Hero X Pulse 200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rossdog

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I watched a segment on The Bike Show recently, and did a test on a rather uninspiring looking Hero 150. I did a quick Google search on the brand, and saw that they also have a dual purpose model called the X Pulse. This got my interest, especially the version with the Rallye Kit - Upgraded suspension, etc. The standard X Pulse sells for around R40K, brand new. I have no idea what the Rallye version goes for.

Apparently Hero are the biggest bike manufacturers in the world, producing about 6500 bike per DAY!

Please don't laugh, but I'm actually thinking of getting one. I do a daily round commute of about 80km (half on a gravel road), and this is done either with my old Hilx 4x4x SFA, my newer Hilux Revo 2.4 4x4x, or my GSA 1150. The running costs of the 2 bakkies are high, and even the GS, if you take tyre wear into account - I only get about 4000km on a rear tyre (no idea why  :biggrin:) is quite high. The X Pulse achieves a claimed 49.01km/litres! That's incredible. Even if it is out by 10%, its still incredible.

I did a quick calculation and worked out that even if I broke my golden rule of never financing a bike, if I financed it, insured it, and maintained it, I would save more than R2000/month if I use it instead of my SFA Hilux.

Does anyone have any experience with these bikes? I guess not, as the brand is relatively new to SA.