TOOL , TOY , OR PRIZED POSSESION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Watched a training video on grinding , ( riding sideways )  and to train the instructor uses a log , you put your front wheel one side and rear on the other and grind ride past the log , the training is to get one used to riding a rut where one wheel needs to be in a different line to the other .
this got me thinking , we pay big money for our bikes , parts is just as expensive , so is your bike a tool , a toy or prized possession? In my case I am in the prized possession camp , look after it , bike gets washed and polished , even on trips it gets cleaned , always have a lappie to clean it . Been like this forever , bikes and cars .
some owners like to use there adventure bikes in the dirt and dont mind to get them all muddy , Me not that keen . Want to keep it looking as nice for as long a time as I can , Own two wranglers , one 15 years old , one  12 years old , both clean and well cared for , yes I 4x4 them hard , but make sure they are cleaned after , and will drive around mud if I can . But my 1190 a feel sorry for , and Its possibly the last bike I will buy , new ones are just about un affordable .

Where do you stand ?