Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: CRF1000 DCT wheel lockup  (Read 12505 times)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: CRF1000 DCT wheel lockup
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2021, 07:16:10 pm »
This remind me of the curious incident of the bike journalist killed on the launch of the watercloset GS range, when something, no one knows up to date, on the bike gave way, or broke off, causing the rider

to be killed.

Here Honda is taking an interest, I remember in the case of the BMW, the crashed wreck was whisked away by BMW, never to be seen again.
Daan die geloofwaardigste verduideliking van daai ongeluk is dat die ruiter sit en vroetel het aan die te veel knoppies op sy handlebars en pad verlaat het na links.Geen meganiese oorsaak kon gekry word.

Hy was nie en is ook nie die enigste en laaste ruiter ooit wat afgekyk het na knoppies of gps en pad verlaat het of dwars geklap deur n middelmannetjie.Dit gebeur gereeld ongelukkig. :(

Aha, let's not forget that this dead rider initiated what became known as the BMW crimping saga, where the crimping can let go on the front steering and the suspension fall apart.

Did they not found his bike with front suspension that fell apart? :deal:

This is not BMW bashing, it is quite related to a front wheel lock-up thread......
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 07:17:10 pm by 2StrokeDan »

Offline XRRX

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2021, 07:38:18 pm »
I cannot see a front wheel lock-up on account of faulty electronics!!! It's just a hydraulic system with an ABS system coupled to prevent just that!!!
There must be a rather simple explanation for more than one factor that came together and almost killed a person, just glad the rider is ok!!!
At least this thread is a fresh breeze on all the T7 vs 790 schoolboy fights... :peepwall:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2021, 07:47:35 pm »
I cannot see a front wheel lock-up on account of faulty electronics!!! It's just a hydraulic system with an ABS system coupled to prevent just that!!!
There must be a rather simple explanation for more than one factor that came together and almost killed a person, just glad the rider is ok!!!
At least this thread is a fresh breeze on all the T7 vs 790 schoolboy fights... :peepwall:

Yes, this is an old-toppie fight....... :pot:

Offline Psycho Porra

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Sworn To Fun and Loyal To Rum
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2021, 07:50:35 pm »
Sterkte Gary.
KTM990, DRZ400E

"The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all"

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2021, 07:58:49 am »
This remind me of the curious incident of the bike journalist killed on the launch of the watercloset GS range, when something, no one knows up to date, on the bike gave way, or broke off, causing the rider

to be killed.

Here Honda is taking an interest, I remember in the case of the BMW, the crashed wreck was whisked away by BMW, never to be seen again.
Daan die geloofwaardigste verduideliking van daai ongeluk is dat die ruiter sit en vroetel het aan die te veel knoppies op sy handlebars en pad verlaat het na links.Geen meganiese oorsaak kon gekry word.

Hy was nie en is ook nie die enigste en laaste ruiter ooit wat afgekyk het na knoppies of gps en pad verlaat het of dwars geklap deur n middelmannetjie.Dit gebeur gereeld ongelukkig. :(

Aha, let's not forget that this dead rider initiated what became known as the BMW crimping saga, where the crimping can let go on the front steering and the suspension fall apart.

This is not BMW bashing, it is quite related to a front wheel lock-up thread......
Speculation, when it involves the death of a person, is just off-color.

The following users thanked this post: TheBear

Offline Stof Gogga

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2021, 07:04:01 pm »
hi all, home at last...

Typing with one hand, so excuse the grammar, capitals and all that bs.

We were just coming of the dirt, not sure is abs was on or off, doesnt matter, front abs cant be switched off on a AT CRF1000.
I have enough skills not to grab a handfull of front brakes while still accelerating.  :ricky: and no home repairs were done  :bueller:
The front tire made that mark, I had no say in the width :)  :imaposer:
I also didnt have an epileptic fit or a blackout. Trust me, I remember every painful second from the moment I realized 'hier kom groot kak' to the end where I was full of blood on my hands. LEATHER gloves just tore off. Shattered wrist and broken rib, ATGATT prevented further blood and injuries.

I am in contact with Honda SA, they will be investigating once I get the bike back to GP next Sunday.
Will keep you updated.

JUST GLAD I CAN POST THIS RESPONSE TODAY. PRAISE GOD

Kappit Flou

Offline skydiver

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • Free as a bird
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2021, 07:38:20 pm »
Beste wense vir 'n spoedige herstel.
Hoop van harte dat Honda kan uitvind wat die oorsaak was.

Offline aswatas

• Pack Dog
  • Ride it like u stole it!!!
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2021, 08:45:59 pm »
Thanks Gary,jy gaan bietjie buite aksie wees vir n wyle...bly jy is ok mannnnnn..mis jy jou 990?

Sent from my SM-A205F using Tapatalk

XRV 750
KTM990R
Moto Guzzi 850T3
Some old plastics

Offline Jakkals

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • I never get lost, I only discover new roads
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2021, 09:36:50 am »
Ek hoop van harte hier kom 'n antwoord want tot dan gaan ek maar met 'n swaar hart verder ry met my AT alhoewel dit die eerste geval is waarvan ek weet.

Ek glo en hoop dit was 'n frats hetsy die rede, dom vraag maar kon die caliber of disc nie dalk los gekom het nie, ek weet die manual sÍ duidelik dat die boute vervang moet word indien daar aan die calibers en disc gewerk word, dan was daar ook al 'n geval waar calibers los gekom het omrede die ouens nie met die PDI die transporting bolts vervang het met die regte boute wat los saam met die fiets kom nie.

En  ja ek stem saam met wat Danie sÍ, gelukig is Honda nie bang om betrokke te raak nie wat heel anders is as wat ek al in die verlede op ander fabrikate gesien het.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 09:40:45 am by Jakkals »
Remember that hapiness is a way of travel - not a destination.

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2021, 09:40:01 am »
Ek hoop ook ons kry 'n duidelike antwoord Jakkals, ek ry ook nie lekker op die oomblik op my AT nie!

Offline Roadhawg

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2021, 09:41:27 am »

JUST GLAD I CAN POST THIS RESPONSE TODAY. PRAISE GOD

***WHOLE COMMENT REMOVED BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE CANT TAKE A JOKE AND I DON'T APPRECIATE BEING CENSORED.***
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 03:23:19 pm by Roadhawg »
Stu
1290 SA-R

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline aswatas

• Pack Dog
  • Ride it like u stole it!!!
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2021, 09:41:49 am »
Ek sal julle posted hou,Gary dryf dit tans met Honda.

Sent from my SM-A205F using Tapatalk

XRV 750
KTM990R
Moto Guzzi 850T3
Some old plastics

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2021, 11:51:47 am »
Was the front brake still locked after the accident ?
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2021, 12:58:48 pm »

to be killed.

Now you are pushing it Danie.  There are quite some years between this rider who crashed and passed away and the crimping saga.  Connecting the two is like the ANC blaming Jan van Riebeeck for all their woes.  It is BMW bashing since you have no idea if this relates to a wheel lock up saga.  The owner of this Honda was injured and may well have died.  Show some respect and go piss on BMWs elsewhere.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2021, 01:26:55 pm »

to be killed.

Now you are pushing it Danie.  There are quite some years between this rider who crashed and passed away and the crimping saga.  Connecting the two is like the ANC blaming Jan van Riebeeck for all their woes.  It is BMW bashing since you have no idea if this relates to a wheel lock up saga.  The owner of this Honda was injured and may well have died.  Show some respect and go piss on BMWs elsewhere.

Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

trevo

« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2021, 02:27:12 pm »
If the calipers were covered with mud and prevented the free movement of the brake pads from the discs, this can generate heat build up and eventually lock up, only speculation, let`s wait for the ooms with the dik brille and wit jasse`s opinion.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 02:31:47 pm by trevo »

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2021, 02:36:20 pm »

to be killed.

One final question; Except for saying that there was nothing wrong with their machine >:D, BMW never released their report on the bike to the press, despite several attempts to get them to do so.

So, no, I am not pushing it. In fact, you are, covering up for these scanivers.

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2021, 02:48:19 pm »

to be killed.

One final question; Except for saying that there was nothing wrong with their machine >:D, BMW never released their report on the bike to the press, despite several attempts to get them to do so.

Perhaps there was nothing wrong with their machine.  Not everybody that crashes is because of a fault on the bike.  You and I both know that.  Anyway, let us not high jack this thread.  There are many others on how kak you think a BMW is.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline ETS

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2021, 02:53:08 pm »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 03:11:23 pm by ETS »
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2021, 05:56:40 pm »

to be killed.

I think you have a valid point Danie. It is very strange that the report has not been made available