ktmmer

Your problem sounds like a good excuse to me, not to get married.   

But then the other hand you cannot be happy all your life.  :pot:

Offline TeeJay

This right here........the SA Embassy are less than useless........is the reason you should convince your new to be married wife to move to the UK.....thank me later.

Good luck.

Ja/Nee

The following users thanked this post: meintjies

Offline Oggy

Thereafter after residing here for 5 years, you can apply for permanent residence, after a further 10 years you can apply for naturalization as a citizen

I think I need to either be married to her or have been living long term with her overseas, neither of which I have done. The UK have a marriage visa which facilitates marrying your fiancee and travel to the country on a 6 month visa, but I can't find a similar one in SA.

Offline Oggy

Your problem sounds like a good excuse to me, not to get married.   

But then the other hand you cannot be happy all your life.  :pot:

:imaposer:

Offline Oggy

This right here........the SA Embassy are less than useless........is the reason you should convince your new to be married wife to move to the UK.....thank me later.

Good luck.

I've lived on the Isle of Man for the majority of my life, 5 years in Australia and some few months in the Philippines. I did 3 months in Cape Town and liked it, at 55 I feel like making a go of it with my crazy Xhosa gf, variety is the spice of life, or so they say!

Offline DavidMorrisXp

• Grey hound
    • YouTube Channel

I think I need to either be married to her or have been living long term with her overseas, neither of which I have done. The UK have a marriage visa which facilitates marrying your fiancee and travel to the country on a 6 month visa, but I can't find a similar one in SA.

I have a foreign partner but she took care of her visa and it is a complicated issue, as suggested before an immigration advisor could help

As I mentioned earlier the spousal/life partner visa won't allow you to seek employment

Offline Oggy

I have a foreign partner but she took care of her visa and it is a complicated issue, as suggested before an immigration advisor could help

As I mentioned earlier the spousal/life partner visa won't allow you to seek employment

Eish, looking like a hard slog ahead, thinking maybe a ln immigration agent might be worth a go, cheers...

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
I married a girl from the USA in SA.

After 8 years of living in SA with me, and only getting the 2-year temporary residence permits (that take months to issue and cost a fortune), they still wouldn't grant her a work permit or permanent residence.

So I applied for a Green Card, it was granted within 3 months, and I have now been in the USA for 5 years. I naturalised as a citizen in December.

SA home affairs is a clusterfuck. Good luck  :sip:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline DavidMorrisXp

• Grey hound
    • YouTube Channel
This is who my GF used https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/index.html

Maybe a starting point?

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Actually its a Honda MT5
Oggy,
Best of luck if you can managed that, you see the darkies do not want whities in good old RSA.

My wife is a German citizen. She is with me in RSA now for 9 years legally. We are married now for 4 years. Permanent resident application has been applied  two years ago already, nothing has been heard since. Her last visa (spousal) has been rejected twice, just because "Sipho" can not read properly AND in the cANCer govemunt the left hand got no idea what the right hand is doing.

All that I can say, work through an agency do not try it on your own, have patience, a lot of it and of money, lots and lots of it. Why? Because you work with uneducated self opiniated moronic fucknuts in that cluster fuck Department of INFERIOR. If 'Sipho' is not in the mood of working, your application will be rejected, then you try again then just maybe..........

Why money? My wife's last spousal visa that got rejected twice, cost me R23 000-000 to get approved (Agency & cANCer fees, no bribery)

Now with this C19 Skrikbewind - need I say more?

Oh I can tell you stories, maybe I must write a book.

Best of luck again and Welcome to South Africa

hh

ps. Maybe it could help, get hold of a tin of black paint or that stuff that we use in the old SADF, think it is called 'Black is Beautifull'.

You paint a dark picture sir?

Thought ZA encouraged immigration these days
Born to lose, live to win!!

The following users thanked this post: DavidMorrisXp

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Oggy,
Best of luck if you can managed that, you see the darkies do not want whities in good old RSA.

My wife is a German citizen. She is with me in RSA now for 9 years legally. We are married now for 4 years. Permanent resident application has been applied  two years ago already, nothing has been heard since. Her last visa (spousal) has been rejected twice, just because "Sipho" can not read properly AND in the cANCer govemunt the left hand got no idea what the right hand is doing.

All that I can say, work through an agency do not try it on your own, have patience, a lot of it and of money, lots and lots of it. Why? Because you work with uneducated self opiniated moronic fucknuts in that cluster fuck Department of INFERIOR. If 'Sipho' is not in the mood of working, your application will be rejected, then you try again then just maybe..........

Why money? My wife's last spousal visa that got rejected twice, cost me R23 000-000 to get approved (Agency & cANCer fees, no bribery)

hh

ps. Maybe it could help, get hold of a tin of black paint or that stuff that we use in the old SADF, think it is called 'Black is Beautifull'.

Well said, a dark picture...  :imaposer: :imaposer:

and Silly boy, that is Emmigration.  8)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:30:25 am by Welsh »
Here in Gauteng we have mixed opinions on global warming, it might have drawbacks, but we can sit, dop and watch you lot drown. 😎

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Actually its a Honda MT5
Oggy,

hh

Well said, a dark picture...  :imaposer: :imaposer:

and Silly boy, that is Emmigration.  8)

Ahh they encouraging emigration of the whities...got it. you too clever for me.
Born to lose, live to win!!