Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Pan America - the best Harley by far?  (Read 3443 times)

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
Re: Pan America - the best Harley by far?
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2021, 12:27:45 pm »
In short, I had 30 min to ride the bike and quite frankly it was the most fun I have had on a bike in a long time, 140 horses and a megaton of torque... stable as a Abraham's tank and as nimble as a Springbok. I never once felt that the bike was overpowering me and would seriously consider it if I had the means to own one.
What impressed me most was the adaptive suspension, the moment I stopped it dropped so that I could put both feet down, plus it feels lighter than it looks.
Harley did a good job on design and have achieved the aim to get the weight low and the use of ultra light materials has also helped.
I can see why the Yanks are buying it... demand has outstripped production from what I was told. The S I rode with all bells and whistles sells for mere R420,000.00. :sip:
I did not fiddle with all the switches and knobs... I am sure it would satisfy the average gadget geek as well... I rode it in road mode and that was fine for this old git. :thumleft:

Did I mention it has key less ignition? Felt weird not turning the key... ;D

Forgot the most important bit... the build quality is awesome. :deal:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 12:31:29 pm by RobC »

The following users thanked this post: IceCreamMan, zebra - Flying Brick, Bundu, Tom van Brits, @offroad

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2021, 01:13:33 pm »
In short, I had 30 min to ride the bike and quite frankly it was the most fun I have had on a bike in a long time, 140 horses and a megaton of torque... stable as a Abraham's tank and as nimble as a Springbok. I never once felt that the bike was overpowering me and would seriously consider it if I had the means to own one.
What impressed me most was the adaptive suspension, the moment I stopped it dropped so that I could put both feet down, plus it feels lighter than it looks.
Harley did a good job on design and have achieved the aim to get the weight low and the use of ultra light materials has also helped.
I can see why the Yanks are buying it... demand has outstripped production from what I was told. The S I rode with all bells and whistles sells for mere R420,000.00. :sip:
I did not fiddle with all the switches and knobs... I am sure it would satisfy the average gadget geek as well... I rode it in road mode and that was fine for this old git. :thumleft:

Where was this?
the Truth will offend at first

Online zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S3354.712 E01828.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2021, 01:31:35 pm »
Harley Pan-American shown here rocking some Giant Loop luggage - we did not outfit the bike, but reckons it looks good/fit for purpose!
Cheers
Chris
DYLAN 021 510 6455        bike@flyingbrick.co.za  
NICKY 021 510 6455            service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455             web@flyingbrick.co.za
BEN 021 510 6455           sales@flyingbrick.co.za 
WERNER 021 510 6455   orders@flyingbrick.co.za
WHATS APP:                    067 278 1893

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2021, 03:00:24 pm »

Where was this?
Para club out at Tempe.
Andrew may still have a slot. 0824637431

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2021, 03:19:01 pm »

Where was this?
Para club out at Tempe.
Andrew may still have a slot. 0824637431
Nee daai bike sal my platval

Plus ek kan nie in die dorp doodgevang word nie
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 03:19:27 pm by Grunder »
the Truth will offend at first

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2021, 03:45:30 pm »
Bloemfontein... contact Andrew, he may still have a test slot for you.

Offline Elmer Fudd

« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2021, 10:42:55 pm »

:happy1:

Entertaining, but riddled with bad decisions.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 11:31:36 pm by Elmer Fudd »
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"
Robert Frost,1874~1963

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2021, 04:23:44 am »
Saw two guys riding together here in the States in Kansas and I can honestly not say it is ugly in the flesh because it's not or maybe I need new spects  :lol8:
The quality parts, fit and finish is I would dare in a class of it's own.
No this is not a trails bike, but I would happily take it where I took my Explorer years ago on the ground SA.
This is a touring bike that can do gravel roads well.
If I could have afford it, including everything else that includes ownership like insurance and services an absolute yes.

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2021, 03:21:16 pm »
Any wilddog HDPA owners yet?
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Online zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S3354.712 E01828.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2021, 03:26:54 pm »
not a WD, but Joe, owner of MetalHeads (Cape Town) - our next door neighbor HD and INDIAN Dealer, bought one a month back, so far we have fitted some accessories to it - as mentioned by others, fit & finish is very good indeed, and the bike is not ugly in the flesh, despite all those internet pics of a plankton-feeding whale with it's mouth agape - seriously, a good-looking bike.

Cheers
Chris
DYLAN 021 510 6455        bike@flyingbrick.co.za  
NICKY 021 510 6455            service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455             web@flyingbrick.co.za
BEN 021 510 6455           sales@flyingbrick.co.za 
WERNER 021 510 6455   orders@flyingbrick.co.za
WHATS APP:                    067 278 1893

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2021, 04:39:04 pm »
Any wilddog HDPA owners yet?
We still have to win the Lotto... :sip: :lol8:

Offline Noneking

• Ugly
  • Grumpy Mutt
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2021, 05:47:18 pm »
2021 KTM 890 R Rally
2007 KTM 990 S

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaEGQBgLPqOXz6oGUsauaXw

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2021, 02:36:13 am »
Interesting video
I personally think it is just a very cool dirt highway cruiser and nothing wrong with that if that is your thing.
I kinda like it
In real life it looks very good