Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Hero X Pulse 200  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Rossdog

Hero X Pulse 200
« on: April 13, 2021, 02:27:23 pm »
I watched a segment on The Bike Show recently, and did a test on a rather uninspiring looking Hero 150. I did a quick Google search on the brand, and saw that they also have a dual purpose model called the X Pulse. This got my interest, especially the version with the Rallye Kit - Upgraded suspension, etc. The standard X Pulse sells for around R40K, brand new. I have no idea what the Rallye version goes for.

Apparently Hero are the biggest bike manufacturers in the world, producing about 6500 bike per DAY!

Please don't laugh, but I'm actually thinking of getting one. I do a daily round commute of about 80km (half on a gravel road), and this is done either with my old Hilx 4x4x SFA, my newer Hilux Revo 2.4 4x4x, or my GSA 1150. The running costs of the 2 bakkies are high, and even the GS, if you take tyre wear into account - I only get about 4000km on a rear tyre (no idea why  :biggrin:) is quite high. The X Pulse achieves a claimed 49.01km/litres! That's incredible. Even if it is out by 10%, its still incredible.

I did a quick calculation and worked out that even if I broke my golden rule of never financing a bike, if I financed it, insured it, and maintained it, I would save more than R2000/month if I use it instead of my SFA Hilux.

Does anyone have any experience with these bikes? I guess not, as the brand is relatively new to SA.
'69 Model.

Offline dirtyXT

Re: Hero X Pulse 200
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 02:34:21 pm »
I have been looking at alternate brands as well, there is a lot of value of you step out of the big 4. small bikes are more fun. how did the hero 150 feel?
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline LouisXander

• Elephant fighter
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Old man with Elephantine motorcycle
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 02:35:53 pm »
Ag nee fokit Ross, have you Google hero honda? Have you seen how many bikes they have sold worldwide, not local or in Africa alone, worldwide??

Buy it, I'm also looking at one as a small bike.
Don't dress for the ride, dress for the fall!

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 02:50:54 pm »
Best thing about buying a bike like this is, I'll get to keep my KTM 300 and GSA 1150.
'69 Model.

Offline BuRP

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 02:55:27 pm »
The standard X Pulse sells for around R40K

That's %$#@& expensive!
It should sell for just under R20k according to a recent article (on this forum somewhere), so whoever is selling it for this price is robbing the cradle!

Good bikes btw, they're basically Honda's, buy one with confidence!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:56:19 pm by BuRP »
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline teebag

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 03:07:12 pm »
https://heromotorcycles.co.za/xpulse-200/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 03:08:13 pm »

That's %$#@& expensive!
It should sell for just under R20k according to a recent article (on this forum somewhere), so whoever is selling it for this price is robbing the cradle!

Quoting from ZABikers article. I haven't verified the price. If it less than R40K, it makes it even more of a bargain!
'69 Model.

The following users thanked this post: captain jack

Offline Greeny

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 03:27:05 pm »

Offline Leo

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 03:31:50 pm »
My G/F is also wanting to get into the biking thing.   :thumleft:

Went to "Fire It Up" on Saturday to go check them out.  :ricky:

I am seriously considering the Hero @ R40k.

Compared to a 300 Honda @ R84k, it makes no sense for a novice rider.

I missed sidetracks KLR250 due to absence of mind, but that is now bygone.

Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!

Offline Leo

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 03:33:47 pm »
Quoting from ZABikers article. I haven't verified the price. If it less than R40K, it makes it even more of a bargain!

https://www.zabikers.co.za/2021/02/02/theres-a-new-super-hero-in-town/
Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!

Offline teebag

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 03:39:29 pm »
Price on Website as above R40,999.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 05:22:27 pm »
I watched a segment on The Bike Show recently, and did a test on a rather uninspiring looking Hero 150. I did a quick Google search on the brand, and saw that they also have a dual purpose model called the X Pulse. This got my interest, especially the version with the Rallye Kit - Upgraded suspension, etc. The standard X Pulse sells for around R40K, brand new. I have no idea what the Rallye version goes for.

Apparently Hero are the biggest bike manufacturers in the world, producing about 6500 bike per DAY!

Please don't laugh, but I'm actually thinking of getting one. I do a daily round commute of about 80km (half on a gravel road), and this is done either with my old Hilx 4x4x SFA, my newer Hilux Revo 2.4 4x4x, or my GSA 1150. The running costs of the 2 bakkies are high, and even the GS, if you take tyre wear into account - I only get about 4000km on a rear tyre (no idea why  :biggrin:) is quite high. The X Pulse achieves a claimed 49.01km/litres! That's incredible. Even if it is out by 10%, its still incredible.

I did a quick calculation and worked out that even if I broke my golden rule of never financing a bike, if I financed it, insured it, and maintained it, I would save more than R2000/month if I use it instead of my SFA Hilux.

Does anyone have any experience with these bikes? I guess not, as the brand is relatively new to SA.

Let me know if you get one as I would like to check it out.  :thumleft:
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 05:35:54 pm »
Ross if you can get one buy a Honda 250 Tornado. Would be cheaper and do the job and they are tough as nails you might even try find a place to play along the way home!! ;) :thumleft:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 07:42:13 pm »
It worries me when it is said that a bike is "basically a Honda" but it is half the price.

Think longterm guys, buy a 2nd hand genuine Honda, or a Yammie, Suzuki or Kawa.

The following users thanked this post: RobC, Mapog

Offline LouisXander

• Elephant fighter
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Old man with Elephantine motorcycle
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 07:52:30 pm »
This company has prolly sold more Hero Hondas than Honda has sold Hondas.
Don't dress for the ride, dress for the fall!

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 08:25:36 pm »
I have been speaking to my Boet and mate that both live in New Zealand and I was fortunate enough to see these bikes when I was over there and then when I was back here in SA I started speaking to The Bikers Warehouse as Mike was selling the very popular AFRICA PROOF TVS  Brand of bikes which is the second largest  manufacturer in India with Bajaj the 3rd largest in India.

TVS was the bike Richard Hammond used on The Grand Tour in the "Feed the Nation" episode which he went through the roughest and most torrid roads in Africa Mozambique astride a TVS Star HLX 125 in Mozambique on a delivery bike off which he fell over thirty times with and did not even bend the handle bars let alone break anything on the bike.(Do yourself a favour and go watch it)

Article
https://www.ibtimes.co.in/did-you-know-richard-hammond-rides-indian-bike-grand-tour-season-2-episode-11-760738

Unfortunately Bikers Warehouse only brings in the more fancy TVS 180cc Apache which is a gem too and sells for only R29 999.00.

I then turned my attention to Hero and started corresponding with them and they then confirmed that they were looking to supply South Africa in the near future as this was now a couple of years ago remember.

I recently then watched an episode of The Bike Show where Donovan Fourie reviewed the Eco Deluxe 100cc i3s from Hero and he then went on to share that Fire It Up were bringing the bikes in and were going to be the wholesaler.

I immediately mailed Fire it up and received a mail reply with these bikes below being the list that would be sold and at the following prices, however the bikes were still in the container at customs and no one new when they would be released or received and be ready to be sold as my brother in law wanted one for his son too and I also wanted one to tour Africa with. :biggrin: 

This was the response form Fire it up

1.   The Eco Deluxe i3S featured on the bike show  - R13 999
2.   The Eco 150 - Currently being reviewed by ZA Bikers - R18 999
3.   The Eco 150 TR - On/Off  R19 999
4.   The XPulse 200 - as tested by Dave Cilliers - R39 999
5.   The XPulse 200T - R36 999

Fast Forward yesterday which was 4 weeks later and after enquiring yet again I was told that the x-pulse 200 was available and that the Eco150 was also available  at Fire It Up but the Eco Deluxe 100CC i3s that was reviewed on The Bike Show was still at customs and that the selling price was subsequently reviewed to R16499 from R13999 which is rather sad as the Bargain Price factor of R13999 is somewhat spoilt as inflation seemed to get hold of the bikes in the crate at customs or was it a case of the anticipated demand  created by all the enquiries about these bikes outweighed the supply and hence it suddenly became a potential quick cash cow.  :-[

Be it as it may I am keen to see how this Hero Deluxe i3s 100cc bike with the cloned Honda Cub engine which is also being manufactured by Honda and used in their 2020 Honda CT125 Hunter Cub will perform in the  bike.

Just for clarification Honda separated from their partnership with Hero of manufacturing bikes together under the Hero Honda name brand.

The companies decided to part ways owing to unresolved disputes, and their own plans for the Indian and international markets.
Honda decided to exit the venture by selling its 26% stake to the Munjal family, the owners of Hero.
Hero and Honda separately have their own manufacturing plants in India and supply the Indian market under their own brand names and the rest of the world too with their own products however Hero has continued to use and develop their successful motorcycles and their engines that were developed with Honda when the Hero Honda partnership existed.

As for me,  I would like to get one to ride through Africa or as far as I can get but then again I hope that if this bike is such a winner the importers and retailers don't increase the prices of these motorcycles to the stupid prices of that of the Honda's, Suzuki's  and Yamaha's of the world as it will lose it's identity, edge and key differentiation as the quality and affordable bike for the masses.

Lets see where it goes as I am quite excited but cautiously optimistic though.  :thumleft:

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 08:32:23 pm by Tyre kicker »
It's not the years in your life that count,its the LIFE in your years that count.

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline captain jack

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 08:56:24 pm »

That's %$#@& expensive!

i formally nominate you to go for it and report back :thumleft:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 08:57:31 pm by captain jack »

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2021, 05:36:18 am »
It will beat a scooter anyday.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline onderbroek

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • not a GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 06:19:41 am »
You can also check out Bajaj:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 06:21:01 am by onderbroek »
hak vrystaat

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character