KZN - Old roads, New Buddies - Week 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
One ride done, hopefully a few more to come .

---------------------------------------------
7th December - valley of 1000 hills.
---------------------------------------------

A ride, even if it is along roads you have ridden in the past, becomes a brand new ride with new buddies.

And a brand new ride needs a report ? 

That was the case on Sunday when customrv and Ms. customrv took the bait of my "planning" thread. A long discussion the day before and we decided to meet at the Harley shop in Gilletts - a common meeting place for rides on various bikes in various directions.

As customrv claimed that he had not ridden much gravel with a pillion on his Battlestar Aprillia Caponard, and he was nervous as to the after effects of a Saturday Night Party, we decided on a late start and an easy 100Km cruise down in the valley visiting some of my favourite spots that they had not been to.

It retrospect he need not have been too concerned. If he had a hangover I did not notice any symptoms, and for a gravel newbie he surely knew how to steer a few tons of bike and pillion (tons of bike, not pillion that is  ;D ) around the valley twisties with what seemed to me like great expertise. 

Some picks of spots the KZNers may recognise.

Started off on the Comrades route and then down into the valley at Inchanga.

Valley20081207001_post.jpg

Here we found a number of people on a soccer field near "Mamba Gorge" watching a canoeing event.

If you look carefully you can see people carrying canoes up the hill - are they crazy or what ?

Valley20081207002_post.jpg

A shabeen in then valley often frequented by the guys on plastics who often ride this part of the valley.

Valley20081207004_post.jpg

From there over Nanda mountain to the "Mphophoma" falls near Inanda Township '

Valley20081207005_post.jpg

Up onto Mtabatula. Looking over the Mgeni (just below the wall) towards the Kloof side of the river.

Valley20081207008_post.jpg

Overb Inanda dam towards Nanda mountain

Valley20081207010_post.jpg

Valley20081207011_post.jpg

Thanks for a lekka ride folfs - lets do some more !