Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Hero X Pulse 200  (Read 2391 times)

Offline BuRP

Re: Hero X Pulse 200
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2021, 11:08:15 am »
Did you buy it from Automark?

Huh?
If so, then such affects the quality of the producing factory?
Amazing!
I learn something here.
Really!

:o
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline BuRP

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2021, 11:17:58 am »
Laat .... n Hero n maand in die weer staan, dan kyk jy hoe lyk n halfprys ding.

Daar's miljoene (m i l j o e n e!) wat precies dit doen in India, dis hoe hulle gewoonlik behandel word, en dis ook nie die droogste land inni wereld nie.
Ek was daar, my eie oe het duisende van die goed oorals gesien..... en roes is nie eintlik iets wat ek onthou nie, wel derduisende neverthoughtof accessories soo liggies, glim-bling ens, tapyte ook soms - maar nie roes nie!
O, die strate was letterlik vol met die goed, mens kan dit nie mis nie, ek het met my Royal Enfield deur daai massa gevleg.

Dis Honda's Dan, 'Honda Hero' staan oppi tenks en panels en en en, en hul kwaliteit is beroemd die wereld oor!  ;)
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2021, 12:35:09 pm »
Laat .... n Hero n maand in die weer staan, dan kyk jy hoe lyk n halfprys ding.

Daar's miljoene (m i l j o e n e!) wat precies dit doen in India, dis hoe hulle gewoonlik behandel word, en dis ook nie die droogste land inni wereld nie.
Ek was daar, my eie oe het duisende van die goed oorals gesien..... en roes is nie eintlik iets wat ek onthou nie, wel derduisende neverthoughtof accessories soo liggies, glim-bling ens, tapyte ook soms - maar nie roes nie!
O, die strate was letterlik vol met die goed, mens kan dit nie mis nie, ek het met my Royal Enfield deur daai massa gevleg.

Dis Honda's Dan, 'Honda Hero' staan oppi tenks en panels en en en, en hul kwaliteit is beroemd die wereld oor!  ;)

On December 16, 2010, India-based Hero Group (Hero) and Japan-based Honda Motor Co. (Honda) signed an agreement to dissolve their partnership, thus putting an end to one of the most successful joint ventures in the Indian automobile industry.

As of 16 December 2010 Honda and Hero dissolved their entire partnership whereby Honda built it's own factory in India and hence from then on all bikes sold by HERO were known as Hero Motorcycles and all bikes sold by HONDA where known as Honda Motorcycles,

Any Honda Hero manufactured before December 2010 can be considered a Honda Collaboration with Hero but thereafter Hero had no more official Honda pedigree associated with it at all and HERO was now on its own as yet another Indian Motorcycle Corporation,

So in a nutshell  a Hero motorcycle is just a Hero and a Honda motorcycle is a Honda legend. ;) :thumleft:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:37:03 pm by Tyre kicker »
It's not the years in your life that count,its the LIFE in your years that count.

Offline LouisXander

• Elephant fighter
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Old man with Elephantine motorcycle
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2021, 02:24:33 pm »
TK, and do you think all of a sudden sub standard material have been used?

Honda motorcycles comes from China nowadays? What's the difference?
Don't dress for the ride, dress for the fall!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2021, 06:29:54 pm »

No, Louis, Hero uses the best materials inthe world, and the best crafsmen to build their bikes.

They then sell each at a huge loss to halve the Japanese prices.

Come on man.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2021, 06:31:21 pm »
Did you buy it from Automark?

Huh?
If so, then such affects the quality of the producing factory?
Amazing!
I learn something here.
Really!

:o

The "Automark" remak was a joke, from a thread elsewhere about kak vehicles bought from Automark.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2021, 07:32:10 pm »
I can recall in the 80's when I got my Z750, taking the same remarks where they told me I'm riding Jap crab.
Now the guys buying the Indian made bikes hear the same arguments.
I have seen hundreds of TVS and Hero all over Africa, Pakistan and Afghanistan as well as Bajaj and they were just as good as the similar sized Jap bikes.

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2021, 08:59:12 pm »
I can recall in the 80's when I got my Z750, taking the same remarks where they told me I'm riding Jap crab.
I have seen hundreds of TVS and Hero all over Africa, Pakistan and Afghanistan as well as Bajaj and they were just as good as the similar sized Jap bikes.

The Z750 was a high quality bike, and only an utmost fool or a old Englishman would call it Japcrap.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2021, 09:17:52 pm »

I think the issue is that these bikes are made to supply a specific market and white, male South Africans are not that market.  We are too finicky and able to afford better, so we scoff at anything we deem below our lofty standards.  Of course, if you can afford a Beemer, or Husky you are right, but for many hundreds of thousands, these cheaper options are life changing and of an acceptable quality.  I also cannot see how any Indian or Chinese manufactures gives a crap about what we white males, in South Africa think of their bikes either.  If each and every one of us went out and bought one tomorrow, they would probably not notice a spike in their global sales.

My wife and I both had Adly quads.  We wanted quads, but couldn't afford more than R50k for both, with kit.  Two 300 Hondas would set us back almost R90k at the time.  After major research, I found that Adly was to Honda in Taiwan, what Hero was to Honda in India.  We bought the two Adlys.  We rode them almost every weekend and after two years problem free we sold them to friends.  They bought two more for their kids so we had four in our quad group.  They never had any issue and that included two Quads for Quads (JHB to DBN) trips. 
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2021, 08:22:37 pm »
I have no problem with, in fact I welcome the Indians building bikes for SA's taxi hostages, but it is when these cheapies is being touted as as tough as Japanese machinery that one has to correct the ignorant.

The Indians specifically, are very savvy with keeping vehicles going with backyard solutions, and being often dirt poor, have no choice either.

In the end however, you always get what you pay for.

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2021, 11:31:03 pm »
I have no problem with, in fact I welcome the Indians building bikes for SA's taxi hostages, but it is when these cheapies is being touted as as tough as Japanese machinery that one has to correct the ignorant.

The Indians specifically, are very savvy with keeping vehicles going with backyard solutions, and being often dirt poor, have no choice either.

In the end however, you always get what you pay for.

When was the last time you looked closely at one of the cheapie Hondas?  The Ace 125, for instance, which is about R12k cheaper than the Hero XPulse. 

Also, a 11th and 14th finish in the Dakar in 2021 is not something that can be denied.     
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:47:20 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline chopperpilot

• Afrikaans...Dis my taal! Engels...Dit verstaan ek ook!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • "Jack of all Trades... Master of Some."
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2021, 05:13:41 am »
I'd rather buy the Suzuki DR 650 SE that was advertised here for R60k.

Yes, it has been withdrawn, but I'm sure a chat to Max Lange with a R55k offer will seal the deal.

The farkles on this DR are worth in excess of R 15k.

Fuel consumption will not be as great as the Hero, but it will have a great resale value.

You will also have a geniune DS, and be able to tour the beautiful Cape in comfort, style and speed, if required.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Current Bikes : KTM 990 R, Yamaha T7 Tenere

End of an Era : Suzuki DR 650 SE, Husqvarna 610 TE, KTM 500 XCW

Offline Fudge

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2021, 07:20:56 am »

Yes, it has been withdrawn, but I'm sure a chat to Max Lange with a R55k offer will seal the deal.

Fuel consumption will not be as great as the Hero, but it will have a great resale value.

You will also have a geniune DS, and be able to tour the beautiful Cape in comfort, style and speed, if required.

Horses for courses. Using your example and all things being equal, if I buy my brand new Hero instead of the DR, the R 15 000-odd I will be saving can buy me an awful lot of fuel for an adventure trip of a lifetime, providing enough memories to last me well into my old age, especially considering the rate at which the Hero sips fuel.

As far as farkles go, keep in mind that the Hero under discussion comes with LED head and tail lights, screen, crash bars, decent aluminium bash plate, integrated turn by turn navigation, both side and main stands, and an electric as well as kick start as standard, not to mention ABS brakes and fuel injection.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:36:42 am by Fudge »
Honda XR125L
Honda XL600R
Honda XR600R
Yamaha TW200

Offline LouisXander

• Elephant fighter
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Old man with Elephantine motorcycle
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2021, 07:32:18 am »
My dad rode his 200cc Gomoto for 30k km without issues, sold it on when his Alzheimers got the better of him, but we don't want to let the Jap bike gods here know about that.
Don't dress for the ride, dress for the fall!

Offline Neo_za

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2021, 07:47:51 am »

I dont know about the comfort part - that DR 650 seat is hard. For R5k more than the price of the Hero ( if you negotiate) you can get this
https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-motorcycles-scooters/other/yamha-xt660r/1009210534760911088304109
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:50:52 am by Neo_za »

Offline miks

« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2021, 10:02:13 am »
I went to Fire it up to see these bikes in person. There are a few bikes in the lineup, aimed at different riders.

A smaller delivery bike aimed at pharmacies, restaurant owners etc. A selling point here is full local spares backup and a warranty of X KM/X years (I did not find out). I sat on the bike and it is much better quality than the big boy/puzey equivalent. I'd consider this over a Chinese scooter for a 16 year old just getting on the road.

The other notable option being the Pulse. It is market as a do it all bike for commuting and adventure. It looks really solid and the price would be a selling point.
I've considered this as a bike for my fiancÚ who wants to get into riding with us locally. There aren't many other options available that justify spending that money on a 'small' bike.

The Pulse is busy being finalised and I was told we can do test rides soon, I will report back once I've ridden it.

Offline chopperpilot

• Afrikaans...Dis my taal! Engels...Dit verstaan ek ook!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • "Jack of all Trades... Master of Some."
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2021, 06:15:34 pm »

I dont know about the comfort part - that DR 650 seat is hard. For R5k more than the price of the Hero ( if you negotiate) you can get this
https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-motorcycles-scooters/other/yamha-xt660r/1009210534760911088304109
Good option.

I own something blue too nowadays

Current Bikes : KTM 990 R, Yamaha T7 Tenere

End of an Era : Suzuki DR 650 SE, Husqvarna 610 TE, KTM 500 XCW

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2021, 07:32:44 pm »
My dad rode his 200cc Gomoto for 30k km without issues, sold it on when his Alzheimers got the better of him, but we don't want to let the Jap bike gods here know about that.

Well, we only need more people here to actually go out and OWN these cheapies, to report back on their experiences.

So, don't hold back guys, let the cheapie bike gods here own those chinkie-dinkies.

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2021, 08:09:10 pm »

Louis I think the basic methods and the materials used is similar in India as they are all sourced from the local steel manufacturers but the quality standards applied in the motorcycle frames built and in the engine build by the Japanese is far more superior than that of the Indian built motorcycles.

Just the pride and quality control standards of the Japanese staff working in India is far superior to that of the Indian staff and the quality standards is simply no more the same as it was before since Hero and Honda parted ways in 2010.

Just compare the quality of a Japanese manufactured Honda motorcycle in India built in a Honda factory such as the Hondas Ace 125  vs the Hero motorcycles manufactured in an Indian factory such as the Hero Eco Deluxe i3s 100cc motorcycle.

The Honda has an exceptional motor covered in a decent quality high heat paint coating with a smooth finish on the engine's and frame's welded metal work whereas the Hero has a high Gloss and some poorly finished engine spray on coating particularly on the cooling  fins of the 100cc cub engine.

Welds on the Honda ACE125 is well finished off and super strong as the welding on the Hero eco deluxe are not too great and definitely not at the standard of the Honda ACE 125 Motorcycle.

The Chinese manufactured bikes that you also mention are in my view about as questionable and substandard as can be and is a discussion not even worthy of discussing in this thread as this is a Honda and Hero motorcycle thread where their inter-dependence and later on their independence of both the Hero and Honda business partnership is discussed and their bikes compared and evaluated accordingly.

I maintain that Japanese manufactured motorcycles are the best quality has to offer for now however I will not discount the Hero Motorcycles until such time as they have had the chance to prove themselves over here and hopefully it will be a pleasant surprise to all of us sometime soon.  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:21:16 pm by Tyre kicker »
It's not the years in your life that count,its the LIFE in your years that count.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2021, 09:28:58 pm »
An example is the much-hyped "built to BMW standards in an Indian factory" GS310.

Most of them just fell over on the showroom floor as the sidestand broke off. ::)