Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: XLADV Viaje Por Agua  (Read 1625 times)

Offline fudgypup

Re: XLADV Viaje Por Agua
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2021, 04:45:36 am »
Rained today but still wanted to clean the bike from my last ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fudgypup

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2021, 01:54:10 am »
Jetted back to Cali and took my boy to Hawaii

Started a new remote gig here that I can do anywhere so I fly back to MedellŪn Sep 9 to resume the trip

Now getting ready for my 10th annual High Sierra rally this week

Need to get back quickly!

Offline Wolzak

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2021, 09:32:17 am »
Nice Sun Loungers :biggrin:
Current Bikes
KTM 790 R Rally
Harley Davidson Deuce

Offline fudgypup

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2021, 12:02:41 am »
Great rally here this weekend.  Our tenth year and we raise money for a charity I work with called Motorrad Angels.  About 60 riders.  Harley brought their Pan America and got to try that.  Did a dirt loop at 1:16 and 73 mph average speed.  130 on the pavement and 108 in the dirt was my too speed .  Not a bad bike at all.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2021, 06:35:08 am »
People who ride adventure motorcycles are a different breed.  Itís one of the things that has drawn me to it.  I meet people Iíd never meet in my own neighborhood, at work, etcÖ. They tend to be different in many exciting and unexpected ways.  I now know doctors, lawyers, rocket scientists, Dakar rally legends and even a humble cement worker and war veteran who is probably the best wing man youíd ever want with you on a difficult adventure.

One common thread is that you all get it.  You understand the challenges, setbacks, injuries are ďall part of the adventure.Ē

My latestÖ

https://youtu.be/SeSo92ldEU0

Yes to all sir  :3some:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2021, 06:37:25 am »
Your video was however not working, said it was removed?

Offline fudgypup

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2021, 04:36:34 pm »
I took it down.  I had some thumbs down and itís hard to put myself out there with a personal story just trying to help people avoid the same thing happening to them.

I did an article on it for an adventure magazine and then talking about it with the editor she asks if they can get more pics from Mexico.  Iím like why Mexico?  Well isnít that where you were robbed?  Did you even read what I wrote?  So I just kind of dropped the whole thing.

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2021, 05:15:05 pm »
I took it down.  I had some thumbs down and itís hard to put myself out there with a personal story just trying to help people avoid the same thing happening to them.

I did an article on it for an adventure magazine and then talking about it with the editor she asks if they can get more pics from Mexico.  Iím like why Mexico?  Well isnít that where you were robbed?  Did you even read what I wrote?  So I just kind of dropped the whole thing.

I understand. Sadly the reporters or some are sensation driven and could not care less.
Anyhow, still enjoying your RR  :thumleft:

Offline fudgypup

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2021, 12:59:24 am »
That HD Pan America sure can move!

Offline fudgypup

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2021, 10:10:40 pm »

Good girls get Klim!

Back in Medellin again and working a remote gig.  Borders still closed but opening soon.  Chile wants a negative pcr test, 5 day quarantine, vaccination and special covid health insurance.  No thanks, I already had covid

She got to try a little crf50 at a local track

Did a help tour of Guatape last week

Life is good

Offline fudgypup

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2021, 04:36:14 pm »
Did a nice little two day adventure two up to JardŪn and Jericů this week.

My gf got a Klim Artemis suit which she really likes and this was her first chance to wear it outside of short city rides.  We saw a lot of rain and mud but I was the one who got the most dirty .  Must have been all the mud.

The dirt roads arenít that bad but we came upon a truck carrying construction materials for road maintenance further up that got stuck.  I tried going around but it was a wet muddy trench and the pegs and shifter we digging into the sides of the trench so we decided to back it out.  Didnít take too long but the video is pretty funny.

Sadly no pool this time hence no bikini shots

Offline fudgypup

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2021, 06:58:45 pm »
Photos of rally when I flew home last month.  Harley sponsored it and had their new Pan America there for us to play with.  We raised $3000 usd for Motorrad Angels, a clean water charity I help out with.

The Pan America is a decent first entrant for HD.  Great power, braking, stability.  Like most bikes this size, is best for light off road and great for pavement.  Display is a bit hard to read and Iíd expect a hydraulic clutch.

Had it going pretty quickly on this dirt loop

Offline fudgypup

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2021, 02:33:50 am »
Did a fun tour with some friends recently.  First stop was a hot springs hotel about 4.5 hours ride south to Manizales called Hotel del OtoŮo.  Ride notes for the group said ď11 hoursĒ and since the group was already nearly two hours behind and I had a friend on a rented Kawasaki 300X I decided to just take the highway, arrive early and enjoy the hotel and hot springs.

Group showed up at 8:30 but after they showered, changed clothes and had dinner, none of them had energy to soak in the pools.

Next day we headed up Nevado del Ruiz, a volcano up to about 4,300 meters.  Cold, wet, muddy but beautiful.  Got some great video of some water crossings.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVsWlY0rysv/?utm_medium=copy_link

Made it down to lower altitude and a hotel that was without heat but we made it work.

Next day out a BMW had a throttle issue but we eventually made it to an eco-hotel on Rio la Miel.  They said they hadnít had power in 3 days so there was no cold beer which didnít make me happy but thatís how it is some days.  They had a choice of fish or fish and I chose neither.  Good thing as half the group got sick the next day.  But the river tour was truly amazing!

Like nothing Iíd ever seen.  Really amazing group of people too.

Got back in time to go to a friendís birthday party too

Offline windswept

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2021, 11:52:30 am »
Looks like good fun.  >:D

The following users thanked this post: BullSmit

Offline fudgypup

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2021, 05:07:32 pm »
We were all supposed to do an island trip together but the gf vetoed that

Also got a leaky seal now.  Iíll have to clean it carefully and hope I donít need a new seal.  Seal savers would be a good idea too as this isnít the first time

Offline Clockwork Orange

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2021, 06:53:39 pm »
So glad I stumbled upon this thread. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
When in doubt...grab throttle!!!

Online Noneking

• Ugly
  • Grumpy Mutt
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2021, 09:31:52 pm »
Did a fun tour with some friends recently.  First stop was a hot springs hotel about 4.5 hours ride south to Manizales called Hotel del OtoŮo.  Ride notes for the group said ď11 hoursĒ and since the group was already nearly two hours behind and I had a friend on a rented Kawasaki 300X I decided to just take the highway, arrive early and enjoy the hotel and hot springs.

Group showed up at 8:30 but after they showered, changed clothes and had dinner, none of them had energy to soak in the pools.

Next day we headed up Nevado del Ruiz, a volcano up to about 4,300 meters.  Cold, wet, muddy but beautiful.  Got some great video of some water crossings.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVsWlY0rysv/?utm_medium=copy_link

Made it down to lower altitude and a hotel that was without heat but we made it work.

Next day out a BMW had a throttle issue but we eventually made it to an eco-hotel on Rio la Miel.  They said they hadnít had power in 3 days so there was no cold beer which didnít make me happy but thatís how it is some days.  They had a choice of fish or fish and I chose neither.  Good thing as half the group got sick the next day.  But the river tour was truly amazing!

Like nothing Iíd ever seen.  Really amazing group of people too.

Got back in time to go to a friendís birthday party too

Nice pics!
2021 KTM 890 R Rally
2007 KTM 990 S

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaEGQBgLPqOXz6oGUsauaXw