Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: DRZ400E Fuel Consumption?  (Read 282 times)

Offline Crispie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
  • Need a Concrete Deck? PM me!
    • Voidcon
DRZ400E Fuel Consumption?
« on: March 10, 2021, 05:25:46 pm »
I am new to the DRZ. Mine is very thirsty compare to other bikes I owned. What is expected fuel range on them?

Offline the ruffian

Re: DRZ400E Fuel Consumption?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 09:47:26 am »
Right, so mate of mine has one and when we ride together ( like old ballies) on mostly gravel he gets 20-22kpl, while I get 23+ kpl on my DR 650.

Both bikes have stock carbs, and unadulterated air-boxes...

How modified is yours, and what mileage are you getting?

Offline NevMcGyver

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Exhiliarating !!
    • Half-Lieut
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 03:21:42 pm »
I like to keep such when it comes to fuel consumption as it tells me lots about myself as well as my bikes.

According to my records, my DRZ400E gave me an average over the 10 years I rode her, of 17.5 km/l. This includes off-road and road riding. Off-road, anything from gentle scenery viewing cruising to dicing others around dirt tracks. Road riding was cruising at anything up to 110 km/h. Last couple of months I changed the rear sprocket to achieve an improvement in cruising speed - which brought the consumption down quite a bit.
I'd say you ought to be able to achieve between 16 and 18 km/l with "not too hooligan" off-road riding - with standard carb setup.
I ride for transport.. I ride for sport.. Ag wat.. I ride just coz I can!

Current rides: BMW F800GS + Kawasaki KDX250 (awaiting engine rebuild)
Previous rides: Yamaha DT250; Kawasaki Z750L1; Yamaha XS400 Special; Suzuki DRZ400E - (excluding my "Fifty" & One-two-five Yammie)

Offline AlanDoyle

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Certified Motorcycle Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 08:07:33 am »
Hi, I ride a DR650, stock std. I ride it pretty gently at around 80 up to 100km/h approx. I use it mainly on tar roads with the occasional dust road ride. My fuel consumtion is averaging 22km/liter.