Noob rider advise needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toni

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I am a Noob rider of about 10 Years,  :laughing4:

Only got into biking at about 50 years young, 1st Bike Yamaha 660R (owned for about 6 months and 30 to 40 thousand KM) , 2nd KTM 990 Adv (bought new 2009) and have just sold it, over 100 000km all trouble free and mostly long multiday trips, never used to commute.

Now almost 60, and want to slow the pace down a bit. Not sure what route to take, so taping in to the vast knowledge and experience on the forum. 

On the one side the idea is to go BMW GS1200, still very pillion friendly, comfortable and capable for long multi day trips. The idea is to still do gravel, but not technical routes.

On the other hand, get 2 smaller bikes, about 250 to 400cc and a trailer. This way my GF can ride her own bike and on far trips we can trailer the bikes.  Also capable of doing solo long trips, but at a s-l-o-w-e-r pace.

I do love longer multiday trips and often have done this solo, but I am vertically challenged, and have had quite a few birthdays, so was thinking of calming things down a bit.