Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: long weekends  (Read 290 times)

Offline NEON DEON

long weekends
« on: April 06, 2021, 08:40:35 am »
For me long weekends is time to escape , I am self employed and therefor cant just close shop and go away , ( self explanatory) so when the opportunity is there Like to make full use of it , Easter weekend past we could not go away as I had a birth day long weekend just 2 weeks ago , Now there is another at the end of the month, 4 days , but have no idea where to go , I had for a long time gone to Sabie to ride the mountains , but have that shirt , and then we started to go down to the South coast , but as much as I like the route and road , the destination has become boring , we end up doing the same thing over and over at the same places .
So plan C for this up coming long weekend could be a 4 day tour , ride  find a place to stay , ride the next day again and so on , problem is I dont know a direction to take , Zulu land has always been fascinating , but not sure where to go . and long days in the saddle is not uncommon to me , 600 ks easy peasy ride .
Any suggestions would be welcome . I am aware I have asked this same question on occasion , but if its not asked , no answers given  ,

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
Re: long weekends
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 08:43:16 am »
From what I have read and seen on WD you cannot go wrong with Swaziland. :deal: :thumleft:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline NEON DEON

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 09:14:45 am »
PASSPORT EXPIRED  :eek7: , and with covid lockdown level , they are not renewing , so will have to travel our own country

Offline GhostSixFour

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 09:23:26 am »
PASSPORT EXPIRED  :eek7: , and with covid lockdown level , they are not renewing , so will have to travel our own country

Passport renewals are open again as far as I know.

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S3354.712 E01828.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 01:07:26 pm »
yes, passport renewals are 'open'; we had an employee apply for his 2 weeks back, short turn-around time, too!

Chris
bike@flyingbrick.co.za CHRISTOPER L 021 510 6455  service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455
sales@flyingbrick.co.za ANDRE 021 510 6455
orders@flyingbrick.co.za WERNER 021 510 6455
info@flyingbrick.co.za CHRIS G

Offline Roadhawg

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 01:21:16 pm »
Clarens?   Lekker little town, lots of tar and dirt riding around there, down to Drakensberg backpackers area etc and even down to Nottingham road if the feeling take you.

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 01:26:28 pm »
Lesotho ,........ not so far and will keep you very busy in a small place.

From the best tar roads in Africa to the biggest rocks in Africa. And a whole lot in between.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!