Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly  (Read 65640 times)

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
Re: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly
« Reply #1520 on: October 19, 2021, 07:06:22 am »
SOme farmer must have been da moer in after they unscrewed that gate off the pole  :imaposer:

That's for sure.   :lol8:   

A few years ago I also travelled for hours on a marked gravel road, coming from Namibia.  All of a sudden there was this gate, only one in miles, I stopped to open it only to found it was locked.  Well, I had a Leatherman with me.   :patch:  I think it is fair to say there is a farmer da moer in with me.   :eek7: :biggrin:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1521 on: October 19, 2021, 07:19:42 am »
meanwhile that stage 3 was hectic..not just for her but the philip and whoever else..at end of episode were a couple of outtakes of her eating sand ..lol..huuuuuge respect even on my ex drz or ctx i would not have made that 100 odd kms...the rally raid side of the kalahari is a bit lack of organisation though..locked gates , abandon part of route due to gates..fuel issues ..part of route on same track but opposite direction to cars ....hmm i presume actual rally was not effed like that (i hope)

First find out if she was actually even on any "rally" route in the first place.

She is not unknown for inflating stories somewhat. She is an internet earner after all, and has to be "innovative" in capturing and holding fans' admiration. It is what earns her the money.

Follow the money. :snorting:

Offline madmax

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Rotax (all models)
  • I may be MAD but it MAX no difference
« Reply #1522 on: October 19, 2021, 07:35:06 am »
meanwhile that stage 3 was hectic..not just for her but the philip and whoever else..at end of episode were a couple of outtakes of her eating sand ..lol..huuuuuge respect even on my ex drz or ctx i would not have made that 100 odd kms...the rally raid side of the kalahari is a bit lack of organisation though..locked gates , abandon part of route due to gates..fuel issues ..part of route on same track but opposite direction to cars ....hmm i presume actual rally was not effed like that (i hope)

First find out if she was actually even on any "rally" route in the first place.

She is not unknown for inflating stories somewhat. She is an internet earner after all, and has to be "innovative" in capturing and holding fans' admiration. It is what earns her the money.

fair shout ..i presumed she was on route due to comment that gps still shows them on track and fact she wasnt alone but with a few other people....and the surprise did not seem feined....i wouod agree in normal scheme of her travels but in this case i presumed she was on nail...i guess the old adage about assume can apply to both you and me in this case..1 correct and 1 incorrect
fornicate the proletariat

Offline 51Mobile

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #1523 on: October 19, 2021, 07:49:14 am »

The route was right - direction, less so.

The GPS track did not provide direction, Road books have a number of merits, this being one of them. Another is where the GPS shows a straight line, the eye sort of sees similar, the right hand responds accordingly, over 100 the subtle nuances of the track in the distance are less obvious, and it is only when a wash away, tree, rock, donga or similar is almost under your wheels that you realise straight may not mean racetrack clear.
Current bikes: 1977 BMW R100RS, 2016 BMW GSA, 2021 KTM 890 Rally

Offline madmax

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Rotax (all models)
  • I may be MAD but it MAX no difference
« Reply #1524 on: October 19, 2021, 08:13:38 am »

The route was right - direction, less so.

The GPS track did not provide direction, Road books have a number of merits, this being one of them. Another is where the GPS shows a straight line, the eye sort of sees similar, the right hand responds accordingly, over 100 the subtle nuances of the track in the distance are less obvious, and it is only when a wash away, tree, rock, donga or similar is almost under your wheels that you realise straight may not mean racetrack clear.

good point thank you ..never thought about direction on that
fornicate the proletariat

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1525 on: October 19, 2021, 08:16:46 am »
She went from being confused when she got to a gate to taking it apart with Honda tool kit very quickly on her Southern African trip  :lol8: That was quick thinking !
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline evansv

« Reply #1526 on: October 19, 2021, 09:37:49 am »
Sub
DT 125, GSX 750 ES, XJ 900, KX 125, YZ 250, WR 200, RMX 250 (280 kit), FZ-6, 2006, DT 125 LC (rear ended by Fortuner - written off), DT200R (current), KTM 625 SXC (sold), KTM 690 Enduro R (current)

Offline Fransw

« Reply #1527 on: October 19, 2021, 09:57:03 am »
She went from being confused when she got to a gate to taking it apart with Honda tool kit very quickly on her Southern African trip  :lol8: That was quick thinking !

I think the Honda toolkit is designed with that purpose in mind!  :lol8: The South African Honda toolkit anyway..

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #1528 on: October 20, 2021, 12:42:20 pm »
It seems, from her FB page, that this afternoon's video will whow her and the bike taking a bit of a beating in the heat and huge dunes of the Kalahari.

She was, or if she wasn't so were many other ready to race riders.  It wasn't actually her who took off the gate.  Didn't you watch the episode prior to commenting?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 12:45:02 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #1529 on: October 20, 2021, 01:51:15 pm »

She was, or if she wasn't so were many other ready to race riders.  It wasn't actually her who took off the gate.  Didn't you watch the episode prior to commenting?

Someone call the burn unit...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 01:52:01 pm by Grunder »
the Truth will offend at first

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1530 on: October 20, 2021, 04:42:20 pm »

Someone call the burn unit...

No need. I never mentioned a gate........ :biggrin:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1531 on: October 20, 2021, 04:48:02 pm »
Is absolutely nobody going to take these rogue riders out for unhinging farm gate, in order to trespass on private land????

Come on guys, we are not criminals?

:pot:

Offline Lord Knormoer

• Knight Kevlar: Order of the Alu Pannier
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #1532 on: October 20, 2021, 05:45:03 pm »
Is absolutely nobody going to take these rogue riders out for unhinging farm gate, in order to trespass on private land????

To be specific they took the gate apart to leave the private land, not to enter. Thatís different :imaposer:

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #1533 on: October 20, 2021, 05:56:35 pm »
If they were on the correct route that gate should have been open as organized by the race officials?
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1534 on: October 20, 2021, 09:04:28 pm »

To be specific they took the gate apart to leave the private land, not to enter. Thatís different :imaposer:

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline fixit

« Reply #1535 on: October 20, 2021, 10:06:35 pm »
Dan, you got to watch stage 4. You can skip on the blue pills. lots of heavy breathing to get you all worked up.. :laughing4:
Happiness is not getting what you want, but appreciating  what you already have.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1536 on: October 20, 2021, 10:14:55 pm »
Dan, you got to watch stage 4. You can skip on the blue pills. lots of heavy breathing to get you all worked up.. :laughing4:

I just watched stage 4.

It's impossible not to like her.

Note, like her, not love her, as Grunder does. :biggrin:

Grunder is Noraly's boyfriend, only she doesn't know that yet. :biggrin: :peepwall: :pot:

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #1537 on: October 20, 2021, 10:49:04 pm »

I just watched stage 4.

Note, like her, not love her, as Grunder does.

Grunder is Noraly's boyfriend, only she doesn't know that yet. :peepwall: :pot:
Oh now I'm your target

Be careful I have a degree in human behaviour. I might just say you are projecting your own feeling for her to me.

I still need to watch Stage 4. Clearly your the bigger fan...

2StrokeDan and Noraly sitting in a tree....
the Truth will offend at first

Offline Three Dawg

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1100GS
  • Foreign Dog
    • Our big African Adventure
« Reply #1538 on: October 20, 2021, 11:28:44 pm »
'kin 'ell, 77 pages? :biggrin:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1539 on: October 21, 2021, 07:26:59 am »

I just watched stage 4.

Note, like her, not love her, as Grunder does.

Grunder is Noraly's boyfriend, only she doesn't know that yet. :peepwall: :pot:
Oh now I'm your target

Be careful I have a degree in human behaviour. I might just say you are projecting your own feeling for her to me.

I still need to watch Stage 4. Clearly your the bigger fan...

2StrokeDan and Noraly sitting in a tree....

A degree in human behaviour, and you're so nasty to me?? :biggrin:

Watch stage 4, she cannot get up a mole hill. :pot: