When it happens close to home you realize that the gear debate is over.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Muzzy

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
My son had one of those accidents where it was simply the wrong place at the wrong time.  One of those where reading the traffic makes sense but it turned out badly.

This accident happened inbetween 2 speed humps that were about 100m apart. My son was coming up behind a car moving quite slow after taking the 1st speedbump but because the car was inbetween 2 speed bumps it kind of made sense, so my son opened up  to overtake, his friend in a Duke125 was right behind him about to overtake as well. The aunty then decided that turning into her driveway without indicating was a great idea and just took him out..

The poor lad was in so much pain until the paramedic arrived 40min later, the ambulance took close on an hour and a half. The paramedic informed me that he had a break on his left leg and a possible broken wrist but other than that he had no life threatening injuries.

They would'nt let me transport him as they were worried about neck and spine so we just had to wait on the side of the road for what seemed forever. A few hours later he was discharged from hospital, nothing broken, just a few strains, tears and bruises.

Although it was an accident at low speed the gear did a fantastic job judging by the damage to it. .. Awesome RST racing boots, full leather jacket with extra padding, I just bought him a new HJC helmet for his birthday last November, Spirit adventure gloves, you name it he was wearing it.

Even though it was a painful experience that gear saved him a LOT of pain, his mate behind him didnt believe in gear, n jacket, takkies on his feet and MX gloves.. needless to say Im taking him boot shopping this week.

All in all a good outcome given the circumstances.

Attachments

• 20210416_173200_resized.jpg
    20210416_173200_resized.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 547
  • 20210416_181309_resized.jpg
    20210416_181309_resized.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 546