Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly  (Read 53489 times)

Offline malmens gerrit

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Tzaneen -- Limpopo
    • OppieOewer Facebook page
Re: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2021, 02:49:28 pm »
its lekker, lost interest in her a while back, but this has renewed it. I chuckled at the last episode where she parked outside the gate and called the owner about accommodation for the night, he didn't sound very happy and said no immediately, and said 'we are not available for your group' but changed his tune after he realized she was a lone female.  :lol8: glad it worked out.

she did the right thing not to go through the Orrie pass, she is touring, not in for a hard time. longevity!

Yeh. I did sound as if I was not very happy , didn't it ? I had just seen off a group of adventure riders I had taken around these mountains the whole weekend. I was tired , and have not yet serviced and cleaned up the chalets by the time she called. When I heard that it was only one person , we quickly made a plan to accommodate her. Not considering the fact that she was a female , but the fact that she was a biker. Never heard of her before thought.
Is daar seekoeie by daai rivier ?
Twee Dae na Noraly hier gery het , was daar weer ń paar seekoeie hier. die naweek wat verby is ,was die proudly meerkat groep hier , en hulle het ook die seekoeie gesien..
Hulle beweeg op en af in die rivier , en ons Sien hulle darm so af en toe. Die res van die tyd , swem ons maar waneer ons hulle nie Sien nie.
life is too short to play golf

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2021, 04:00:34 pm »
@malmens gerrit did you have a chat with her? Maybe suggest some routes? How does she go about deciding on where to go and what to visit?
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline malmens gerrit

• Pack Dog
  • Tzaneen -- Limpopo
    • OppieOewer Facebook page
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2021, 11:07:50 am »
@malmens gerrit did you have a chat with her? Maybe suggest some routes? How does she go about deciding on where to go and what to visit?
We did chat for a while yes. Although she did most of the talking.
I offered to take her on our scenic route , but she declined. Firstly because she rides solo only , and does not want company when on the bike. Secondly , she had to spend the day working on her video editing , after she accompanied me in the vehicle to go look for our raft that had washed away during the flooding that night. I have an idea some of that footage will be in her next video.
She keeps her travel plans to herself , and does not reveal her next destination , although she did mention that she was going to Graskop the next day.
Seems like she has a basic idea of where she wants to go , and then plans a route to get her there the day before.
life is too short to play golf

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2021, 12:10:28 pm »
Wise lady picking a Honda  :thumleft:
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

The following users thanked this post: Lem

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2021, 12:18:39 pm »
very smart travelling tactics, probably learnt the hard way. single lady should never telegraph her direction, aside from the dangers, it would completely ruin the solo experience having a waiting party at every stop. like charlie and ewan had.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2021, 12:25:30 pm »
We did chat for a while yes. Although she did most of the talking.
I offered to take her on our scenic route , but she declined. Firstly because she rides solo only , and does not want company when on the bike. Secondly , she had to spend the day working on her video editing , after she accompanied me in the vehicle to go look for our raft that had washed away during the flooding that night. I have an idea some of that footage will be in her next video.
She keeps her travel plans to herself , and does not reveal her next destination , although she did mention that she was going to Graskop the next day.
Seems like she has a basic idea of where she wants to go , and then plans a route to get her there the day before.
Did you need to give permission to appear on Youtube ? :biggrin:
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2021, 12:34:26 pm »
Too bad she did not know about Offroad Cycles
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Fransw

« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2021, 10:36:30 pm »

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2021, 09:07:00 am »
very smart travelling tactics, probably learnt the hard way. single lady should never telegraph her direction, aside from the dangers, it would completely ruin the solo experience having a waiting party at every stop. like charlie and ewan had.

The "waiting party" is who's enabling her to do her travelling. Perhaps we could all refrain from riding until she's left SA, so as not to spoil her solo riding experience?

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2021, 09:45:45 am »

The "waiting party" is who's enabling her to do her travelling. Perhaps we could all refrain from riding until she's left SA, so as not to spoil her solo riding experience?
I am sure she will head your way eventually, get your welcome banners and rusks ready. I am sure she would be delighted. or it sounds like, she will find another way just to avoid you. clever lady.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2021, 10:01:41 am »
I usually post my planning a ride here on the forum and have never battled with crowds of people and pit lane dollies waiting for me with a cold beer at the end of the day.  Not sure why it's an issue for her.
If youth but knew...if age but could.

Henri Estienne

Offline fixit

« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2021, 10:04:21 am »
I usually post my planning a ride here on the forum and have never battled with crowds of people and pit lane dollies waiting for me with a cold beer at the end of the day.  Not sure why it's an issue for her.

You don't sport a vagina :laughing4:
Happiness is not getting what you want, but appreciating  what you already have.

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2021, 10:07:33 am »

But he did ride a yamaha?

Offline Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2021, 10:10:37 am »

I did find this, um, cat in Klaarstroom though  :ricky:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 10:11:14 am by Dorsland »

Henri Estienne

Offline Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2021, 10:12:36 am »

Ek gaan @2StrokeDan jou adres gee as jy jou nie gedra nie @OomD  :lol8:

Henri Estienne

Offline Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2021, 10:18:45 am »

But seriously, all this fawning and drooling over a girl on a bike?  If I look at all the female adventure rider, sailing-the-deep-blue-ocean and camper-life-guy-drags-his-girlfriend-along-to-boost-views-and-income vlogs on YT,  there isn't much difference between my bucks in breeding season and the average guy here.  :peepwall: :pot: :lol8:

@subie ek dink jy moet vir mama 'n mooi bikini koop, jou selfoon film kundigheid verbeter en 'n paar flieks op YT pos. Jy gaan ryk word my maat.  Dan kan jy daai dwelmsmokkelary vir eens en vir al los en die see in vaar.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 10:19:45 am by Dorsland »

Henri Estienne

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2021, 10:29:46 am »

Ek gaan @2StrokeDan jou adres gee as jy jou nie gedra nie @OomD  :lol8:
Ek voel veilig, sy 701 is mos eintlik 'n KTM... sal hy dit maak Pretoria toe? :lol8:

Offline Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2021, 10:32:15 am »
Hy ry mos soos 'n ou antie, hy sal seker daar uitkom. Sal net laaaaaaaank vat.

Henri Estienne

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2021, 10:36:11 am »
Hy ry mos soos 'n ou antie, hy sal seker daar uitkom. Sal net laaaaaaaank vat.
:imaposer: :ricky:

Offline Lem

« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2021, 01:54:53 pm »
I am really enjoying the episodes. Her editing is of high quality and I respect what she is busy with. She also picked the right bike for her adventure.

Some of the things I want to say have been mentioned on previous pages. The only thing that really bothered me, probably because I am a father of a little girl is the insert where she walks the streets of Joburg between the guesthouse & Fire It Up. Now I know and read everything she says about fear and living without fear but she did not know or realise how dangerous the situtation really was. Pretty, blond girl walking around with a backpack and a very expensive camera on a stick does and will attract the wrong crowd to a very easy target. She can write about living fearlessly all she likes but it takes just two armed, uneducated savages in a taxi to stop next to her and change the game completely. I feel that FireItUp could have done more to provide her with a lift during the transaction.

It's a different danger to simply riding the countryside on a 250 scrambler. She has much more control over this than walking to and from a guesthouse in Joburg.

In the meantime I really wish her well and I am looking forward to her informative content.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 01:57:50 pm by Lem »
Faith is not knowing what the future holds, it's knowing who holds the future