Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly  (Read 80913 times)

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
Re: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly
« Reply #1580 on: October 25, 2021, 02:13:36 pm »
her riding skills has inproved no ends since she arrived in Joburg bought something lighter & manageable

Fxd!  ;)

Well I watched her fall over after a short ride on a bit of beach sand in an earlier episode, same bike. Remember the guy with Piss Pot helmet and plakkies.

Yip, but then she was fully loaded with all her gear and luggage, makes a hellova difference.   :deal: 

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

Offline dieseldawie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • I like to drink lots of beer
« Reply #1581 on: October 25, 2021, 02:18:59 pm »
her riding skills has inproved no ends since she arrived in Joburg bought something lighter & manageable

Fxd!  ;)

Well I watched her fall over after a short ride on a bit of beach sand in an earlier episode, same bike. Remember the guy with Piss Pot helmet and plakkies.

Yip, but then she was fully loaded with all her gear and luggage, makes a hellova difference.   :deal:

So are you all saying that her riding skills have not improved a lot, or all looking for excuses not to say that?
Where are my shorts??

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #1582 on: October 25, 2021, 02:44:11 pm »

Fxd!  ;)

So are you all saying that her riding skills have not improved a lot, or all looking for excuses not to say that?

:eek7:  Maybe improve on your reading skills.   :biggrin:   :pot: 

I said numerous times that she improved a lot since she started this journey, at the same time it is true that there is a vast difference between riding a bike fully loaded and not, you can't compare the two.     :deal:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #1583 on: October 25, 2021, 02:46:13 pm »
Sure as hell she is a way better rider than me on sand!!
Respect  :3some:

Offline 51Mobile

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #1584 on: October 25, 2021, 02:53:03 pm »
If she gets onto a 450 or similar, all hell will break loose!

Noraly is absolutely fearless, impressively competent, and has enough red mist for a battalion behind those tjek me tjek you back goggles.
Current bikes: 1977 BMW R100RS, 2016 BMW GSA, 2021 KTM 890 Rally

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #1585 on: October 25, 2021, 04:09:55 pm »
Ek sien elke dan en wan duik hier so klompie seksuele innuendos op in die storietjie.  Noraly en daai diamantwag dalk so ietsie gedoen.  Noraly en haar mater met die bussie dalk bietjie gekarfoefel.  Nou ja, dit is natuurlik moontlik, maar dit het my laat wonder ....

Al hierdie WD bashes, soos die Thumper Bash.  Klink of daar heelwat thump .... thump ... thump ... kon gebeur het.  So, manne vertel .... enige down under storietjies tussen julle daar in die tentjies?  Veral julle wat so twee-twee saamry ... thump ... thump ...  Uit daarmee!   :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline AntVan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • I am the Zipslayer! Hear me zzzzzzzzp!
« Reply #1586 on: October 25, 2021, 04:21:04 pm »
Stage 6 was really impressive to see. So she rides hard enough to break a Honda's subframe! And melt a neat little hole through an indicator at the same time! Wonder how many keyboard warriors would finish this rally.
I don't always drop my bike, but when I do, I prefer to drop her in front of a crowd

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #1587 on: October 25, 2021, 04:36:44 pm »
Enjoyed Stage 6 myself.  She was clearly up to her eyes in adrenalin most of the ride.  Poor little 250! 

Fxd!  ;)

I also watched her fall over during that beach ride.  Then I also watched her ride many more thousands of kilometers, much of it in thick sand.  I also saw her fall over a few more times.  I saw her fit aggresive new knobblies to the bike.  More importantly, I saw her riding skills improve all the time.  I take my hat of to her.

Well done Noraly and Savanah!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 04:37:53 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: Elmer Fudd

Offline Fransw

« Reply #1588 on: October 25, 2021, 04:43:03 pm »
Hats of to her!  :thumleft:

We will see her in SA again soon, she love this place!...

Offline BuRP

« Reply #1589 on: October 25, 2021, 05:20:41 pm »
So she rides hard enough to break a Honda's subframe

No worries, you can do that too: put hard luggage on or a fuel-pack, and tails will break off  :thumleft:
Soft luggage & fuel bladders were not invented for nothing, as they do not deliver hammer-blows to your bike hence are softer to the metals  ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 05:21:26 pm by BuRP »
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline AntVan

• Race Dog
« Reply #1590 on: October 25, 2021, 06:02:32 pm »
So she rides hard enough to break a Honda's subframe

No worries, you can do that too: put hard luggage on or a fuel-pack, and tails will break off  :thumleft:
Soft luggage & fuel bladders were not invented for nothing, as they do not deliver hammer-blows to your bike hence are softer to the metals  ;)

At my current weight I can break a Honda by just sitting a bit back
I don't always drop my bike, but when I do, I prefer to drop her in front of a crowd

Offline Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #1591 on: October 25, 2021, 06:28:56 pm »
Ek sien elke dan en wan duik hier so klompie seksuele innuendos op in die storietjie.  Noraly en daai diamantwag dalk so ietsie gedoen.  Noraly en haar mater met die bussie dalk bietjie gekarfoefel.  Nou ja, dit is natuurlik moontlik, maar dit het my laat wonder ....

Al hierdie WD bashes, soos die Thumper Bash.  Klink of daar heelwat thump .... thump ... thump ... kon gebeur het.  So, manne vertel .... enige down under storietjies tussen julle daar in die tentjies?  Veral julle wat so twee-twee saamry ... thump ... thump ...  Uit daarmee!   :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Hulle noem dit nie verniet die "Thumper" Bash nie. :peepwall: :biggrin:
Let us look at ourselves, if we have the courage, to see what is happening.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Offline chicco

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Never give up.
« Reply #1592 on: October 25, 2021, 07:18:57 pm »
Season 6 Itchy Dakar. :peepwall: would like to see her on a 450 Honda Rallye bike.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 09:37:55 am by chicco »
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1593 on: October 25, 2021, 07:25:49 pm »
Stage 6 was really impressive to see. So she rides hard enough to break a Honda's subframe! And melt a neat little hole through an indicator at the same time! Wonder how many keyboard warriors would finish this rally.

She'll still have to learn to not break equipment.

None of us would have finished that Rally, Antvan, it was clearly just way too difficult and gruelling.

You are at the stage of admiration for this girl that she can start asking donations to enter Dakar.

Offline AntVan

• Race Dog
« Reply #1594 on: October 25, 2021, 07:54:26 pm »
Dan, Dan, Dan. Some guys did finish the rally on big bikes. You must maybe spend less time on the forum and check your facts. Assuming what I am ready for is also a sign of your own internal issues, more than mine.

Yes, she has a lot to learn still. But she is building real experience. I'm not sure what I am building that is useful engaging on this forum. A wee blonde lassie on a 250 certainly is entertaining, especially when she giggles upon falling over.

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment - Rita Mae Brown

The following users thanked this post: Elmer Fudd

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #1595 on: October 25, 2021, 08:36:36 pm »
Must be same subframe as 650L  :peepwall:
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Elmer Fudd

« Reply #1596 on: October 25, 2021, 09:19:22 pm »
Dan, Dan, Dan. Some guys did finish the rally on big bikes. You must maybe spend less time on the forum and check your facts. Assuming what I am ready for is also a sign of your own internal issues, more than mine.

Yes, she has a lot to learn still. But she is building real experience. I'm not sure what I am building that is useful engaging on this forum. A wee blonde lassie on a 250 certainly is entertaining, especially when she giggles upon falling over.

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment - Rita Mae Brown

The deep breathing had me hook line and sinker, haha.  ;)
Aside from that, even though it was not a race she raced herself, and frankly carried a good pace from what was shown on the clips in her edits, and opted to at least try it all on a lil Honda 250L nogal.
She finished and good for her for doing so.  :thumleft:
I wish I had her experience of riding on multiple continents solo on a bike for months on end.
Hope she does come back this way one day. Thoroughly enjoyed her vlog here in Southern Africa

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"
Robert Frost,1874~1963

The following users thanked this post: Rynet, Tom van Brits

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #1597 on: October 26, 2021, 07:03:52 am »
Sounds like the rally bug has bitten her good and proper!

She's got some vasbyt and isn't immune to the red mist, both excellent traits. I wouldn't be surprised if she finds a way to get into the rally class somewhere on a slightly bigger bike.
Somedays, life's like a middlemannetjie.

Offline Wild Hearted Son

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
  • Sandton
« Reply #1598 on: October 26, 2021, 07:17:30 am »
Sounds like the rally bug has bitten her good and proper!

She's got some vasbyt and isn't immune to the red mist, both excellent traits. I wouldn't be surprised if she finds a way to get into the rally class somewhere on a slightly bigger bike.

I agree, I think the bug has bitten her quite hard.
"...I was born to the city
But I longed to roam free..." - The Cult, Wild Hearted Son, 1991

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #1599 on: October 26, 2021, 08:30:01 am »
She should go train with Poskitt and do a series on it, furthermore, a series of the duo tackling adventures and rallies ala Races 2 Places would be entertaining, their strong individualism may scupper that idea though.
It's the end of the road as we know it and I feel fine.