Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly  (Read 54965 times)

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
Re: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2021, 11:15:38 am »
That's why we correct them.

I hope for her that will be the case, hope not her uneducated gullibleness wrt SA will lead to dangerous situations for her....

She is an experienced traveller and have been to many rough places in Eastern Europe and South America. SA/Africa is not such a badass place! ;)

You guys should get out more..
I agree I feel a lot safer in the bush than any major city.
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2021, 11:23:16 am »
its lekker, lost interest in her a while back, but this has renewed it. I chuckled at the last episode where she parked outside the gate and called the owner about accommodation for the night, he didn't sound very happy and said no immediately, and said 'we are not available for your group' but changed his tune after he realized she was a lone female.  :lol8: glad it worked out.

she did the right thing not to go through the Orrie pass, she is touring, not in for a hard time. longevity!
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline BuRP

« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2021, 11:28:06 am »
She is an experienced traveller and have been to many rough places in Eastern Europe and South America. SA/Africa is not such a badass place! ;)

You guys should get out more..

I think you should Frans, for I think that SA's is the only place where the majority of the male population lacks even a smidgen of respect for women!
GBV is rife here, hence my remark.
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2021, 11:38:25 am »
Groblersdal smells like burnt plastic - sounds about right  :imaposer:
J.R.R Tolkien

The following users thanked this post: Lem

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2021, 11:50:26 am »
That's why we correct them.

I hope for her that will be the case, hope not her uneducated gullibleness wrt SA will lead to dangerous situations for her....
I'm guessing it's what everyone here is telling her wherever she stops hence her latest Instagram post. Like her journey, intersting to see the tracks you know being ridden by someone from another country. Lots for her to see and explore. Green hills and mountains of MP, grasslands of KZN, the dry open Karoo and off course the WC which will seem a bit like home.
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2021, 12:15:56 pm »
When I read the above, and then I listen to all the lame ass excuses from the bunch of wimps that are my regular riding group - nb. they are my good friends but they are still a bunch of pussies - who declare so many local roads as no go places - even for a bunch of up to a dozen males - I rejoice for the young lady and despair for male bikers in general.  :'( :xxbah:
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

2021 a milestone. 60 years a biker.

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2021, 12:18:07 pm »
When I read the above, and then I listen to all the lame ass excuses from the bunch of wimps that are my regular riding group - nb. they are my good friends but they are still a bunch of pussies - who declare so many local roads as no go places - even for a bunch of up to a dozen males - I rejoice for the young lady and despair for male bikers in general.  :'( :xxbah:
Easier to sit at home and drink beer while moaning about everything  :biggrin:
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline malmens gerrit

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Tzaneen -- Limpopo
    • OppieOewer Facebook page
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2021, 12:23:55 pm »
its lekker, lost interest in her a while back, but this has renewed it. I chuckled at the last episode where she parked outside the gate and called the owner about accommodation for the night, he didn't sound very happy and said no immediately, and said 'we are not available for your group' but changed his tune after he realized she was a lone female.  :lol8: glad it worked out.

she did the right thing not to go through the Orrie pass, she is touring, not in for a hard time. longevity!

Yeh. I did sound as if I was not very happy , didn't it ? I had just seen off a group of adventure riders I had taken around these mountains the whole weekend. I was tired , and have not yet serviced and cleaned up the chalets by the time she called. When I heard that it was only one person , we quickly made a plan to accommodate her. Not considering the fact that she was a female , but the fact that she was a biker. Never heard of her before thought.
life is too short to play golf

The following users thanked this post: Wild Hearted Son, dirtyXT

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2021, 12:26:38 pm »

Easier to sit at home and drink beer while moaning about everything  :biggrin:
:imaposer: we are intensely unique. must be the water.  :peepwall: :lol8:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 12:28:49 pm by dirtyXT »
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline BuRP

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2021, 12:29:22 pm »
Easier to sit at home and drink beer while moaning about everything

Hei, moenie die donnerse garagepie vergeet nie!
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline Gerrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: Suzuki DR 800S Big
  • Wiff a Sidecar... form Kabega
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2021, 12:30:25 pm »
We could have been reading about Charlie and Ewan. Be thankful.

(Nou kan Danie weer van vooraf opge-rev raak  :lol8: )
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 12:31:21 pm by Gérrard »
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2021, 12:32:17 pm »

Yeh. I did sound as if I was not very happy , didn't it ? I had just seen off a group of adventure riders I had taken around these mountains the whole weekend. I was tired , and have not yet serviced and cleaned up the chalets by the time she called. When I heard that it was only one person , we quickly made a plan to accommodate her. Not considering the fact that she was a female , but the fact that she was a biker. Never heard of her before thought.
:thumleft: happy that it all worked out well. nice to see your place. looks like a good spot to visit.
Bike history:

Offline Fransw

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2021, 12:35:55 pm »

Agree!

Im getting more and more respect for this "little blonde girl" and I just subscribed to her channel.. :thumleft:

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Grey hound
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2021, 01:13:57 pm »

You have an amazing looking place there.  :thumleft:
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Noneking

• Ugly
  • Grumpy Mutt
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2021, 01:19:24 pm »

You have an amazing looking place there.  :thumleft:
Awesome spot and Gerrit will take you on the most amazing rudes in the area!
2021 KTM 890 R Rally
2007 KTM 990 S

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaEGQBgLPqOXz6oGUsauaXw

The following users thanked this post: Mikie

Offline GhostSixFour

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2021, 01:20:04 pm »

Agree!

Im getting more and more respect for this "little blonde girl" and I just subscribed to her channel.. :thumleft:

She needs to work on her U-turns though. Damn near taking up two lanes and the shoulder to make it.

Offline Noneking

• Ugly
  • Grumpy Mutt
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2021, 01:20:06 pm »

Ag nonsens, jy klink altyd so moerig....
2021 KTM 890 R Rally
2007 KTM 990 S

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaEGQBgLPqOXz6oGUsauaXw

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2021, 02:17:52 pm »

Is daar seekoeie by daai rivier ?
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline malmens gerrit

• Pack Dog
  • Tzaneen -- Limpopo
    • OppieOewer Facebook page
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2021, 02:36:21 pm »

Ag nonsens, jy klink altyd so moerig....
Ja ja. Veral as ek so moeg is nę ?
Die ou toppie kan nie meer by hou by Julle jonger klomp nie. Maar ek kan darm steeds die roetes ry. Kort broek en tekkies en al.
life is too short to play golf

Offline BuRP

« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2021, 02:39:30 pm »
Is daar seekoeie by daai rivier ?

Nee, niks nie, jy kan maar gaan swem.
Net oppas vir die crocs ne?