Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly  (Read 80703 times)

Offline Ri

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Ri Bikermouse
Re: Guess who I just bumped into ?...............Noraly
« Reply #1840 on: December 05, 2021, 10:18:24 am »
Watching Noraly and some others getting kitted out really stirs a mixed bag of feelings. I mean, here's a poor dork with his gear all falling apart and long past it's life span, and it's only because   guys like me somehow scrape together our meagre pennies to buy replacement kit that enables an elite few to be supplied with the very best for free.

But then when the steam stops coming out my ears, I start to think that they actually do more to earn their free gear than I ever will. Way the system works I'm sure, but it still leaves me sorrowful about my tatty 'make do' riding gear, and hand-down or home made luggage and fixtures. :'(

Mods, move to 'rants' possibly.  ;) :biggrin:

My stuff is also all pre-"loved-up" because with all my falls; I can't afford new replacements all the time.

If you were posting pictures from all corners of the globe wearing their posh kit, I'm sure they'd give you a little something to say "thanks" and draw more eyes. Since you ain't - stop your bellyaching and go ride :ricky:

The following users thanked this post: husky

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1841 on: December 05, 2021, 10:23:23 am »
Watching Noraly and some others getting kitted out really stirs a mixed bag of feelings. I mean, here's a poor dork with his gear all falling apart and long past it's life span, and it's only because   guys like me somehow scrape together our meagre pennies to buy replacement kit that enables an elite few to be supplied with the very best for free.

But then when the steam stops coming out my ears, I start to think that they actually do more to earn their free gear than I ever will. Way the system works I'm sure, but it still leaves me sorrowful about my tatty 'make do' riding gear, and hand-down or home made luggage and fixtures. :'(

My stuff is also all pre-"loved-up" because with all my falls; I can't afford new replacements all the time.

If you were posting pictures from all corners of the globe wearing their posh kit, I'm sure they'd give you a little something to say "thanks" and draw more eyes. Since you ain't - stop your bellyaching and go ride :ricky:

In a way, it is part of the growing "curse" that fame is bringing Noraly, someone whom I gathered is more of a loner than fame-type.

She will end up being nothing but a moving advertisement board. :thumleft:

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #1842 on: December 05, 2021, 01:00:14 pm »

Ouch... Ri :eek7:  :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #1843 on: December 06, 2021, 11:43:34 am »

Well, ja.  Life can be such a bitch.  VR46 got a bloody hand build Yamaha R1 from Yamaha on retirement.  I got a R2k gift voucher.   >:D  :lol8:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Numsch

« Reply #1844 on: December 06, 2021, 01:44:51 pm »

Well, ja.  Life can be such a bitch.  VR46 got a bloody hand build Yamaha R1 from Yamaha on retirement.  I got a R2k gift voucher.   >:D  :lol8:

Consider yourself lucky with the 2k voucher!
2019 KTM 790 Adv R

Offline Ri

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Ri Bikermouse
« Reply #1845 on: December 06, 2021, 02:01:53 pm »

Hehe - you probably ride more than the rest of us thrown together, gear or not gear. I bet in distance you've circled the globe a few times.

In a way, it is part of the growing "curse" that fame is bringing Noraly, someone whom I gathered is more of a loner than fame-type.

She is probably free to refuse, but it is also nice to get good stuff for free. And she is making videos anyway and wearing her own branded kit :P

Offline Wooly Bugger

• A sensitive soul
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #1846 on: December 06, 2021, 02:32:49 pm »

Well, ja.  Life can be such a bitch.  VR46 got a bloody hand build built Yamaha R1 from Yamaha on retirement.  I got a R2k gift voucher.   >:D  :lol8:

fixed it for you.
This is not life or death. It is an internet forum.

Offline BuRP

« Reply #1847 on: December 06, 2021, 02:58:03 pm »
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline ETS

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R
  • Die Punda van Prieska
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1849 on: December 06, 2021, 04:42:17 pm »

Hehe - you probably ride more than the rest of us thrown together, gear or not gear. I bet in distance you've circled the globe a few times.

She is probably free to refuse, but it is also nice to get good stuff for free. And she is making videos anyway and wearing her own branded kit :P

Any girl should know there is no such thing as a free dinner. :biggrin:

Offline madmax

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Rotax (all models)
  • I may be MAD but it MAX no difference
« Reply #1850 on: December 07, 2021, 08:22:18 am »
so as per latest episode on utoob viewed last night ..the young lady and her scoot went to uk, crated scoot and now in souf amerika in ecuador ..ready almpst to ride
fornicate the proletariat

Offline Numsch

« Reply #1851 on: December 07, 2021, 08:44:46 am »
so as per latest episode on utoob viewed last night ..the young lady and her scoot went to uk, crated scoot and now in souf amerika in ecuador ..ready almpst to ride

I was quite impressed how quick and easy the process was to crate and ship the bike!
2019 KTM 790 Adv R

Online Odd Dog

« Reply #1852 on: December 07, 2021, 09:03:43 am »
Working through shipping agents it should be a breeze, not to mention the cost.
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #1853 on: December 07, 2021, 09:21:09 am »

I also believe her setup wont last for much longer. Guessing there is levels in this and she will soon be a victim of that success. Be that good or not I dont know.
Examples being the charles chacon dude, he did some great touring vids, then also got pulled into advertising, did some harley stuff and now I dont even know where he is.
And to some extend Lyndon as well, did big trips, but I doubt he will do another, his business of prepping Dakar bikes and being Husky ambassador will end that.

Guessing its the natural progression
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #1854 on: December 07, 2021, 09:25:52 am »

I wonder if we'll soon see Itchy Boots branded toasters?
Let us look at ourselves, if we have the courage, to see what is happening.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Offline Numsch

« Reply #1855 on: December 07, 2021, 10:20:58 am »

Imagine the price of an Itchy toaster considering what her other merchandise is selling for! The Austrian toaster will be a bargain in comparison!  ;D
2019 KTM 790 Adv R

The following users thanked this post: Dorsland

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #1856 on: December 07, 2021, 02:58:49 pm »

Would not surprise me.

Offline Plaasseun

« Reply #1857 on: December 08, 2021, 12:19:05 pm »
Ai komaan kerels ons is darem nie meer in matriek nie, ek kan maar net my kop skud vir sommige van die comments in hierdie thread. Toon ten minste respek vir die dames wat ook op die forum is wat hier lees. Dankbaar dat niemand vir Noraly vertel het van wilddogs nie  :(
LeŽ vaatjie hou toe jou kraan en ek sien jou dalk vir 'n volle aan.

The following users thanked this post: TheBear, ETS, ClemS, m0lt3n, OomD, Tom van Brits

Online Noneking

• Ugly
  • Grumpy Mutt
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #1858 on: December 08, 2021, 05:02:01 pm »
Ai komaan kerels ons is darem nie meer in matriek nie, ek kan maar net my kop skud vir sommige van die comments in hierdie thread. Toon ten minste respek vir die dames wat ook op die forum is wat hier lees. Dankbaar dat niemand vir Noraly vertel het van wilddogs nie  :(
SÍ ek ook!
2021 KTM 890 R Rally
2007 KTM 990 S

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaEGQBgLPqOXz6oGUsauaXw

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #1859 on: December 08, 2021, 07:33:03 pm »

Dankie