Across US on Baton Rouge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonkelnut

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
OK. I ended up all lonesome and nowhere to go and decided to do the only thing left that was good and decent to do for a man in my situation :'(. I gave up my single apartment on the 3rd floor, packed my stuff and mounted the Baton Rouge (Red Stick).  :mwink:

Now remember I am not a stop and take photos rider. I keep forgetting and only once back on the bike I remember and think Sh1t, I should have ... So bear with me, Some days there are photos and others not.

This is a journey that taught me lots and meet lots of new people. Chicks and stuff. I even kicked Wyatt Urpâ??s ass. Found myself an alien and rode the highway 1 on the coast of California. Had an erection in the redwoods and ... well lots of Mexicans. They do look pretty when they are young.

Now the Versys did very well and not once did I have any problems. I changed the back tire and put some chain wax on but that was it. What a good machine. I have even done some mountain climbing with it, ye I know it was not made for it, but it went as ez as pie.

DSC00020.jpg

Heading for Chattanooga to sit down and cry.

day1.jpg

The first day was just to get away and out of North Carolina. I camped in State parks and in KAO camp sites. This first night was such a campsite.

Here is "apie" and "flat stanley" (a school thing of my boy).

DSC00026-1.jpg

The next day I headed out to Mississippi

DSC00024-2.jpg

Found this at a town somewhere.

DSC00020-1.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

Heading into Alabama. Now Alabama was NOT sweet home. It was wet and cold and wet and I think I found all the rednecks.

day2.jpg

DSC00001-2.jpg

And slept somewhere.

DSC00021-2.jpg

Then heading out the next morning to Baton Rouge. When I heard what it meant I decided that the Versys needs another name, hence, Baton Rouge (Red Stick).

DSC00029-1.jpg

day3.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

Even had time to fill up on the Jagermeister. Ye, during the Sweet home Alabama ride i picked up a nasty flu and this were the only way I could treat it. And it might not have helped but it did feel better. And as the photo say, there is always a silver lining at a booze shop.

DSC00003.jpg

Over here I am camping on the state park grounds somewhere, I think Texas or Oklahoma.

DSC00004-2.jpg

OK. So far boring, but just to let you know. I will put up the rest later. Wait till you see New Mexico and Arizona. WOW! And the Texas girls and the steaks.