Alice in Hondaland: Not-A-Honda-Launch Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ri

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
"Has anyone ever told you you look like Alice Cooper?", Hardy asks Beserker aka Dave.
"Hasn't he been dead for like, 5 years?" Dave (now Alice) asks, non-plussed.
"That's why you look like him", 2StrokeDan teases. We all laugh at the banter.

It's about 09:00 and we're sitting around a table having coffee and Oros, discussing the CRF300L while we wait for the not-a-launch to get going.

I'd asked Dux if he wanted to come along, and he was very keen to be here very early. I of course sensibly told him there's no chance. Kaleo Guest Farm is 2 hours' drive away, I still had to pick him up, and I'm not getting up before 06:00. But insomnia has the last say. After losing the snooze, I reluctantly rise to the occasion, slightly thin-lipped. I drag all my stuff into the car, and phone Donald to tell him I'm on my way. Thankfully they are ready and we get going immediately.

When we reach Kaleo, the day is already hot with beautiful clear blue skies. We are buzzed into the scenic venue, and directed to the Manor, a stately house surrounded by lush lawns and huge trees. Dan and woody1 (Kobus) are here already and I wonder at what hour Kobus left Riversdale to be here so early on his stunning looking Honda XL. Dan rode here on his 701. Dave rolls in soon after us, and more bikes start arriving, many of them Quest contestants dropping in to say hi. Hardy and Chantal are lovely hosts, keeping us refreshed and entertained.

Attachments

• IMG_7186.jpeg
    IMG_7186.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_7187.jpeg
    IMG_7187.jpeg
    454.3 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_7189.jpeg
    IMG_7189.jpeg
    447.5 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_7192.jpeg
    IMG_7192.jpeg