Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Palma in Moz gets attacked  (Read 5103 times)

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Mozambique militant attacks
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2021, 06:21:52 am »
Have read of a few SA Contractors up there getting caught up in it, one an SA Man was shot dead

This is madness, Why is no action being taken?
Total stands to lose a lot here, why arent they funding defences?
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Online Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 06:28:44 am »
Have read of a few SA Contractors up there getting caught up in it, one an SA Man was shot dead

They say it's their policy, not to get involved in armed conflict.    :eek7:    BS, I say. 

But there is hope, SA will be sending their troops to the area.   :eek7: :eek7: :lol8: :peepwall:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2021, 06:47:45 am »

They say it's their policy, not to get involved in armed conflict.    :eek7:    BS, I say. 

But there is hope, SA will be sending their troops to the area.   :eek7: :eek7: :lol8: :peepwall:

With the delayed reaction I can only picture a lambs to the slaughter scenrio  :patch:
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2021, 06:51:01 am »

With the delayed reaction I can only picture a lambs to the slaughter scenrio  :patch:

Lambs aren't that round.  ::)
The guys say they can do a Pistol on their 3D printer, not impressed I have had a cannon printer for years.

Offline Bie

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2021, 07:08:20 am »
Other than attacking a coastal town in Mozambique, what are the capabilities of Al-Shabab, do they pose a threat to SA, given the sate of our military? If SANDF gets involved, will it have the potential for retaliatory attacks to spill over into SA?
Kom ons maak 'n stoffie.

Offline Battlestar

• IF IM NOT HERE IM ON MY BIKE
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
Re: Palma in Moz gets attacked
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2021, 07:10:27 am »
School Mate of mine was Killed in Fridays attack.

RIP Adrian Nel  :'(
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 07:11:00 am by Battlestar »
Pass this way once!

Offline frankmac

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Singer (all models)
  • You want my what??
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2021, 07:13:54 am »
Seems like the Palma attack have left dozens dead. Many was fortunate to be evacuated alive, others not. Anyone with first hand news?

Why was Al-Shabab tolerated up until now, why were they not confronted months ago?

The Moz military are an absolute shambles and bolt at the sound of a shot.

My question is what are SA Mil Intel doing up to now seeing the reports are they have been embedded with the Moz. military?

The only guys to have made a small impact is Dyck Advisory Group but with a few choppers in the air they are not going to accomplish much.

Other than attacking a coastal town in Mozambique, what are the capabilities of Al-Shabab, do they pose a threat to SA, given the sate of our military? If SANDF gets involved, will it have the potential for retaliatory attacks to spill over into SA?

There are SA's in the Al-Shabab ranks. They will definitely pose a problem back home.

Offline Battlestar

• Grey hound
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2021, 07:14:12 am »
School mate of mine was killed in Fridays attack on the hotel. They were in the escaping convoy

Pass this way once!

Offline Battlestar

• Grey hound
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2021, 07:22:51 am »

They are a terrorist organization and I bet with sleeper cells, recruits already active in SA. In my opinion with there unconventional methods they pose a huge threat to SA. If the SANDF get involved and they deem SA a target 3,2,1 suicide bombings etc etc. The possibilities are frightening but very real. This is a major escalation in Southern Africa and weather we like it or not the west is going to have to get involved...  I still believe with the right funding there are large elements of the SANDF, SAAF and Navy that could be effective against them but at what cost on retaliatory terrorist attacks.
Pass this way once!

Offline TheHamster

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2021, 07:44:24 am »
They are a direct threat to the stability of our region, and a joint military effort should have been engaging these terrorists when they first emerged up there.

Enough pussy - footing around, they will only grow in strength and numbers, and as stated above, will eventually filter into our country soon enough. That was one of the initial threats they gave, that should SA get involved they'd bring their efforts in SA.

Diplomacy doesn't work with terrorists.

Sent from my vivo 1820 using Tapatalk

Never hesitate to take that ride. Ride safe, ride often and ride far. The soul demands it.

All men die, but not all men live......

Offline Dux

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2021, 08:11:59 am »
They are a direct threat to the stability of our region, and a joint military effort should have been engaging these terrorists when they first emerged up there.

Enough pussy - footing around, they will only grow in strength and numbers, and as stated above, will eventually filter into our country soon enough. That was one of the initial threats they gave, that should SA get involved they'd bring their efforts in SA.

Diplomacy doesn't work with terrorists.

Sent from my vivo 1820 using Tapatalk

The only diplomacy with them is being at the receiving end of a 7.62
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline Dux

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2021, 08:14:06 am »

Have the guys that killed Collins Khosa right in front alongside the minister of defence
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline LouisXander

• Elephant fighter
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Old man with Elephantine motorcycle
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2021, 08:35:48 am »
Isis and El shabab already in Mamelodi busy with extortion rackets, they're here, we just sitting with an ostrich approach government.
Don't dress for the ride, dress for the fall!

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline Battlestar

• Grey hound
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
Pass this way once!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Online Edgar

• Local Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1050 Adventure
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2021, 09:40:07 am »

:imaposer:  All that our troops will do is ensure that everyone wears a mask, and to have sex with the PB's

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2021, 09:47:18 am »
I believe our special forces are still a force to be reckoned with? The invading militia is thought to be only 100 strong, should be a quick op. The most likely outcome is that a private force will be recruited in order to claim political anonymity.
It's the end of the road as we know it and I feel fine.

Offline steveindar

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Eish!
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2021, 10:06:18 am »
School mate of mine was killed in Fridays attack on the hotel. They were in the escaping convoy

Sorry to hear. RIP

Sent from my TECNO CF8 using Tapatalk

COVID KILLS SADDLE TIME!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

XRV750 Africa bike, KTM 525EXC plastic Africa bike, BMW1150GS Civilization bike; TY250Z Footup's ??? VFR750 Potential off-road hooligan bike!

Online Edgar

• Local Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1050 Adventure
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2021, 10:35:28 am »
I believe our special forces are still a force to be reckoned with? The invading militia is thought to be only 100 strong, should be a quick op. The most likely outcome is that a private force will be recruited in order to claim political anonymity.

I am certain that should we send an expeditionary force it will only be made up of SAI soldiers.

Offline Oubones

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2021, 10:51:07 am »

My condolences to his family and friends, not good.
Dakar 650
SR 500