Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly  (Read 52020 times)

Offline Elmer Fudd

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
Re: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly
« Reply #1380 on: October 13, 2021, 11:48:15 pm »
She's gunning it at this stage, doing great with that little 250, kudu's to her.   :deal:

Will have to see what the bike does in the dune sections though.   :patch:

I'd rather be on a nimble 250 than a 200+kg bike in the dunes. I believe it was not that long, not a full stage just a portion of it.
She has travelled round the world solo, I have been around the block a few times in comparison. I ain't gonna criticize.

Always look forward to her uploads.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"
Robert Frost,1874~1963

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1381 on: October 14, 2021, 07:16:22 am »
Must say, this is quite something.

Itchy, on a dead bog standard Honda CRF250L, makes mincemeat out of all that Ready-to-race weaponry around her??
That must have been difficult.

No. She seems to have easily beaten the rally KTM's. :pot:

Offline Noneking

• Ugly
  • Grumpy Mutt
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #1382 on: October 14, 2021, 07:28:28 am »

Itchy, on a dead bog standard Honda CRF250L, makes mincemeat out of all that Ready-to-race weaponry around her??

Ja jy hoor mos sy s sy het selfs van die karre en buggies weggejaag. Vinnige dame die. Jy dink darem nou baie meer van haar as toe sy die moeilikste pas in Afrika gery het..
2021 KTM 890 R Rally
2007 KTM 990 S

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaEGQBgLPqOXz6oGUsauaXw

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1383 on: October 14, 2021, 08:09:26 am »
Well done to her but lets be honest adv bike class is a world apart from a real rally stage, certainly what we have seen so far that was a typical Sunday out ride. I reckon she thinks she is faster than she "really" is  :deal: I would also rather be on a 250 than a big ADV bike, I'm surprised people think a 250 can not do 700km in a day  ???
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #1384 on: October 14, 2021, 08:32:43 am »
Well done to her but lets be honest adv bike class is a world apart from a real rally stage, certainly what we have seen so far that was a typical Sunday out ride. I reckon she thinks she is faster than she "really" is  :deal: I would also rather be on a 250 than a big ADV bike, I'm surprised people think a 250 can not do 700km in a day  ???
Her participants are very amazed at what she is doing. The one guy at the fuel stop could not keep quiet.

He might also have been hitting on her...who knows?

the Truth will offend at first

Offline Noneking

• Ugly
  • Grumpy Mutt
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #1385 on: October 14, 2021, 08:36:12 am »

The ADV class only did the rally route on Day 1. For the rest of the "rally" they rode as spectators on an alternative route only venturing onto actual rally route a few times apparently. More than one person I spoke to reckoned the bigger bikes were the weapons of choice for the adv class. Large distances and very little technical riding.
2021 KTM 890 R Rally
2007 KTM 990 S

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaEGQBgLPqOXz6oGUsauaXw

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #1386 on: October 14, 2021, 08:39:42 am »

For sure, she is not real rally class standard at the mo, still, she improved a hell of a lot, and good for her if she think she is going fast, it can only boost he confidence. 
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

The following users thanked this post: Rynet

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1387 on: October 14, 2021, 08:58:33 am »

For sure, she is not real rally class standard at the mo, still, she improved a hell of a lot, and good for her if she think she is going fast, it can only boost he confidence.
Yes she mentioned she did a lot more off road riding in this series and you can clearly see how she is getting faster and riding with confidence. She is getting addicted to dirt just like us all  :ricky:
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Fransw

« Reply #1388 on: October 14, 2021, 10:26:11 am »

Ja jy hoor mos sy s sy het selfs van die karre en buggies weggejaag. Vinnige dame die. Jy dink darem nou baie meer van haar as toe sy die moeilikste pas in Afrika gery het..

En hoekom het jy nie die Kalahari Rally gedoen nie?  :peepwall:

Miskien  moet ek dit ook aanpak volgende jaar. Met n 250! :thumleft:

Offline chicco

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Never give up.
« Reply #1389 on: October 14, 2021, 10:45:17 am »
The Honda CRF 300 Rally would be the ideal bike. :snorting: with a little bit of extras fitted. or even the 450.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:51:54 am by chicco »
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #1390 on: October 14, 2021, 10:55:04 am »

The Honda CRF 300 Rally would be the ideal bike. :snorting: with a little bit of extras fitted. or even the 450.

Wow. Good looking bike
the Truth will offend at first

Offline MildlyWild

« Reply #1391 on: October 14, 2021, 11:02:13 am »
I reckon Noraly is doing well - definitely way outside her comfort zone.  I've rarely seen much more than 60km/h on her speedo on her normal videos - because she is travelling the world at a safe, relaxed pace while focused on making videos, swopping batteries, using a drone and giving the kind of commentary that appeals to as many people as possible - this is after all her only source of income.
At the rally she is doing 100km/h plus in some places all of a sudden.  But let's admit that she is no Kirsten Landman or Taye Perry  ;D ;D
As a man thinketh, so he becomes...

The following users thanked this post: Vis Arend

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1392 on: October 14, 2021, 11:03:29 am »

Yes, she did increase in ability, and obviously confidence. Quite a step to participate in this sort of ride, even if it is watered down.

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #1393 on: October 14, 2021, 12:02:11 pm »

Yes, she did increase in ability, and obviously confidence. Quite a step to participate in this sort of ride, even if it is watered down.

Sy het nog `n entjie om te gaan, voor sy saam met Oom Charlie en Ewan kan rol...... :peepwall:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline chicco

• Grey hound
  • Never give up.
« Reply #1394 on: October 14, 2021, 12:03:18 pm »
Dan, net vir you.....R85 000.....sien jou daar in 2022.

Offline chicco

• Grey hound
  • Never give up.
« Reply #1395 on: October 14, 2021, 12:06:32 pm »

Sy het nog `n entjie om te gaan, voor sy saam met Oom Charlie en Ewan kan rol...... :peepwall:

K@k man, sy het al 5 continents deur gery finger alleen ......Al wat hulle rol is van die bed af......Charlie can nie offroad ry om sy lewe te red nie, het sy gat op die eerste skof in sy Dakar gesien, en Ewan kan net ry as daar te minste 3 back up bakkies is......
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 12:08:21 pm by chicco »

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #1396 on: October 14, 2021, 12:14:12 pm »

K@k man, sy het al 5 continents deur gery finger alleen ......Al wat hulle rol is van die bed af......Charlie can nie offroad ry om sy lewe te red nie, het sy gat op die eerste skof in sy Dakar gesien, en Ewan kan net ry as daar te minste 3 back up bakkies is......

Hibo daar breek jy my heroes af in `n oogwink....Nog altyd gedink hulle sosiale skedules is te besig anders sal hulle die Romaniacs dominate? :peepwall:
Onbeskof om te se n dame ry vinger alleen deur 5 kontinente.... :peepwall:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 12:16:49 pm by Altie7deLaan »
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline chicco

• Grey hound
  • Never give up.
« Reply #1397 on: October 14, 2021, 12:29:57 pm »
 :imaposer:

Offline Wooly Bugger

• A sensitive soul
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #1398 on: October 14, 2021, 12:34:44 pm »
 :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
This is not life or death. It is an internet forum.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1399 on: October 14, 2021, 12:46:05 pm »
 :imaposer: :imaposer:  Fok weet, Chicco, daai is nou snaaks!! :imaposer: